Warzone LEAVER DEBUFFFFFFF PLS

Lawconis

Agreed.

A debuff that prevents them from entering a warzone for the next 24-72 hours would be wonderfull imo.

OR! OR! OR!

Just remove the damned abilaty to jump out of a warzone at will. Its stupid and game breaking for the people who dont quit. You do not need to be able to quit warzones. If you suddenly need to stop playing and cannot continue the wz you joined you still have the abilaty to turn the game off to adress rl issues.

But hell thats a sensible idea so it won't fly. Hopefully when we get ranked wz's there will be a quitter stat that gets recorded for each character, and the quitters can just play with the other quitters leaving everyone else to enjoy their pvp, win or loose, without the match suddenly going from 8 vs 8 to 8 vs 5.

We currently only have 1 wz out of 3 where being outnumbered doesnt mean an instant loss (huttball). But voidstar and civilwar... If you are missing 1 person on your team for either of these wz's it is a huge detriment to everyone left behind.

Agreed.

A debuff that prevents them from entering a warzone for the next 24-72 hours would be wonderfull imo.

OR! OR! OR!

Just remove the damned abilaty to jump out of a warzone at will. Its stupid and game breaking for the people who dont quit. You do not need to be able to quit warzones. If you suddenly need to stop playing and cannot continue the wz you joined you still have the abilaty to turn the game off to adress rl issues.

But hell thats a sensible idea so it won't fly. Hopefully when we get ranked wz's there will be a quitter stat that gets recorded for each character, and the quitters can just play with the other quitters leaving everyone else to enjoy their pvp, win or loose, without the match suddenly going from 8 vs 8 to 8 vs 5.

We currently only have 1 wz out of 3 where being outnumbered doesnt mean an instant loss (huttball). But voidstar and civilwar... If you are missing 1 person on your team for either of these wz's it is a huge detriment to everyone left behind.

well said sir!

Please....please....add a debuff for ***** *** leavers that screw the rest of the warzone.

Didn't any of you play sports? You don't just QUIT!~

/rage

Define screwing the warzone...

is this like a lvl 10 with no advanced class que'ing...

or a level 50 that does 30k dmg 0 protection and 5k healing at the end (but was there for the entire WZ)...

or a Sorc/sage healer that hides in a corner and sac's life and heals himself repeatedly...

or a level 50 that joins a warzone in lvl 40 pvp gear...

or a team that ignores door clickers/ball carriers/turret ninja's...

Define screwing the warzone, because in my opinion more then half the people in warzones are making pretty big attempts at screwing the warzone even if they do stay...

Haha, wait what, the only penalty for leaving a warzone is that it counts as a loss?

Who cares, typically you're only going to leave warzones when the loss is all but written in stone and deigned by the elder gods, and the other team is farming you.

I am absolutely fine with that, at this point I only PvP for the awful daily, if I'm going to lose anyway, I'd rather get that L on expedited delivery so I can finish it even a few minutes quicker and do something else. Who knows, maybe my leaving will get TOR Jesus on my ex-team to rally those derps together for a miraculous win.

They have already said they are not going to put a debuff in, but they have said quitting will count as a loss. Not that most quitters care about their pvp stats but at least its something.

???? I'm pretty sure they are putting deserter debuff in 1.2

Patch 1.2, among many other PvP changes, will remove the reliance on daily quests for your gear progression (and therefore increasing the value of the commendations you get for playing a match to the end) and implement penalties for quitters.
Edited by xxdragonragexx

or a level 50 that does 30k dmg 0 protection and 5k healing at the end (but was there for the entire WZ)...

or a Sorc/sage healer that hides in a corner and sac's life and heals himself repeatedly...

Define screwing the warzone, because in my opinion more then half the people in warzones are making pretty big attempts at screwing the warzone even if they do stay...

Even if people are not geared, having stuns, heals and dmg helps. It could be that 1 thing that stops a turret cap, bomb etc....

It further SCREWS everyone as the replacement person doesn't join instantly, or has to load, run to the battle, etc....

It just really throws the imbalance of the battle to an almost unrecoverable state of catch up.

If you start at 6 vs 8, and then another "leaves," you are at a 37.5% disadvantage of player - player.

And, you aren't serious about your question I hope.

They have already said they are not going to put a debuff in, but they have said quitting will count as a loss. Not that most quitters care about their pvp stats but at least its something.
You're wrong.

As someone below your post already quoted, the Lead Combat Designer said just last week that penalties for quitters are going in, along with a votekick system, in 1.2.

So, go ahead, keep on quitting. Don't let the door hitchya when you /ragequit :)

He then discussed several upcoming PVP changes:

Patch 1.2, among many other PvP changes, will remove the reliance on daily quests for your gear progression (and therefore increasing the value of the commendations you get for playing a match to the end) and implement penalties for quitters.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/dev-tracker-summary-february-13th-2012-%E2%80%93-february-20th-2012

Some people don't want to quit, but are forced out. I've been in a few Alderaan warzones where the speeders just stop spawning and I watch others able to get on invisible speeders, or do click on one and it locks me in place and states "You are already mounted." if I try to click it again. The deserter debuff ticks down and I'm out.

Maybe Bio-ware should have more gear available then for PvP'ers instead of 20/40. PvP'ing all the way to 50 gets you 2 maybe 3 pieces tops of lvl 50 gear when you turn 50 assuming you had enough for 6 bags when you turned 50. I'm not saying that you should be fully geared out as soon as turn 50 but the Gear jumps in available PvP gear is rediculous. Short of field stripping Weapons at 580 Commendations a pop for the chips there is no real way to Get PvP stats and gear post 40 for a 50 except going in with A) Sub Par PvP Gear or B) PvE gear.

Itemization in this game is very poor especialy for PvP gear. Making standard PvP gear prices 300'ish for main armor pieces and 580 for weapons for centurion Gear and then requiring Champion and battlemaster tokens for those sets would help a lot for people going in under geared for PvP.

Edited by hellczar

Maybe Bio-ware should have more gear available then for PvP'ers instead of 20/40. PvP'ing all the way to 50 gets you 2 maybe 3 pieces tops of lvl 50 gear when you turn 50 assuming you had enough for 6 bags when you turned 50. I'm not saying that you should be fully geared out as soon as turn 50 but the Gear jumps in available PvP gear is rediculous. Short of field stripping Weapons at 580 Commendations a pop for the chips there is no real way to Get PvP stats and gear post 40 for a 50 except going in with A) Sub Par PvP Gear or B) PvE gear.

Itemization in this game is very poor especialy for PvP gear. Making standard PvP gear prices 300'ish for main armor pieces and 580 for weapons for centurion Gear and then requiring Champion and battlemaster tokens for those sets would help a lot for people going in under geared for PvP.

Level 40 "PvP" gear IS pve gear...so there is no reason not to acquire new gear in TEN LEVELS. If you leveled all the way to 50 in pvp, guess what? You have a TON of credits, buy some level 50 gear...craft some level 50 gear...complete quests and get some level 50 gear...

Even if people are not geared, having stuns, heals and dmg helps. It could be that 1 thing that stops a turret cap, bomb etc....

It further SCREWS everyone as the replacement person doesn't join instantly, or has to load, run to the battle, etc....

It just really throws the imbalance of the battle to an almost unrecoverable state of catch up.

If you start at 6 vs 8, and then another "leaves," you are at a 37.5% disadvantage of player - player.

And, you aren't serious about your question I hope.

No it doesn't, because odds are, if you're going in with that horrible of gear because you couldn't figure out how to re-mod your armor to make it level 50, odds are you don't know how to prevent white baring someone in huttball at a horrible time, you don't know that even though you are a dps guardian/juggernaut or vanguard/powertech you still have taunts that benefit the team. You are a hinderance when a decent geared, knowledgable 50 could be in the que as well.

My point is simple...what you consider screwing a warzone over, I (and others as well) consider taking initiative towards enjoying myself instead of watching people faceroll their keyboard beating on a tank while 2 healers sit in back spam healing and laughing because the team i'm on has more facerollers then theirs does handing them an easy win.

Level 40 "PvP" gear IS pve gear...so there is no reason not to acquire new gear in TEN LEVELS. If you leveled all the way to 50 in pvp, guess what? You have a TON of credits, buy some level 50 gear...craft some level 50 gear...complete quests and get some level 50 gear...

I did go all the way in PvP and where's all these credits Im supposed to have ..oh yeah skills and crafting and companions ...so when i hit i was still broke.

I did go all the way in PvP and where's all these credits Im supposed to have ..oh yeah skills and crafting and companions ...so when i hit i was still broke.

I went from 30-50 in pvp on my guardian and my bh with 400/400/400 for crew skills by level 40 on both and had ~650k (before level 50 mount/training) on my guardian and ~525k on my bh (before training, crafted my level 50 mount). Thinking you don't make great money pvp'ing is rediculous.

A penalty is not going to fix the problem! The problem is that BW has made the pvp system rely on WINNING for gearing up etc. People dont want to stay in a game for 15mins just to loose and get 400 valor and a couple thousand credits. its a waste of time!

and dont say ud stay for the 15 just to loose and say its fun becos its not...

If they changed the reliance on winning for gearing etc then we wouldnt have this problem..........

I'm sorry and I understand your point but here are two of my own...

1. Voidstar is completely stupid and 9 out of 10 times i leave. Especially when theres 5 minutes left on the clock and the other team has already won.

2. and a debuff isn't going to stop people from leaving these crappy warzones, i know id still leave. Which means you will get into a horrible losing game and u wont be able to leave without getting the debuff... you will just have to sit there for 15 minutes knowing you're going to lose.

If you really want people to stop leaving wzs, make them not suck.