Vanguard/Powertech shared tree BURST is OP

psysention

I play a vanguard (assault spec) ya we might have high burst vs equally geared, and very high burst vs low geared targets, but what you say there is a lie, vs battle-master geared people and my 560 or so expertise i rarely get over 2.7k crits, so whatever you are smoking please pass it along.

What you clearly do not understand as a Vanguard/Powertech full dps spec we sacrifice virtually all our survivability, our survivability comes from killing targets before they kill us, while other classes have "Get out of jail free cards" be it vanish/force speed etc etc, we have 1, 25% damage reduction for 12 seconds, once that goes we are free frags for any team with half a brain.

So conclusion: I was left out on smoking something awesom :(?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Powertech have insane burst - thats true. That's the only class, that can burst me down to 40% in a couple of seconds.

Look it works like this.

Powertech throws thermal detonator, right as its about to blow up, he uses Rail Shot.

Full champion WITH CRITS the damage = 3.5 + 3.2 = 6.7

as opposed to...

Mercenary uses tracer missile 4 times NON CRIT = 8k damage.

Or you know... 12k burst from an assassin..

Or 660k damage and 200k healing per warzone from sorcerer.

Pyrotech/Assault is designed to kill tanks, its all about ignoring armor. If you are a tank and a pt/vg kills you, suck it up, they are your anti-class.

Everyone on this game apparently wants healing increased by 200 percent and everyones damage nerfed, that way we can run around in circles fighting for 20 minutes without dying like in WoW.

Or Halo 2.

Look it works like this.

Powertech throws thermal detonator, right as its about to blow up, he uses Rail Shot.

Full champion WITH CRITS the damage = 3.5 + 3.2 = 6.7

as opposed to...

Mercenary uses tracer missile 4 times NON CRIT = 8k damage.

Or you know... 12k burst from an assassin..

Or 660k damage and 200k healing per warzone from sorcerer.

Pyrotech/Assault is designed to kill tanks, its all about ignoring armor. If you are a tank and a pt/vg kills you, suck it up, they are your anti-class.

Everyone on this game apparently wants healing increased by 200 percent and everyones damage nerfed, that way we can run around in circles fighting for 20 minutes without dying like in WoW.

Or Halo 2.

U can los mercenary, I never seen anything near 12k burst from assasin. And never seen 660k dmg and 220k heal too. Powertech can burst anyone, not only tanks.

Powertech have insane burst - thats true. That's the only class, that can burst me down to 40% in a couple of seconds.

operatives burst my vanguard down to 40% percent in a couple of secs while im stunned for the full duration of their burst and thats while vanguards are considerd a hard class as opposed to a scroundel who is considerd a squishy class.

assault vanguards/pt can burst and have low sustained damage.

i call bull tho on anyone calling it "insane" or "op" or anything similar.

U can los mercenary, I never seen anything near 12k burst from assasin. And never seen 660k dmg and 220k heal too. Powertech can burst anyone, not only tanks.

Are you serious? All burst classes can burst anyone.

Taking damage from damage dealers is part of the game. I dont get how Assault vanguard does any more damage than any other damage class.

DPS Guardians out dps me. DPS GUARDIANS.

operatives burst my vanguard down to 40% percent in a couple of secs while im stunned for the full duration of their burst and thats while vanguards are considerd a hard class as opposed to a scroundel who is considerd a squishy class.

We have high sustained damage and mediocre burst.

Just because IF and ONLY IF a powertech crits, he can do the same burst other classes do with their guaranteed crit talents, does not make a powertech overpowered.

3 out of 4 of my nukes hit for less than 2k, and the fourth crits for 3.5k and now I'm overpowered.

After this OPs are nothing and u can beat them down.

HUH ?!?!

waiting on procs, hoping for crits and using delayed damage (AP) is NOT sustained damage !

a kinetic shadow is sustained damage, assault vanguard/pt is about burst.

with the flaming ammo issues assault has, you can talk about anything BUT sustained damage, unless you count hammer shotting as high sustained damage.

Just because IF and ONLY IF a powertech crits, he can do the same burst other classes do with their guaranteed crit talents, does not make a powertech overpowered.

3 out of 4 of my nukes hit for less than 2k, and the fourth crits for 3.5k and now I'm overpowered.

Every wz, if i meet powertech, i saw crits for 4.5 k from them(maybe on low exp targets, but still).

HUH ?!?!

waiting on procs, hoping for crits and using delayed damage (AP) is NOT sustained damage !

a kinetic shadow is sustained damage, assault vanguard/pt is about burst.

with the flaming ammo issues assault has, you can talk about anything BUT sustained damage, unless you count hammer shotting as high sustained damage.

Are you claiming 2 dots that ignore shielded and are mitigated at most by 20 percent arent sustained damage?

I dont have ammo issues, but then again, I know how to play.

Every wz, if i meet powertech, i saw crits for 4.5 k from them(maybe on low exp targets, but still).

I dont get the problem here. If a powertech crits for 4.5k (not a realistic number, and not guaranteed anyway) a player in level 50 gear (~15k health) lost a third of their health.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I dont get the problem here. If a powertech crits for 4.5k (not a realistic number, and not guaranteed anyway) a player in level 50 gear (~15k health) lost a third of their health.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Don't forget about sustained damage from dots etc.

Don't forget about sustained damage from dots etc.

Yeah, doing a lot of damage is part of being a damage class.

Vanguard doesnt do any more damage than Commando, either consular, either knight, or Gunslinger.

I dont get it. I guess we are just going to go down a list until all damage classes are nerfed and no one can kill each other.

After this OPs are nothing and u can beat them down.

nah thats bull sorry. it just depends on who gets the jump, and i think you are whining because you got killed by vanguards.

if an OP jumps me and gets me down to 40% in one stunlock, i have no way to "burst him back" really because i need setup time for max burst. so while he burned his burst, he still has enough damage on board to take my remaining 40% of hp.

same goes the other way. when i get the jump on an op there is also a high chance that i can take enough hp off him initially so the rest of the fight will be an uphill battle for him.

my sustained damage outside a burst is a higher then OPs (but also highly limited by ammo) but their burst is a higher then vanguards. they have stealth, i have armor that can mitigate white damage. it all evens out.

nah thats bull sorry. it just depends on who gets the jump, and i think you are whining because you got killed by vanguards.

if an OP jumps me and gets me down to 40% in one stunlock, i have no way to "burst him back" really because i need setup time for max burst. so while he burned his burst, he still has enough damage on board to take my remaining 40% of hp.

same goes the other way. when i get the jump on an op there is also a high chance that i can take enough hp off him initially so the rest of the fight will be an uphill battle for him.

my sustained damage outside a burst is a higher then OPs (but also highly limited by ammo) but their burst is a higher then vanguards. they have stealth, i have armor that can mitigate white damage. it all evens out.

I think you are forgetting that the OP probably has 1 piece of centurion gear and doesnt think dying is part of pvp.

Yeah, doing a lot of damage is part of being a damage class.

Vanguard doesnt do any more damage than Commando, either consular, either knight, or Gunslinger.

I dont get it. I guess we are just going to go down a list until all damage classes are nerfed and no one can kill each other.

I dont want to nerf anyone, i only share my experience ( powertech can burst me down, as a healer, much faster than anyone else).

Deer op and Affics.... this going on and you qq about powertecs?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298118

Jeez, nothing wrong with pw,s they are ok balanced for PvP I give you that but need some dmg in the non shared dps tree for pve. If anything powertecs could use a dmg buff on their burst. Yes I play powertecs and yes i do some dmg but its not op in any way.

Think its a matter of "I died to x class so now it need to be nerfed".

Edited by Osicat

Yes, but i think u have medpack, some def cds to survive for ur burst.

Are you claiming 2 dots that ignore shielded and are mitigated at most by 20 percent arent sustained damage?

I dont have ammo issues, but then again, I know how to play.

err you said HIGH sustained damage. the two dots arent exactly high sustained damage.

an example of high sustained damage would be tracer missle/grav round, since they do high damage per shot and when skilled for it cost very low armmo when the commando/merc crit is high enough.

around 2-4k damage every 1.5 sec whith low ammo cost THAT is what i consider high sustained damage. (and no i dont think mercs/commandos are op, they just do good sustain with some burst and are kinda easy to dps with, but also easy to counter).

and please dont give me that l2p crap, tnx mate ^^

Deer op and Affics.... this going on and you qq about powertecs?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298118

Jeez, nothing wrong with pw,s they are ok balanced for PvP I give you that but need some dmg in the non shared dps tree for pve. If anything powertecs could use a dmg buff on their burst. Yes I play powertecs and yes i do some dmg but its not op in any way.

Think its a matter of "I died to x class so now it need to be nerfed".

On SWTOR anyone who does damage is op, because everyone dies faster than they do in WoW.

TL:DR

The only way an mmo can be good is if it is exactly like wow, but not a stupid wow clone.

there is no doubt, atm pyro powertech > all

been testing this for almost 4 hours now

same gear, better gear, lower gear...

not to mention even totally naked pyrotech hits 8k burst on 700 expertise full battlemaster player..

powertech pyro tree needs lil bit balance

i call lies at the naked pyrotech thing...

and i guess 3k grav rounds followed up by 4k demo rounds is alright!

thermal detonator needs to be nerfed! /thread

Are you claiming they should nerf thermal detonator which...

does 500 more damage than stick grenade?

Woot. 500 damage.

Lets also nerf chain lightning, tracer missile, snipe, ambush, clairvoyant strike, hidden strike, force sweep, rail shot, and every single marauder attack.

Am i right here? Hes saying the Shared dps tree with commandos/mercs needs to be nerfed for vanguards/pts only?

:)

Even in full assaulttree vanguards have way more survival and utility than commandos, so its a legit concern. Vanguards/powertechs are monsters atm, and once geared top dmg done about every match. Theyre dps is throgh the roof, and theyre tough enough to be left alone to do their *****, as opposed to commandos and gunslingers which gets zerged round the clock due to no survival/escapeutility.

Edited by Niconogood