The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does the amount of mercs bother you?

paladinjb

Nope. I enjoy being able to pick my nose without the risk of blowing it off. I also enjoy beating Mercs and Commandos in Warzones.

Being one of the least played class is fun as well. There are only two high level Powertechs in my guild, we're both playing as tanks for the Ops.

Why would it bother me? You do realize being in an underplayed class makes you that much in demand for groups and guilds, right?

The reason mercs are more common has nothing to do with which class is stronger, it has to do with people liking the idea of dual-wielding pistols while being able to heal, which sounds so much cooler than holding a shield and absorbing damage.

I've actually had some angry person from a pvp match PM me with something like "F-ing BH, only know how to use TRACER TRACER TRACER.LEARN2PLAY" after I killed him easily.

In which I replied "...I'm not a merc?"

:)

LOL The best part is, Mercenaries using Tracer missile 90% of the time is how the spec is designed.

The more mercs the better, they make good healers and the damage dealing variety offer a great distraction.

"Hey look that bounty hunter only has one gun must be a shield tech ignore him, kill the one over their with 2 guns instead".

Edited by Dharagada

"Hey look that bounty hunter only has one gun must be a shield tech ignore him, kill the one over their with 2 guns instead".

Shortly followed by "OMG why is he hitting me in the face with his pistol? Not the face! Please make it stop!" - shortly after that they usually respawn :)

It used to not when I was one of the few merc's throwing tracer missle around in pvp on Dec. 25th, but lately I have noticed a whole lot of mercs leveling up to spam tracer missle because they kept getting owned by it on their main. I switched a few weeks ago to the healing spec and I am loving it. I the only downside to being a merc on my end is there are a lot of new 50's giving healing merc a bad name... I am starting to see in chat LF1M not a bh. Good thing is I am pretty much already geared out and in a okay guild. They dont raid as much as I would like so when I am looking at getting in a ops they dismiss me off-hand... Powertechs are amazing tanks pve tho, some of the easiest hm ops were lead by 1 or 2 powertech tanks... Now I know how Sith Inquisitors on my server feel now... Have seen no inqus for about a month and a half now...

Shortly followed by "OMG why is he hitting me in the face with his pistol? Not the face! Please make it stop!" - shortly after that they usually respawn :)

"What's with that high pitched electrical whine?" VWWWNGH! "What was that!? Was that a slugthrower? Did he just fire a slugthrower at me? Who in the world uses solid ammo weapons anymore? That's pathetic. Wait... Why is there a breeze going through the middle of my head?" *thud*

Wrist mounted railgun FTW.

I just swapped out to Pyro spec and I find it hilarious when some wannabe ****** Jedi jumps over to try and solo me thinking that I'm a merc. It quickly dawns on him that I'm not a merc when he doesn't do the damage he wanted and finds out all my abilities are instants.

They end up at respawn wondering how I could do that much damage without casting.

(I've had folks ask me whether I was a merc or not)

Every way in Huttball, sure. Voidstar and Civil War are pretty even.

I don't know any end game PT DPS so I can't comment about raids. But if PT are better than Mercs for raid bosses, that would be impressive.

Your sig is ******. Teach me O' wise one, the ways of multishading your text :cool: