The Suggestion Box

mrHaterade

For those of you who want to see, and possibly affect changes to the marauder class, this is the place to do it. All the griping and bickering will never be as useful to dev team as one consolidated, well organized list. I promise that this thread will be watched by some of us who will happily flag any post that is offensive, rude, or otherwise unrelated to the subject. Let's keep it civil, folks.

Suggestion #1: Think before you type. Think about how a suggested talent in one tree will affect the other trees. How a new ability or change to an existing one will affect the existence and use of other abilities (i.e. combo effects such as Massacre into Towering Rage into Force Scream). Think about how a suggested change or addition may affect other classes and their talents and abilities. How it could lead to imbalance in the class system.

* The list below is a compilation of user suggestions from this thread. Please note that this is not a wish list that we feel should be fulfilled in its entirety. Rather, it's simply a list of ideas, any one of which could go a long way towards improving the marauder class. *

Edited by mrHaterade

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TALENTS

Ataru Form

Increase off-hand damage by 15%. Stacks with Dual Wield Mastery to give 100% damage to off-hand weapon.

Erupting Fury

Ataru strikes have a 50/100% chance to build 1 Fury.

Overwhelm

Ravage has a 50/100% chance to immobilize the target for the duration of the ability. In addition, the channeling time is reduced by 1/1.5 seconds.

Blood Frenzy

Critical strikes with melee attacks generate 1 fury.

Towering Rage

Hits from Ataru Form have a 50/100% chance to grant Towering Rage for 6 seconds. Force Scream is an an automatic critical hit while Towering Rage is active.

Close Quarters

When knocked back, resets cool down of Force Charge. 12 second internal cool down.

Enraged Assault

Reduces the global cool down by 0.5/1 second every time you are attacked at 10 or more yards.

Enraged Charge

For 3 seconds after using Force Charge you are immune to knock backs and pull effects for three seconds.

Ataru Form

... In addition, your successful melee attacks have a 20% chance to trigger a second strike that does n damage and heals you for 1% of your maximum health. ...

Ataru Form

Critical strikes with your melee attacks grant immunity to interrupts and all immobilizing effects for 4 seconds.

Cloak of Annihilation

Cloak of Pain has a 25/50% chance to make Retaliation available for 4 seconds when it reciprocates damage to an attacker.

Cloak of Annihilation

Critical hits with bleed effects have a 25/50% chance to make Retaliation available for 4 seconds. This effect can not occur more than once every 6 seconds.

Overwhelm

Passive

0/2

Next Rank:

Unleash no longer requires you to be incapacitated or impaired. In addition, it has a 50/100% chance to grant Overwhelm, making you immune to all controlling effects for 6/12 seconds.

Enraged Assault

Reduces the cool down of Battering Assault by 1.5/3 seconds, and gives Assault and Battering Assault a 35/70% chance to build 2 fury.

Berserk

Ataru Form: Force Scream costs no rage and consumes 2 stacks of Berserk.

Ataru Form

... In addition, your successful melee attacks have a 25% chance to trigger Gore which increases armor penetration by 100%.

Massacre

Deals n damage spread across a flurry of four melee attacks, each of which automatically triggers an Ataru Form strike.

Lower Close Quarters to tier 1.

Lower Blurred Speed to tier 1.

Increase Ataru strike chance to 40%.

ABILITIES

Gore: Remove from global cool down. Change 6 second timer to 3 charges.

Deadly Throw: Increase healing debuff to 40%.

Deadly Throw: Increase range to 30 meters.

Vicious Throw: Increase range to 30 meters.

Rupture: Stacks up to 3 times.

Ravage: Generates 1 Rage per second.

Annihilate: Increase length of Annihilator buff to 18 seconds.

Add a Force Pull.

Add a Force Push.

Add an Immunity to stuns & knock backs.

Add a finishing move that costs 10 rage, had a 45 second cool down, and does 3,000 - 6,000 damage.

PASSIVE ABILITIES

Armor Proficiency: Shield Generator

Able to equip a personal shield generator in your off-hand.

Weapon Proficiency: Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Able to equip double-bladed lightsabers and saberstaves. Normal attacks gain the same additional damage as equipping an off-hand lightsaber.

Edited by mrHaterade

Making the offhand weapon worth having would make Ataru worth using aside from the off-bonus you get from Massacre + Towering Rage. A consistent 15% damage increase would be less than that lucky Ataru Strike, but more overall damage. Also, 15% wouldn't be so much as to make the form overpowered.

*IN MY OPINION* of course...

Also, more damage would reduce battle time which increases survivability and downtime.

Edited by mrHaterade

Carnage is not significantly deficient in the DPS department for PvE.

For PvP, the issue is not the actual amount of sustained DPS, but the fragility and RNG of the burst DPS execution sequence.

You're solving what is not the problem. To address PvE, you should focus on fixing the Ataru bug on large mobs, and the Fury generation rate for raiding.

To address PvP, you should focus on the terribad usability constraints of Gore ... and the Fury generation, again. With perhaps some stabilization of the crit rate.

Two easy ways to fix half a dozen problems with Carnage is to (a) make the ****** fury talent give a 50/100% chance to build 1 Fury every time you proc Ataru and (b) change Gore to be off the GCD and last for 3 charges instead of 6 seconds.

Carnage is not significantly deficient in the DPS department for PvE.

For PvP, the issue is not the actual amount of sustained DPS, but the fragility and RNG of the burst DPS execution sequence.

You're solving what is not the problem. To address PvE, you should focus on fixing the Ataru bug on large mobs, and the Fury generation rate for raiding.

To address PvP, you should focus on the terribad usability constraints of Gore ... and the Fury generation, again. With perhaps some stabilization of the crit rate.

Two easy ways to fix half a dozen problems with Carnage is to (a) make the ****** fury talent give a 50/100% chance to build 1 Fury every time you proc Ataru and (b) change Gore to be off the GCD and last for 3 charges instead of 6 seconds.

Not a bad idea for Gore but you'd have to define what uses a charge. For instance if my Massacre buff is up, and I hit Gore and Massacre again, that will do damage and Proc two Ataru strikes. That could in effect burn my entire charge. Or I use Gore and then Ravage. Ravage is three separate hits spread out. This would also wipe Gore. So we should be more specific as to the changes.

My suggestion: Add a buff to the Overwhelm taken that allows a 50/100% Chance that Ravage will channel over 1.5 seconds, instead of a flat 3 across the boards. This fox will allow us to keep our Ravage up to date with our Carnage tree. It already roots, but rooting someone with this attack is just begging it to be interrupted or suffer a knockback. We would also be able to make full effect of our Current Gore effect. And considering it's one of our most powerful attacks and is easily overshot, it would give this attack thexbest change to work as intended instead of focusing on only getting off the first two strikes.

I like the idea for Gore using stacks. Makes it sort of like our version of Sundering Strike. Another idea would be to do 4 stacks with 25% AP per. As for Deadly Throw, we do need something to make it worth using, but all the above is kind of a lot. Maybe boost the range and debuff, but lower the damage so it's more about being a debuff than an attack that debuffs.

Blood Frenzy

Critical strikes with melee attacks generate 1 fury.

Towering Rage

Hits from Ataru Form have a 50/100% chance to grant Towering Rage for 6 seconds. Force Scream is an an automatic critical hit while Towering Rage is active.

Edited by mrHaterade

What the our class needs is force pull. We had it in the beta and it would really help for pvp on hutball. If you disagree with me then atleast a move that can push or pull people back.

As a primary tank class I think the Juggernaut should have pull. Pushing enemies away from you as a tank doesn't make sense. If anything Marauders should have push as our form of control. Its the Operatives job to pick off and burst down stragglers. We don't have the option to hide and we're very noticeable. If they gave us a push it would make more sense. And be able to get revenge against Powertechs.

What the our class needs is force pull. We had it in the beta and it would really help for pvp on hutball. If you disagree with me then atleast a move that can push or pull people back.

No more knockbacks/pulls please.

Give us a counter.

Close Quarters(Anni Tree) - When knocked back, resets cooldown of Force Charge. 12 second internal cooldown.

Enraged Assault(Carn Tree) - Reduces the cooldown by .5/1 second every time you are attacked at 10 or more yards.

Enraged Charge - For 3 seconds after using Force Charge you are immune to knockback and pull effects for three seconds.

We're quite the beast when played right. But we need better control vs CC's.

damn... those first two suggestions seem a bit much... I would just like to not be knocked back while charging. Let me at least connect with my target before being to able to get knocked back.

i do feel that a bit off cc immunity after charging is a great idea. Maybe 2 seconds somewhere low in the rage tree instead of trying to force us into a warrior form that low in the tree.

That's honestly all i can ask for out of charge.

edit -- a force push is something i was very suprised not to have.... at least some kind of knockback... just seems like something we should have...

Edited by Vakyoom

I'd absolutely love a pull. It's so what you'd expect from a 'rauder. As a compromise I'd take a talent that made Force Choke not channel. It would be so evil beating on someone while they're ten feet in the air gasping for breath.

a force push is something i was very suprised not to have.... at least some kind of knockback... just seems like something we should have...

I think we were all surprised by that one. As mentioned, a stun/knock back immunity would also be a fair alternative.

Edited by mrHaterade

(a) make the ****** fury talent give a 50/100% chance to build 1 Fury every time you proc Ataru and (b) change Gore to be off the GCD and last for 3 charges instead of 6 seconds.

@ A. LOLWUT cause that wouldn't be op'ed at all huh? Spam massacre for 1 rage... and get it free with berserk... yaok.

@ B. yeah that might be a good idea...

No more knockbacks/pulls please.

Give us a counter.

Close Quarters(Anni Tree) - When knocked back, resets cooldown of Force Charge. 12 second internal cooldown.

If you don't blow your load right away and wait for the knock back you can get 2-3 charges in the CD of classes knock backs anyways. Given the fight lasts that long

Enraged Assault(Carn Tree) - Reduces the cooldown by .5/1 second every time you are attacked at 10 or more yards.

Doesn't carnage already ahve 15% run speed, an extra root, an extra snare/root break, and it's big hit is 10m...

Enraged Charge - For 3 seconds after using Force Charge you are immune to knockback and pull effects for three seconds.

Juggs have this like same thing, guildie says it blows... people will just start waiting 3 seconds to kick us off.

We're quite the beast when played right. But we need better control vs CC's.

le sigh nothing wrong with mara's the way they are...

Edited by Trineda
removed inflammatory comment

I second the vote for a force pull. In fact, I think it should be a base ability for warriors. Juggernauts could use it to be a better tank by pulling attackers off their squishies, and Marauders could use it to help with being kited.

force pull would make us OP, its close enough to impossible to escape from us now, give us a pull and nobody would ever be able to get away

Hence why I said give Juggernauts Pull and give us Push. You people need to read the ENTIRE thread. Commenting on one asinine remark without giving the rest any merit, thought or suggestion is just a silly way to rack up your post count.

Juggernauts need the Pull. They're tanks ffs. What tank wants anything they attack to go Away from them!? Push has better utility for us. We're 1v1 monsters yet have to rely on the enemy to set that up for us. Otherwise we have to run into the group and do what we can without having a away to separate our target from the group.

I also hate getting thrown off the bridge in VoidStar without a way to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Make Ataru form procs heal you for 1% of your hp. Should increase the survivability of the carnage tree and give it some self healing inline with annihilation.

That's a good one. Me like.

Maybe you should re-learn Marauder mechanics before commenting.

Xerain's combative posts have been flagged. Just waiting for the mods to do their job.

What tank wants anything they attack to go Away from them!?

To be fair I think you have it backwards. A tank is there to take damage, not really dish it out. They're protectors and walking targets. Push is perfect for them as it helps them get rid of that marauder who's trying to kill their sorcerer friend. Pull is more a marauder thing because we're dps. Our sole purpose in life is to stab people in the face. A marauder who pushed his target away just CC'd himself. That's just the way I see it though.

force pull will give us a -tanking- ability, so I say nay to that. don't think of this as proposing some niche ability for PvP, think of overall.. what do we need the most! :)

That's a hard question really, because we have all the tools we need. It's just that we lack the ability to use them a lot of the time. I really think that limited stun/kb immunity would probably go a long way to fix PvP issues. If you put that talent in Carnage then it also goes a long way to bring that tree up to par with the others. If we really don't need the damage then how about add the immunity to Ataru?

Ataru Form

Critical strikes with your melee attacks grant immunity to interrupts and all immobilizing effects for 4 seconds.

Yes, just like unstoppable. Combine that with the proposed changes to Towering Rage and Blood Frenzy and we're instantly on par with Annihilation.

Edited by mrHaterade

Hence why I said give Juggernauts Pull and give us Push. You people need to read the ENTIRE thread. Commenting on one asinine remark without giving the rest any merit, thought or suggestion is just a silly way to rack up your post count.

Juggernauts need the Pull. They're tanks ffs. What tank wants anything they attack to go Away from them!? Push has better utility for us. We're 1v1 monsters yet have to rely on the enemy to set that up for us. Otherwise we have to run into the group and do what we can without having a away to separate our target from the group.

I also hate getting thrown off the bridge in VoidStar without a way to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I really don't understand why you would want a push..

The single greatest threat against any melee class is a class that can kite well, especially with marauders since almost all our "ranged" skills are at a 10m range.

Pushing your target away is basically giving your target a free knockback. Following it up with a charge is also counter-productive since it could've been used for when your target would use THEIR knockback.