qui-gon jinn

eviljezza

Hello everyone, now when the servers come back I plan on making a Jedi consular in the mold of qui-gon, now my question is this: Is the Jedi Sage the right class that was qui-gon in the movies, I see him using his lightsaber more than the force, which would be of a jedi knight class but he has a green lightsaber.

Or maybe a Jedi shadow using a single-saber or would that seriously gimp my character?

well..

Sage: Telekinetic attacks, Saber is only for show, at later levels you will only parry with it, as your 2 Melee-attacks are very very very weak at higher levels.

Shadow: Using a single blade gimps your character in combat forms (Stances), and i think some attacks = Useless.

The only Jedi Type in SWTOR with a single Blade, that actually gets used, is the Guardian(Knight)... wearing heavy armour.. but then, there is plenty of heavy armour that looks not heavy... the knight also has Force Push wich is quite iconic, and force leap.

So if you want a Qui-Gonn - style look, you better go with Knight (if you can stand the classes Mechanics).

Edited by Kheldras

Most Jedi's in the movies are going to be Knights. Jedi Shadow is going to be more Darth Maul/ Bastila from KOTOR. Jedi Sage is... well... a powerful force user. So I'd say it's Yoda without the Lightsaber Techniques. Obi Wan was also a adept force user, but again he was more of the Jedi Guardian with his purely defensive fighting posture.

Well... The game wont give to you a jedi consular exactly equals the movie. Yoda is a jedi consular, but he uses the force to enpower his saber skills. Cause of this he can be a deathmatch with his lightsaber. I think that jedi consulars (the ones that focus on the force) are much better than jedi knights (in the movies). Maybe in the begin of the training not, but when he reachs the top... he's almost unbeatable.

The problem is that to make a class so unbalanced like this in a MMO is a real problem. Almost all the players that wants to play as jedi would select this class instead of the knight, and it would not be good. I usually says that Jedi consulars acts like wizards in D&D. They're weak in the begin but very powerfull later, but in MMOs we need balanced classes.

Well, that's my opinion.

If you like Quigon-Jinn personality (your quest in the game): Jedi Consular

If you like his kind of battle (your fights in the game): Jedi Knight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.