The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Supercommando for PVP..Opinions?

darkrom

Is it pointless to take up BM Supercommando gear or would that just be a wasted effort? Rarely do I ever try to kill anyone as Shield tank. Mainly just objective focused. Been collecting Champion Eliminator gear so far but curious.. Edited by darkrom

I did this instead of eliminator and am hoping the power loss isnt hurting me too much ( I play CP spec, but am not married to it). I am annoyed at myself for using 12 bags worth of centurion stuff on it if it is that much of a nerf compared to eliminator. Thoughts?

Taugrim has it covered pretty well as to why defensive stats aren't exactly the beez neez in PvP I strongly suggest you to check it out. If you were going for a more defensive PvP tank build, perhaps look into the Combat Tech set bonuses.

The 2pc for Supercommando reduces the cooldown on Heat Blast and Jet Charge by 1.5s. One of which you will not pick up at all in a serious PvP build and 1.5s off a 15s gap closer? Not as epic as the Assassin's who gets -10s CD off their knock down. The 4pc is nice but keep in mind that Guard only has a 15m range, correct me if I'm wrong but I have doubts in whether the bonus applies or not when the guarded target is out of range.

The combat tech set is getting fixed next patch and offers you some solid bonuses. Carbonize will become a full 3s stun while you have a faster CC break ability, very useful for a tank who needs to be there for his team. The 4pc also isn't bad and has good synergy with the talent Flame Surge.

5% damage while guard is up is pretty powerful, because if you're playing right it should just be a static 5% damage increase 99.5% of the time.

re-enhance that set with the enhancements from the combat tech glove mods (power+surge). boom goes the dynamite.

5% damage while guard is up is pretty powerful, because if you're playing right it should just be a static 5% damage increase 99.5% of the time.

re-enhance that set with the enhancements from the combat tech glove mods (power+surge). boom goes the dynamite.

Just a question for you, when you re-enhance the set with the combat tech gloves, how much of the set did you do? Also i am not in BM gear as of yet, but do have a lot of champ SC gear, can i re-enhance that gear with centur gear, or should i leave my champ gear be? I like the idea of having a higher crit rating and the 5% bonus damage to players. Thanks for some good info Umpire.

Edited by Havvtor

Just a question for you, when you re-enhance the set with the combat tech gloves, how much of the set did you do? Also i am not in BM gear as of yet, but do have a lot of champ SC gear, can i re-enhance that gear with centur gear, or should i leave my champ gear be? I like the idea of having a higher crit rating and the 5% bonus damage to players. Thanks for some good info Umpire.

Basically I re-enhanced all of the pieces with the combat tech gloves. It takes a whiiiile, but you've got nothing better to spend your champion commendations on after you build your super commando set and before you hit valormaster.

I wouldn't suggest using the centurian enhancements because they're a lower level enahncement than are already in the supercommando set. You'll lose a lot of HP by going down to the lower level stuff.

Also, a neat tip, expertise is usually always > HP as a good rule. However, I find myself using full PVP gear with rakata shield/belt/bracers. Boosts up that HP to make warzone potions heal for close to 7K.

Taugrim has it covered pretty well as to why defensive stats aren't exactly the beez neez in PvP I strongly suggest you to check it out. If you were going for a more defensive PvP tank build, perhaps look into the Combat Tech set bonuses.

The 2pc for Supercommando reduces the cooldown on Heat Blast and Jet Charge by 1.5s. One of which you will not pick up at all in a serious PvP build and 1.5s off a 15s gap closer? Not as epic as the Assassin's who gets -10s CD off their knock down. The 4pc is nice but keep in mind that Guard only has a 15m range, correct me if I'm wrong but I have doubts in whether the bonus applies or not when the guarded target is out of range.

The combat tech set is getting fixed next patch and offers you some solid bonuses. Carbonize will become a full 3s stun while you have a faster CC break ability, very useful for a tank who needs to be there for his team. The 4pc also isn't bad and has good synergy with the talent Flame Surge.

Thank you. I've actually gone over his post several times while debating. I'm one of those guys who went full Centurion gear before I got my second piece of Champion gear. (Pre-patch) With that said, I felt motivated to ask the opinion of others before I mindlessly grind BM gear since, as I hear, it is just as random.