Patch 1.2 will save the pvp or not ???

Winteria

Honestly? Patch 1.2 is unlikely to save PVP.

Uninspired efforts towards PVP. Constant bugs. Sickening blatant bias in game mechanics AND content towards Empire, it took so long for me to wrap my head around this one because logically speaking you'd think a company would maintain impartiality because it's in their best interest but it's become more and more apparent that BioWare -AUSTIN- had let their Empire fanboy-ism enthusiasm out on a free reign.

I honestly doubt they can fix anything at this point without destroying 3-5 other things. They talk about caring about their product, but their actions so far has proven otherwise.

"Hey! Republic population pales in comparison to the Empire population! Let's fix that by graphically improving the Sith Warrior's AOE stun to make the victims fall on the ground flailing like helplessly babies! Boy, that'll get more players playing Republic! Mhm!"

Edited by Obie_Wan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly? Patch 1.2 is unlikely to save PVP.

Uninspired efforts towards PVP. Constant bugs. Sickening blatant bias in game mechanics AND content towards Empire, it took so long for me to wrap my head around this one because logically speaking you'd think a company would maintain impartiality because it's in their best interest but it's become more and more apparent that BioWare -AUSTIN- had let their Empire fanboy-ism enthusiasm out on a free reign.

I honestly doubt they can fix anything at this point without destroying 3-5 other things. They talk about caring about their product, but their actions so far has proven otherwise.

"Hey! Republic population pales in comparison to the Empire population! Let's fix that by graphically improving the Sith Warrior's AOE stun to make the victims fall on the ground flailing like helplessly babies! Boy, that'll get more players playing Republic! Mhm!"

Doesnt need to be saved so pointless thread, improved yes but saved? ROFL far from it with 300 on at peak times and instant ques on both ends....

rofl bad is bad...

Edited by mordredz

In GW2 Beta and LOL@at saying what this pvp should look like? really your in for a huge dissapointment come release time and be thankful for this game, but find out for yourself after 60 bucks wasted...

How did you get in the Beta ???

tell me cause it was open for press this weekend and not much ppl had keys...

Did you tryed the World vs World ? and tell me how this can be WORST than SWTOR ???

really.

How did you get in the Beta ???

tell me cause it was open for press this weekend and not much ppl had keys...

Did you tryed the World vs World ? and tell me how this can be WORST than SWTOR ???

really.

If you think he is telling the truth than this *facepalm* is for you.

Ilum needs to be fixed and I think the fact that Ilum isn't makes the Warzones seem worse then they are, maybe. I have hope that the next wz will be really good, maybe taking in feedback about the three they have and making the new one the best of all of them.

I think Ilum could be fixed easy with a little thought but they never mention it. I go on Ilum everyday and it's the same driving in circles waiting not doing anything. I just watch movies and listen to music while I play waiting to do dailys. I know it can be a great game! Let's do it!

Kids will always never be contented with what they have. They are always not satisfied. No game is ever perfect. If you guys have a mindset that GW2 is gonna the BEST and PERFECT game ever, we will wait a few weeks for people to reach the endgame and there will be a lot of complains. No game is perfect.

Honestly, this.

I fully expect the same sentiments after reaching cap in GW2. I am positive I'll see complaints that there isn't enough content once it has all been consumed, how there aren't quite enough leisure activities, how scripted events get less dynamic after the 10th time you do them, etc. It is the nature of the beast - people are going to consume the content faster than it can be added. Then they will be right where the SWTOR fans are right now: waiting for new content to be added, in the meanwhile, biding time doing the grind for dailies, gear, commendations, etc.

GW2 isn't going to dodge this mindset. That is because this mindset doesn't come from the games, but the gamers.

I just hope people realize that and don't get discouraged when GW2 eventually hits this same patch. It is unavoidable. Still, asking gamers not to be fickle is like asking grass not to be green.

Edited by Jaramukhti

Im a Vanguard shield spec on Dark Reaper

Bigbee is my ingame name

70 valor

Full BM

Have yet to see anything wrong with PVP

Ilum is laggy but all big world pvp in every game is

If there was an option to turn off some of the animations it would prob make it run smother

but every night we grab about 20-30 guildys and go wreck the gaggle of imps (fishing at our base) and then the puggers follow and we chase them back to there base and proceed to farm them for about and hour or so...

then we group into 4s and do WZs and stomp imps even more

some times we get to play against each other in huttball and its a blast....just hunting eachother not even going for the ball

I have alot of fun PVPing in this game

Badcompany is our guild....dark reaper the server and I am BIGBEE

I think it is very likely too late.

PvP is made by the community. There have to be other Ps to have PvP.

With the mass exodus from this game that has already happened, it might not matter at this point. If there is no player base, it doesn't matter how awesome 1.2 may or may not be.

While I agree in part, a good majority of the people I know are leaving/have left while waiting for 1.2

noone has to scrap anything...you dont have to play it

Totally. This is a communist economy, and this game doesn't need to maintain subscriptions. It's being funded by our tax dollars! Hurray! Gone are the days where businesses must provide products that consumers desire in order to stay financially viable!

Honestly, this.

I fully expect the same sentiments after reaching cap in GW2. I am positive I'll see complaints that there isn't enough content once it has all been consumed, how there aren't quite enough leisure activities, how scripted events get less dynamic after the 10th time you do them, etc. It is the nature of the beast - people are going to consume the content faster than it can be added. Then they will be right where the SWTOR fans are right now: waiting for new content to be added, in the meanwhile, biding time doing the grind for dailies, gear, commendations, etc.

GW2 isn't going to dodge this mindset. That is because this mindset doesn't come from the games, but the gamers.

I just hope people realize that and don't get discouraged when GW2 eventually hits this same patch. It is unavoidable. Still, asking gamers not to be fickle is like asking grass not to be green.

What about Gw2 will have 3 servers fighting each other during 2 weeks for supremacy in a Huge Battleground filled with all kind of stuff including Npcs. After each battles reroll with new servers and do again. Meanwhile we have Nothing to spend our time on...

I want something big, not just another same faction warzone ...

as for end game I think GW2 will still bring more reasons to play than the buggy and boring raids of TOR and the grind fest in Wz. (not even speaking of Ilum here)

except this boring grind

I know he's *****in GW2 cause in fact he work for Biofail but I just wanted to play hes game and see what happen next :)

I don't think people work for Bioware just because they support an obviously flawed game.

I have been accused of working for Blizzard because I didn't like something and talked about it on Rift's forums.

Was the biggest laugh I have had in a while, please don't give someone else that same pleasure.

Nothing the ex-Mythic team (that had a better PvP game and botched that) can do to save PvP in this game

Fixed it for ya...

They will keep fumbling around with a solution and keep getting farther from it.

Edited by Ozzone

Totally. This is a communist economy, and this game doesn't need to maintain subscriptions. It's being funded by our tax dollars! Hurray! Gone are the days where businesses must provide products that consumers desire in order to stay financially viable!

that is exactly what I think.

90% of company today launch their game to make money and only money.

Look at how good the customer support is LOL. best exemple.

I think Bioware and EA dont really care if this mmo please or not.

The name "Star War" will make this sell whatever happen !

maybe you guys didnt know about Bioware and mass Effect 3 ?

check this one

this is really BAD :(

TOR will be dead by then

warhammer online 2.0 ftw

Because PVP clearly dictates the long term survivability of a story based MMO, right?

Wow lasted as long as it has because of PVE/raid content, without that, the game would've died years ago. As long as this game continues to push out new flashpoints//operations, it will have a strong customer base.

I was going off the you dont have to World PVP.....but to be stupid and say take out world pvp....cuz yea im one of thos paying consumers and I like world pvp

Communist PVP what you want?

Think you need to retake economics

I don't think people work for Bioware just because they support an obviously flawed game.

I have been accused of working for Blizzard because I didn't like something and talked about it on Rift's forums.

Was the biggest laugh I have had in a while, please don't give someone else that same pleasure.

HAHA the fact that he work for Biofail was a joke for sure

im not that stupid... just want to make him realize he's funny with all that hate about GW2 and all the "OH GOD praise TOR" lol

I obviously can only speak for myself but from what I have read there will only be some minor changes, no more wf leaving, easier to get the gear...

The thing is both of these issues don´t really apply to me, the main thing that did draw me to swtor was the open world pvp zone ilum and I don´t see any changes to make the zone actually playable and fun.

Yes, the warzones will be better for a lot of players but for me warzones are just minigames and while fun for an hour it really is not my cup of tea, if I want minigame pvp I can start dota2 or play some cs, both of which in my opinion require a lor more skill and are more enjoyable.

So for me the only thing that could "save" pvp would be notes that include further engine optimization so that 40vs40 is playable (constant 30fps no lag) and a redesign of ilum to have some kind of capturable fortresses.

So for me its definitely a no at this point (ie with the current information I have), though maybe for others it does.

Edited by Garbald

I was going off the you dont have to World PVP.....but to be stupid and say take out world pvp....cuz yea im one of thos paying consumers and I like world pvp

Our server's OPvP is actually pretty awesome. Massive battle royales on a nightly basis. Here's a screenie from the other night. I think you're in there somewhere Bigbee... lawl

http://www.collectiblecutlery.com/pics/swtor/ilum001.jpg

But Dark Reaper is full of peeps, especially Pubs, that like to PvP and fight their hearts out. I don't think the other server populations have similar peeps so I don't think their Ilum OPvP is as fun.

HAHA the fact that he work for Biofail was a joke for sure

im not that stupid... just want to make him realize he's funny with all that hate about GW2 and all the "OH GOD praise TOR" lol

Im kinda laughing at you for talking about how great a game is and its not out yet

Our server's OPvP is actually pretty awesome. Massive battle royales on a nightly basis. Here's a screenie from the other night. I think you're in there somewhere Bigbee... lawl

http://www.collectiblecutlery.com/pics/swtor/ilum001.jpg

But Dark Reaper is full of peeps, especially Pubs, that like to PvP and fight their hearts out. I don't think the other server populations have similar peeps so I don't think their Ilum OPvP is as fun.

Yes ilum is my home.....oooo I see me top left......we were doing our badcompany flank

Edited by TheBigBee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.