Bioware = Poor Server Management

VinUnleaded

Anytime you have so many players waiting to get into an already full server, means you have no clue on how to manage them.

Subscribers will only part with their money for a very short time, when they get a que instead of a game in return for their money.

If you can do better release your own game.

Till then

deal with it

No que's in any other MMO I have ever played.

I did not donate my money to Bioware, I purchased a product to use and play.

Waiting in a que is not playing.

You have not played any popular MMOs then.

When playing a high-quality, popular MMO you may experience queue times.

Fortunately, there's time to cancel your pre-order.

I doubt your thread will convince Bioware to spend millions of dollars to research new computer technologies, so you may be safer canceling your pre-order.

No que's in any other MMO I have ever played.

I did not donate my money to Bioware, I purchased a product to use and play.

Waiting in a que is not playing.

Didn't play WoW? WoW had queues for every expansion. I remember being in queue for over an hour waiting to log in to WoW. This is NORMAL ffs people. Get over it already. If you have been involved in early access for any other MMO you should know that it's dicey and not guaranteed play time.

I'm shocked at how disrespectful they've been to the RP-PvP East community. They lock every thread where we attempt to explain our situation. They've left us with ONE server, at FULL, with a massive queue since 3pm. We're the only population that only has the option of a queue. Everyone else has at least one server of their type in their time zone without a queue.

I'm shocked at how disrespectful they've been to the RP-PvP East community. They lock every thread where we attempt to explain our situation. They've left us with ONE server, at FULL, with a massive queue since 3pm. We're the only population that only has the option of a queue. Everyone else has at least one server of their type in their time zone without a queue.

Thou dost brought it on thyself!

Anytime you have so many players waiting to get into an already full server, means you have no clue on how to manage them.

Subscribers will only part with their money for a very short time, when they get a que instead of a game in return for their money.

but but but with the staggering access this was not supposed to happen.

Nonsense - at their max, there will be queues. When it calms down a bit, the population will be just right. Take WoW - many servers that were "just right" in population, but when an expansion or large patch hit, you had queues. If you make it so that there are NO queues, when it calms down, the server will be underpopulated.

I doubt highly you understand at all in reality OP, server loads, population balance, or anything else. I'm sure they have a lot of metrics managing their decisions. Not "omg.. queues, no more players!"

Fanboys like you make it possible for em to keep on doing this, cauz you glorify the waiting time.

Its not glorifying it, it's a realistic observation about whats going on.

Everybody who's saying "I've never had queues in another game" either hasn't played another game at launch, is lying, or played on a low pop server. There are low pop servers here too. You're not on one.

The problem is that right now is a very important time for Bioware, they have to build server populations for the LONG TERM. Right now, everybody who's been invited to early game access is trying to play at the same time. Next month, that will not be the case. People will be back to their regularly scheduled lives, which means that the population will be spread out over a varied playing schedule.

If they said "OK We're going to open a billion servers so nobody has to wait!" right now, well guess what - that means next month, your server will be a ghost town! You'll be on the forums complaining at Bioware for opening too many servers at launch, because now you can't find a good group and have to wait forever for warzone queues!

"Well, merge servers or enable server transfers!" you say? Well, that's a splendid idea! Look how well that worked out for Warhammer online. Many people are talking about how WAR had a smooth launch, lots of servers and no queues. Well, they're partly wrong - several servers DID have queues in WAR. I was on one of them. But they're partly right - many servers did not. This is because Mythic went for SHORT TERM solutions and had a TON of servers at launch - more than they needed. Within a month or two, servers had become ghostlands, and they were forced to begin merging servers. The players hated this, because it destroyed their communities! Community is the core of an MMO, otherwise we'd be playing KOTOR3, not SWTOR.

Suck it up, deal with the queues for a few weeks, and you'll have a more enjoyable game in the long term.