The Suggestion Box

mrHaterade

Our survivability is based on damage because the faster we can dispatch our enemies, the less damage we take. Annihilation has sustained damage and heals, Rage has increased damage and defense, Carnage only has damage. If Carnage isn't consistently doing more damage than the other two trees then what else does it have going for it?

This.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Increase the range of vicious throw and deadly throw to 30m

2) Make our channels usable while moving. Catching my target with force choke at 9m and being able to close the gap while choking is very appropriate and it would make ravage not lame.

Any major changes to the class are not needed. There may be a case for some skill consolidation, but I'd argue you are likely to cause more problems then you'll fix.

Been thinking hard on this for a while now and I can not agree more with 1 and 2. there is no reason why our throws are not 30 to 40 m in range. it would immediately deal with issues of people running and kiting. I also agree why the blazes am i CC'd for cc'ing another. Let us move while choke is working so as to close the gap. we pull of that target choke is immediately broken would work for me.

i will say i dont agree with the last point but i understand why its said. i offer this one charge needs cool down but in half. and our offhand daamage needs a boost but 15%. everything else is status quo. that honestly several skills are usless in pvp outside of very specific situations and pomel strike is one of them. usless unless you allow me to pomel strike before choke is out. lastly with charge i think it should have a 5 sec immunity to knock backs, but thats just me being greedy =)

The 3 things I would like to see:

1: Blurred Speed and Close Quarters become tier 1 talents. (Every build would benefit from this as a way to counter all the knock-backs of other classes)

This is one of the benefits of going annihilation. Just learn to not blow your charge right away when playing, annihilation has to deal with that same problem still so it's not going to answer everyone else's problems yo.

2: Ravage should generate rage at 1 rage per second. (If we are going to be rooted by its use, it should give this secondary benefit since more then half the time it will either get interrupted or knocked back part way through its channeling.)

Ravage is just seriously ***... seriously skill needs fixed.

3: Ataru Form should have a 40% chance to PROC instead of 20% (Gives Carnage a damage increase without obsoleting the other talent trees)

You do realize massacre boosts this effect up to 50% chance right?

Just my 2 cents as a part time lurker ;)

Marauders do well if played right...

Marauders do well if played right...

That is not in dispute and can be said about ANY class. What's NOT in dispute is that tweets are needed to make the class a bit more competitive.

To answer your counterpoints

1: While that is a deep talent of Annihilation, it doesn't the fact that having it low on the tree would give EVERY tree more mobility which they all lack. (player skills/tactics notwithstanding)

2: Agreed Ravage needs help and that was just my opinion on how to do it.

3: Yes, I do know that however, I feel that Ataru needs more as base and other abilities can be tweaked accordingly.

Now these are just my suggestions based on my own experience, playstyle, and what other Marauders have said to me.

Do you have anything to add to the discussion other than "Annihilation should be a special snowflake don't change it" or L2P ?

That is not in dispute and can be said about ANY class. What's NOT in dispute is that tweets are needed to make the class a bit more competitive.

To answer your counterpoints

1: While that is a deep talent of Annihilation, it doesn't the fact that having it low on the tree would give EVERY tree more mobility which they all lack. (player skills/tactics notwithstanding)

2: Agreed Ravage needs help and that was just my opinion on how to do it.

3: Yes, I do know that however, I feel that Ataru needs more as base and other abilities can be tweaked accordingly.

Now these are just my suggestions based on my own experience, playstyle, and what other Marauders have said to me.

Do you have anything to add to the discussion other than "Annihilation should be a special snowflake don't change it" or L2P ?

How is marauder not competitive?

I didn't say you should be an annihilation should be the end all be all, the other two trees have the potential to do well in pvp also. You must remember that the warzones in this game aren't just faceroll and win you actually have to have some decent team play to do so. So learn to play with a team and you should be able to do just as well as annihilation.

marauders don't need anything... we're already boarder line op'ed.

In YOUR opinion, however you do realize this is a suggestion thread to change them.

Perhaps you could make one of those "Watch MA UB3R 1337 SKLIZZ PWN TEH NUBZ" Livestreams threads (Maker knows we need more of those :rolleyes:) or something.

In YOUR opinion, however you do realize this is a suggestion thread to change them.

Perhaps you could make one of those "Watch MA UB3R 1337 SKLIZZ PWN TEH NUBZ" Livestreams threads (Maker knows we need more of those :rolleyes:) or something.

No but i will give you tips and tricks on how to be a better marauder, which sorry to say, that's what you people seem to need.

I will wait with bated breath for a guide from you to show us all how ignorant we have been all this time. :rolleyes:

yet you feel marauder is lacking and thinks it needs all these buffs and fixes. You're obviously doing something wrong if you think this class needs some work.

I am not a fan of using my cc break (Unleash) and instantly being cc'd right afterwords. I would like an ability that makes me immune to cc for like 2 seconds that I use preemptively. This would be on the same cooldown as unleash. I could use this ability mid force charge to combat instantly being knocked back. How I have worded the ability makes unleash obsolete however. Some form of balancing would need to be added in as well. Something like half my current hp in damage when I use it, similar to undying rage. Or maybe we get stunned at the end of the two seconds. Thoughts?

This is simply an idea for diversity in situations and play styles. I think marauders are balanced well. Most people probably have trouble with marauders because of gear IMO.

I am not a fan of using my cc break (Unleash) and instantly being cc'd right afterwords. I would like an ability that makes me immune to cc for like 2 seconds that I use preemptively. This would be on the same cooldown as unleash. I could use this ability mid force charge to combat instantly being knocked back. How I have worded the ability makes unleash obsolete however. Some form of balancing would need to be added in as well. Something like half my current hp in damage when I use it, similar to undying rage. Or maybe we get stunned at the end of the two seconds. Thoughts?

This is simply an idea for diversity in situations and play styles. I think marauders are balanced well. Most people probably have trouble with marauders because of gear IMO.

sometimes it's painful but you just have to eat the first CC and take the damage, medpack once you can and once you get hit with another CC that white bars you that's when you Unleash.

The whole force charging into someone knocking you back right away can be helped by running up to them first and beating on them and waiting for the knock back. Do this more than just jumping right in.

But yeah the amount of crowd control in this game is a little over the top and the resolve system is just straight up bad.

@bobbojones, in my opinion anti-stun-lock shouldn't be marauder specific. It'd be nice if it just didn't exist, but barring that a talent or passive ability for every class would be nice.

@Xerain, why don't you just stay out of this thread and create your own? In the spirit of this thread I'll *suggest* a title for you: Ask Me How To Play A Marauder Correctly. :rolleyes:

On a personal note, are you the child of one of the mods or something? Apparently you can be as rude and offensive as you like while others get their threads and posts shot down almost immediately.

* I'd like to ask that other people who are genuinely participating in this thread FLAG any post that attempts to derail it or is offensive to others. *

@bobbojones, in my opinion anti-stun-lock shouldn't be marauder specific. It'd be nice if it just didn't exist, but barring that a talent or passive ability for every class would be nice.

@Xerain, why don't you just stay out of this thread and create your own? In the spirit of this thread I'll *suggest* a title for you: Ask Me How To Play A Marauder Correctly. :rolleyes:

On a personal note, are you the child of one of the mods or something? Apparently you can be as rude and offensive as you like while others get their threads and posts shot down almost immediately.

* I'd like to ask that other people who are genuinely participating in this thread FLAG any post that attempts to derail it or is offensive to others. *

I've said nothing rude or offensive sir. I've given you helpful information and tried to improve your quality of life while playing the marauder class since you all feel it's so lacking that you need to make suggestions to make it better.

The whole CC system is pretty gimped... resolve should work more properly, like it refills if a person hits you with a cc while you're white barred, maybe slower to drain, and DR's on CC period.

sometimes it's painful but you just have to eat the first CC and take the damage, medpack once you can and once you get hit with another CC that white bars you that's when you Unleash.

The whole force charging into someone knocking you back right away can be helped by running up to them first and beating on them and waiting for the knock back. Do this more than just jumping right in.

But yeah the amount of crowd control in this game is a little over the top and the resolve system is just straight up bad.

I feel ya. I've started taking the extra effort to run up to the fight instead of jumping in. Then when I get knocked back just jump back. Sorcs are so lost when their kb is on cd.

I just hate jumping up the rafters in the pit and being knocked off before I land.

So far I like the Gore/Ravage/Ataru changes people are suggesting.

1) Ataru just needs to work on large enemies on the edges of their hitboxes.

2) Gore needs to not be bad. It currently goes away way too quickly and this makes it far less reliable. You might get the maximum 4 hits in 6 seconds, or you might get none because you got chain CC'd or knocked back or the target ran away. It really should be on a charge system (I suggest 4 but maybe with 80% Armor Penetration instead).

3) Ravage glitches out so much it's not even funny.

4) Fury generation in Carnage is indeed pretty lacklustre. Maybe a secondary way to get some would be required. I like the suggestion to have it have a chance on Ataru strikes to grant 1 Fury.

5) I also like the idea of having Ataru strikes heal you for 1% of your health, but that might be a bit too much. 0.5% maybe?

I would love to see rupture be able to apply a new Dot instead of just refreshing the old DoT. We put 3 points into a high level skill in order to refresh our rupture cd which is a very high price. While waiting to put on the new rupture is doable, we shouldn't have to, this also means that we have to wait for the new ruptures cd. Yes this would be a big dps/healing boost, but we paid for that with the 3 high level points. If each use of rupture applied a new DoT it would also be harder to dispel which is a huge problem against skilled players. Since the odds for refresh are rather low for VS and annihalate has a long cd unless stacked, ruptures applying new DoTs wouldn't be all that radical. The rage cost of each of these skills would also limit its upper limit damage, so I think that this one change would make a lot of sense. When I first started playing anni spec I was very surprised to find that this wasn't the way it already worked, it just makes sense for it to be this way.

I am personally not a fan of this idea. I often reapply rupture prematurely and it is a hassle. This feature is another dimension to the class to help separate the best damage dealers. Even though I make the mistake occasionally it challenges me to be a better marauder.

I just hate jumping up the rafters in the pit and being knocked off before I land.

yeah this def needs to be fixed... i land in all sorts of weird places. That's more a bug than a class issue though, shouldn't be getting knocked back when we're not even there yet.

Knockback in general is insane in this game. I don't understand why so many classes get a knockback. It's like they were in the middle of doing class balance and ran out of ideas and just said, "Ah screw it, just give them a knockback."

A healing proc would be sorta ok, but then Carnage becomes Annihilation with big hits instead of DoTs. I'd prefer taking out targets faster as it's more in line with what BW apparently had in mind with the tree.

Edited by mrHaterade