Food for thought: Image this scenario in PVP

Gamblre

Depends on skill levels. At high skill levels Marauders will win due to Intimidating Roar.

Of 8 players, you need 2 to focus and burn a Sorc very quickly. Of the 6 remaining, 2 can be used as a set of decoys to force the first target to blow cooldowns. Of the 4 remaining, all can charge random targets and AOE mez.

The mez time, even if broken quickly, is sufficient for the 2-4 Marauders to destroy the first target. This will cause a domino failure where the Sorc team runs out of juice.

Beyond that, chaining infinite Predation will nullify any attempt at Sorc kiting. This leaves the Sorc cross-healing. Without guard, and with Marauder focus fire, the cross-healing is negligible.

This is all if we're talking fighting capacity.

In terms of ball-scoring, you've got to be kidding me.

Permanent 80% Predation, force charge out the ***, and 8 people that can walk through fire, and AOE mezzes. And roots through resolve.

Team Marauder will get the ball first, and good teamwork will ensure consecutive scoring to 6-0.

Sorcs have no capacity for the kind of burst needed to burst a ball carrier (nevermind a Marauder ball carrier) before they can pass.

as just an aside I've wondered what a team of rage spec marauders synchronizing their smashes could do. Like 4-5 suped up smashes at the same time

It would cause a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of Sorcs suddenly cried out in anguish: NERF MARA'S NAO!!!

And were suddenly silenced.

Edited by MasterVile

Oh my god the knockbacks. It would feel like being in a damn tread mill xD. As interesting as that match sounds I bet it would be a pain to watch. Because you said Inquis, not just Sorcs. Tank heals and DPS on the other side. The Maras would be working their balls off for sure.

That is true, by just saying inquisitor it could be assassin or sorc. A group of 8 assassins would pose quite a bit more challenge than a group of 8 sorcs. Hit disrupt on a sorc and watch them freak out, use their knockback and try and run, which doesn't work against any marauder with half a brain that saves force charge for just that reason.

That is true, by just saying inquisitor it could be assassin or sorc. A group of 8 assassins would pose quite a bit more challenge than a group of 8 sorcs. Hit disrupt on a sorc and watch them freak out, use their knockback and try and run, which doesn't work against any marauder with half a brain that saves force charge for just that reason.

True. It's just a shame that Charge doesn't break roots. I always position myself prepared for the KB so I don't get hit too far away. But I just as often find myself rooted and weighing if I want to burn my Force Camo at that moment to break it. e.e decisions decisions

sorcerers win, knockback after knockback, force speed, force pull, shields and more knockbacks and mara's wouldnt have a say in it, the score would be made before the mara team knows whats going on.

Thats the scenario vs sorcerers that know what they are doing.

in a 'noob' scenario sorcerers would probly be pulverized.