SWTOR Lite for PS Vita!

Xorto

Yesterday was the launch of the PS Vita in Europe and some other regions. It's is known as a powerful console handheld with features like 3G / Wifi and a quadcore CPU.

Assuming EA and Bioware are known with their good relation- and partnerships with Sony;

Why shouldn't we encourage them to initially release a SWTOR Lite edition for the PS Vita and a full version on long-term ?

Sounds to me like something what will make SWTOR special against WoW, Rift or GW2.

Edited by Xorto

How the mustafar is that even going to work?

You NEED a keyboard and mouse to play this game. PC version is still unstable and you want them to start working on another version of the game?

Well the vita has something as a touchpad on the backside which makes a mouse unneceserry.

Edited by Xorto

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least the space combat missions would be cool on the Vita imo. The controller factor and sixaxis would be a big advantage.

I currently think very less players are completing the combat misions because it feels not comfortable for a mouse + keyboard style gameplay.

Edited by Xorto

I want to know how much Sony payed you to say that.

Well I paid Sony 299 euros to become an owner of a great handheld console.

I'm not gonna ask how much you received from its concurrents to provocate.

It's just the human way of asking for something new then ************ when it comes.....

And yeah, that would be cool. They have multiple devlopment teams, not just one, so its most definetly possible. But I wouldn't expect it any time, BioWare is gonna be work on more features.

The game is playable with the w-a-s-d, space and mouse buttons only. So the 101 key example is just :rolleyes:

So, what language do you use to communicate with other players that consists of only 4 letters?

Also, if you never use hotkeys for in-game events, you are at a significant disadvantage. There is a reason behind some MMO players' scorn of "Clickers."

Well at least the space combat missions would be cool on the Vita imo. The controller factor and sixaxis would be a big advantage.

I currently think very less players are completing the combat misions because it feels not comfortable for a mouse + keyboard style gameplay.

No, I don't complete the space combat missions because they're boring, repetitive, and pointless.

Also, if you never use hotkeys for in-game events, you are at a significant disadvantage. There is a reason behind some MMO players' scorn of "Clickers."

omg, you're one of THEM. Someone who's life is somehow effected by how someone else plays thier game. Keybinding isn't for everyone, GET OVER IT.

The idea itself is not bad... Getting TOR to more platforms would be good... However, I do not think it is possible to make a light enough version to run in a vita that includes all the features. So it's probably just technically impossible.

omg, you're one of THEM. Someone who's life is somehow effected by how someone else plays thier game. Keybinding isn't for everyone, GET OVER IT.

No, I do not ridicule others for doing so. However, it is bad for a company to design a specific version of their game that can only put players at a significant disadvantage. This would cause the game to be impossible to balance for both user types.

• 5 months later...
I personally like the idea. I mean you could totally take advantage of the touch screen and pad which could eliminate the need for hit keys. Also for communicating with other players, just touch the chat board and a virtual key board could come up like on a smart phone. But like others said, the main version does have a lot going on for it already. But I feel porting it out could get them the subs they desperately need right now, plus I travel a lot so a portable version would be amazing. I'd gladly pay a sub for that.