Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

My Lord and Savior

ulukinatme

The Mighty Giradda.

I once was a non-believer. I scorned Huttball and anything that alluded to it. I agnoized anytime I saw the Huttball map on my loading screen upon hitting "Enter." In the end, I was broken. Somewhere amidst the dozens and dozens of matches each day I found the beauty that is Huttball. There are no silly nodes to cap or doors to guard. There are no endless waves of speeders bringing swift reinforcements in scheduled patterns. No, just two goallines, a Huttball, and pits of destruction in between. The beautiful arc of the ball, the cries of the many thrown from the catwalks, the smell of burning Twi'lek in the fire pit...it's like a great symphony to be enjoyed.

If you have not already accepted the mighty Giradda as your personal lord and savior, you soon will. You soon will.

I gotta agree, I used to hate huttball, but have grown to like it.

Fact:

The mighty Giradda invented the forward pass in 1923, but to this day some Huttball teams still only prefer to employ a running attack.

Quoted for (sad) truth

I would enjoy Huttball so much more if people understood some basic tactics.... pass... don't stand in fire... don't hang out in the pit... control mid!

Harken unto mine words! Listen unto the commandments of holy Huttball! There shall be two sects, Frog-dogs and Rotworms, chosen by the divine hand of fortune. There shall be but one holy sphere, perilously evasive, like unto an oiled Hutt. Seize the sphere, send it shimmering through the heavens, and through all things might thou bringest the holy sphere into the deepest fortitude of thine enemy, for thou shalt receive one point. Draw your weapons, curse your enemy, and care not about goodly conduct. Though, above all things, thou shalt not use thine lower appendages to propel the holy sphere, for this is abominable in the eyes of the lord. Our lord doth lack such appendages, and he is a jealous god. Forthwith thou shalt make thine path a tribute to Girradda... - Prophet Deathmark

Preach the word, my brother!

I kicked the ball once. I told Mighty Giradda it was an accident. Not only did he take revenge on me, he took revenge on my entire team. He allowed 5 more to join the other side. We got farmed.

A true lesson for all of us! Do not seek the wrath of the obese one, for his vengeance is swift. We shall remember that weapons, name calling, and cheating are all encouraged....but avoid the temptations of the foot, for they lead to pain and anguish.

Looking for Pro Huttball team.

Other ideas:

We need stims that give extra throw distance, speed boost for non-speeders.. the list goes on.

We really should get a list of the best players, detailing yardage ball carried, distance thrown etc.

From the list we could get in-game, IRL or app-based trading cards, which can be used in a Top Trumps style game.

I've over thought this already, haven't I?

Will the Mighty Giradda bless people with the knowledge to pass the dam ball!

I hope so! :)

While Lord Giradda invented the forward pass in 1923, some players prefer to stick with a ground based attack. Fear not, for the non-believers will come to know the power of the forward pass in time, or will wallow in the fiery pits of...the Pit for thier lack of vision.

as an operative i hated it, then i re-rolled a juggy and now it's my fave!

Whether you stab people in their faces, or you force jump to the noobs that foolisly camp on the ledge of their own goal line, Lord Giradda welcomes all into the Pit.

Edited by ulukinatme

Didn't he also rest on the first six days?

It is not our place to question our Lord's actions. We are merely tools for his enjoyment...but yes, Lord Giradda rested all seven days. The sabbath is special, for that is the day that the Obese One brought us Huttball.

Edited by ulukinatme

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.