cupofwater

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has nothing to do with "healers".

2 mercs are fine.

2 operatives are fine.

that composition is hard to kill but thats about it.

and you wanna know why ? cause they cant spam the *********** bubble all day long.

with sorc/sage its nearly impossible.

Force Armor/Static Barrier has an effective CD of 20 seconds on each target...

It is because of the double dipping on Force Bending, that allows the class to get multiple 1.5 sec DI's off that make them seem OP. Once that gets fixed, Sorc/Sage healing will be in line with the other healers.

O_O that wasnt intended?!?!

F**************!!!

A good amount of valid points but one argument I do not understand is why people keep coming back to the 1v2 argument or even 1v3.

Earlier someone asked if you have ever gotten hit by 3x marauders... I hope 3x of any class can nuke down 1 class

Sorcs can escape from 3 Marauders - thanks to the magic of AOE KNOCKBACK ROOT.

Exploding CC bubble also.

Edited by EternalFinality

Unless they're a hybrid, like any competent Sorc.

TK has just the same amount of CC minus instant Containment.

If the Marauders have any brain they will tear him apart in less than 5 seconds.

Edited by Vales

I hope thats sarcasm....

No... that's how I kill enemy sorcs. Other classes have more DPS and less CC.

But then i realized what would happen if i had a root on that knockback, if i had an insta mezz, a bubble, and a force sprint, and oh well...

If you had an insta mez on it, the second someone broke it early your target would be immune to CC and you'd be sad. In pugs I've seen people charge/project my force lifted targets even when I try to use it on a guy standing in the back being currently ignored.

Then the melee guy just instantly jumps back into melee range (Yes, i know this doesn't apply to ops/scoundrels).

What strengths do they have that cant be countered?

Force Speed < Grapple, Stun, Force Leap, root

Force Armor/ Static Barrier < Vanguard, Sentinal, Commando, gunslinger, shadow( and mirrors)

** if you cant break 3.2k then you need to rethink your class choice and viability to pvp**

CC < CC break

Other weaknesses depend on the spec they play.

your missing the point. Countering strengths is not equal to weakness

sniper - immobile Glass cannon, can be dodged, shielded and LOS. cant heal

Operative - melee glass bayonet

Warrior - melee range fighter, can be dodged and shielded, cant heal

Power tech - close range fighter, cant heal

Merc - low hard CC + no interupt

Sorceror - no real defining weakness

Edited by Kalliadies

Their weakness is damage. Oh and counter CC.

How the heck do you damage someone with a bubble that they have and have 4 times the CC I have?

First to do damage you need to be out of CC and then you can take on the bubble.

If you never get out of CC even if you use a trinket they have 4 other CC just waiting.

How the heck do you damage someone with a bubble that they have and have 4 times the CC I have?

First to do damage you need to be out of CC and then you can take on the bubble.

If you never get out of CC even if you use a trinket they have 4 other CC just waiting.

4 times the cc you have? every class has at least 2 ccs.. so your claiming sorcs have 8 ccs now? go l2p and stop posting crap. if your using trinket on the first stun you also need to l2p properly

In the Q&A I believe one of the devs stated that Sorc/sage healing was above the threshold they intended..

So I Expect healing to get a nerf during or before 1.2

And if you think they'd just stop at healing, you'd probably be wrong. I'd be concerned for any type of hybrid builds across the board, especially Sorc/Sage.

And if you think they'd just stop at healing, you'd probably be wrong. I'd be concerned for any type of hybrid builds across the board, especially Sorc/Sage.

well healers dont use hybrids.. theyre are massivly gimped if they do. hybrid builds are fine. if they nerf them wait to see the rolling damage buffs to both the madness and lightning trees to fill the dps gap it leaves. When the highest dps output pve build is a hybrid its shows the fail that is the 31 point trees/ But ppl are to clueless to understand this.

you nerf my dmg hybrid.. il spec a full 31 pointer with some nice damage buffs given because of the nerf. and they wait for even more "sorcs are op still qqqqqqqq" threads

Exploding CC bubble also.

Uh... neither of those skills are in the healing tree. You do realize this, right? No, of course not, that would get in your way of OMG! Sorcs are OP.

Light armor. Without external healing I can be CCed from full to dead by 2 competent people. Before I had champion gear that was 1 single well-geared DPS.

I suggest you learn how your resolve bar works.

and this is why sorcs will continue to not be nerfed in any meaningful way (some reduction in aoe heals and bug fixes won't help you.) BW can't play your character for you, if you can't figure out how to kill a sorc then well, that's on you. keep complaining about unkillable sorcs with spammable 10k shields and sorcs bursting you down (lawls) and you'll keep being ignored by people who know better (which apparently includes the devs) those 8 sorcs that focused you in that wz? well, 8 of anything should be able to focus kill you...

Edited by iceperson

Uh... neither of those skills are in the healing tree. You do realize this, right? No, of course not, that would get in your way of OMG! Sorcs are OP.

We aren't talking solely about full heal spec Sorcs. You do realize this, right?

Additionally, Healing Sorcs aren't the only overpowered ones.

Hybrid Sorc CAN NOT heal like a full blown healer specced Sorc.

I tried

Its not possible

Obviously you're sacrificing healing for better damage and UTILITY. Sorcs have the most utility, AS WELL AS being able to spec fully into the best healer.

They literally get everything even if not all at once.

Edited by EternalFinality

and this is why sorcs will continue to not be nerfed in any meaningful way. BW can't play your character for you, if you can't figure out how to kill a sorc then well, that's on you. keep complaining about unkillable sorcs with spammable 10k shields and sorcs bursting you down (lawls) and you'll keep being ignored by people who know better (which apparently includes the devs) those 8 sorcs that focused you in that wz? well, 8 of anything should be able to focus kill you...

I laugh everytime one of this little persons post.

The discussion isn't about "killing a sorc". It's about the tools it brings to the table compared to other classes. For example, the best healer on pvp is the sorc/sage, there's no discussion there, and it should be addressed.

Now, stop being a uneducated moron, bring some facts to the table instead of trying to sound like if your genoma tastes better or something.

Light armor. Without external healing I can be CCed from full to dead by 2 competent people. Before I had champion gear that was 1 single well-geared DPS.

light armor - perhaps 5% less mitigation than medium. most classes bypass a percentage of armor as it is.

you suggest a 2 v 1.

well healers dont use hybrids.. theyre are massivly gimped if they do. hybrid builds are fine. if they nerf them wait to see the rolling damage buffs to both the madness and lightning trees to fill the dps gap it leaves. When the highest dps output pve build is a hybrid its shows the fail that is the 31 point trees/ But ppl are to clueless to understand this.

you nerf my dmg hybrid.. il spec a full 31 pointer with some nice damage buffs given because of the nerf. and they wait for even more "sorcs are op still qqqqqqqq" threads

Operatives HAVE to use a hybrid healing build, or they are boned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.