Bladestorm should stun

Asphen

It would never work, the shortest cd on a stun in this game (that works on strongs/elites/pvp) is 45 seconds, most are 60 sec. Combat can use BS every...9 seconds? Or something like that. That would just be utterly ridiculous. Plus it's part of your damage rotation, you don't want to be stunning people all the time, you want to use your stun to tactical advantage. After your opening salvo your target would be at full resolve and then when you actually NEEDED to stun them...oops.

This idea is ludicrous.

not to mention sents don't have a stun because we are cappable of stupid burst. A 4 second stun is pretty much enough time to kill even a tank if you pop precision slash and zen as a combat sent... as watchmen to get someone low stun and walk away as the dots just eat them alive...

Sentinels do not have a stun because we do not need one. If ANYTHING needs to be added back to sents is give us force pull back like we had in beta, but even that that was removed because we more impossible to kite then we already are, and it was another interrupt.

As it stands we can shut down pretty much any caster for a very very long time which in many times can be worse then stunning them. IMO there is already far too much CC in this game. PvP would be far better with 1/4 of the CC it currently has.

It would never work, the shortest cd on a stun in this game (that works on strongs/elites/pvp) is 45 seconds, most are 60 sec. Combat can use BS every...9 seconds? Or something like that. That would just be utterly ridiculous. Plus it's part of your damage rotation, you don't want to be stunning people all the time, you want to use your stun to tactical advantage. After your opening salvo your target would be at full resolve and then when you actually NEEDED to stun them...oops.

This idea is ludicrous.

I agree this is a stupid idea, but just for the record, dirty kick Is 30 secs talented.

As it stands we can shut down pretty much any caster for a very very long time which in many times can be worse then stunning them. IMO there is already far too much CC in this game. PvP would be far better with 1/4 of the CC it currently has.

Not often i agree with something Hizoka says, but i do completely agree with this.

I would actually fix it via the resolve mechanic personally, have all CC abilities give a LOT more resolve than they currently do. Things like Awe/Flash grenade should bump it to full instantly imo.

not to mention sents don't have a stun because we are cappable of stupid burst. A 4 second stun is pretty much enough time to kill even a tank if you pop precision slash and zen as a combat sent... as watchmen to get someone low stun and walk away as the dots just eat them alive...

Sentinels do not have a stun because we do not need one. If ANYTHING needs to be added back to sents is give us force pull back like we had in beta, but even that that was removed because we more impossible to kite then we already are, and it was another interrupt.

Zen doesn't do anything for a Combat Sentinel other than lower Blade Storm and Slash's cost by 1 and the refresh time by 0.5. That isn't how a Combat Sentinel works.

A Combat Sentinel works as follows:

Blade Rush -> Precision Slash -> Blade Storm -> Master Strike

That combo can hit, at level 50 in good gear, for around 7,000 - 7,500 damage. That is hardly "super burst" as you claim. Also they can only do this once every 9 seconds.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

This idea is ludicrous.

Why wouldn't I want to stun people all the time. They don't hit back when stunned. With that said a stun on a 9 second timer would be OP. Stuns in PVP aren't working right anyway. I've been stunned for over a minute in PVP. Usually it doesn't last that long because I die too quickly. But I thought there was suppose to be something that prevents perpetual CC, if there is it ain't working as advertised.