Light Side V... Big Whoop...

Tadshackles

I was expecting more when I got to Light Side V.

On my Scoundrel when I hit dark V I looked like a demon. Got a cool title, it felt at least somewhat cool cause at least I looked the part.

On my Light V Sorcerer I get "the pure" and thats it...?

I was hoping for a halo or a light glow around me, eyes to glow yellow or for my lightning to turn blue or SOMETHING.

I guess I just dont get why anyone would bother with the light/dark grind since the rewards are basically a weak trinket and a pair of boots.

I was expecting more when I got to Light Side V.

On my Scoundrel when I hit dark V I looked like a demon. Got a cool title, it felt at least somewhat cool cause at least I looked the part.

On my Light V Sorcerer I get "the pure" and thats it...?

I was hoping for a halo or a light glow around me, eyes to glow yellow or for my lightning to turn blue or SOMETHING.

I guess I just dont get why anyone would bother with the light/dark grind since the rewards are basically a weak trinket and a pair of boots.

I seem to remember Yoda with his glowing eyes angel wings and halo and all that... wait no I don't. There is however precedence for sith corruption. That being said I agree with you I don't think the rewards are worth having light or dark rule your decision making, the way it is set up is kind of weak.

The light/dark side vendors need a full set of orange gear for all 3 armor types. When they fix artifact armorings, complete orange sets will be quite valuable.

Every now and then, perhaps with each expansion, add new sets.

Lastly, unique hair styles for light/dark side. Try to make them 'good' and 'evil'.

The light/dark side vendors need a full set of orange gear for all 3 armor types. When they fix artifact armorings, complete orange sets will be quite valuable.

Every now and then, perhaps with each expansion, add new sets.

Lastly, unique hair styles for light/dark side. Try to make them 'good' and 'evil'.

Or a clicky item that makes you yell for a full half hour, then turns you blonde.

Edited by Morpholinium

I agree, from a game stand point there's no benefit of going LS V.

I go to the vendor and I would love to have a white knight gear look, but there's one pair of orange boots...than a pair of lvl 30 gloves....garbage choices.

I expected a full set of orange gear for my hard work to get Light 5. Or at least some character custimization.

A change in eye color would be cool or even a glow of some sort.

Only a half hour? You must be want the abridged series.

In my day we had to sit through 2 months of consecutive yelling and then the episode before the yellow hair we got to sit through 6 months of more yelling due to a series restart!

haha! Good days of DBZ.

I go to the vendor and I would love to have a white knight gear look, but there's one pair of orange boots...than a pair of lvl 30 gloves....garbage choices.

I expected a full set of orange gear for my hard work to get Light 5. Or at least some character custimization.

I believe they are adding more gear in 1.2 for L/D and neutral.

I think LS/DS is simply for RP purposes because of the class system and the types of classes. In the KOTOR series LS/DS affected your game play by affecting your abilities. If you went LS, any DS abilities you had did less if you used them while LS abilities were increased and if you went DS the opposite happened. I think, in this game, it could be done on some level, like what animation (without affecting damage/healing output) is used for the ability based on LS/DS level (which, IMHO, would be cool) but it might be too complicated.

This doesn't apply to the non-force using classes as being LS or DS would have no affect on their abilities.

Edited by terminova