Void Star: How are ties determined. What have you Observed?

-Jodea-

Yesterday my team (Republic) won a Voidstar that was 0-0. Neither team breached the first set of doors. We attacked first. The closest anyone came was when the Imperial team planted a bomb but we disarmed it. Perhaps that is a factor.

I was surprised we got the win. It's probably the digital equivalent of a coin toss.

Take a screen shot next time it happens, that's proof enough for me.

Until I see it, I'm going to say defenders first win ties.

0-0 match (no one gets out of the first area)

Round 1: measure time it takes Team A to breach door 1. result: 6 minutes (entire time)

Round 2: measure time it takes Team B to breach door 1. result: 6 minutes (entire time)

Conditional Statement: Is (Team B Time < Team A time) ?

No: Team A wins

Yes: Team B wins

Bad computer coding could easily explain why the team that defends first wins in 0-0 ties.

^ This. 100% of the time.

When you say this please be cautious... Simply because it has worked out that way for you (at least to your recollection it has) does not imply it is always the case. By your logic and my data, Imperials win ties 95% on the time regardless of any circumstance.

I have personally disproved most of the theory's suggested for who wins the tie breaker... and no I don't care to share screen shots. When I figure it out it will be a guild secret. While I still have a couple quirky guesses to try, my best assumption is /roll. Whenever Bioware couldn't come up with the best way to do something, the implemented a /roll system, and I am often on the losing end.

When you speak with such certainty you sound like those tools that are complaining because they rolled 20 BM Bags without comms and are now 100% certain the system is broken.

We would like a little clarification on the "determining factor" used for a tie break in Void Star. We have been looking for a consistent pattern to understand how the tie break is achieved; however, after many observations we are at a loss.

What We Know (Based on team observations):

-Attacker first is not the determining factor.

-More Damage/Healing/Objective points does not determine the tie break.

-Who opens the door first is not the determining factor, in some cases no door is opened.

So Bioware, how is it determined? What do we need to keep in mind for those common close games? This information its relevant to most serious pvpers, and a simple explanation would be helpful.

Input form other player observations would be most helpful but please keep this thread relevant to the proven data free from speculation.

Just like everything else in this game...

rand(100) > 49

Take a screen shot next time it happens, that's proof enough for me.

Until I see it, I'm going to say defenders first win ties.

Here's a screen shot. there's no way to tell by looking at the screen shot if we were offense or defense first. I just finished this match and I promise we defended first and as you can see we lost.

Also there cannot be any deciding factor in the win, unless the team with the most protection gets the win... lol some how I doubt that. In this match we have the most damage, kills, healing objectives and medal, and the least deaths. Like I said the only thing we lost in is protection.

So figure that out. I must be random.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/512kheals.jpg/

Edited by JREF

Bioware's answer

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

Edited by Kjetl