Lost faith in Humanity...

Bronz

Firstly this isnt a whinge thread about whingers....

Just really disheartened to read so much negativity on the boards for this game...

The latest outrage being a 20-45 server queue which is turning some people into little monsters, I think people need to take a step back and calm down and approach the issue with a little bit of logic.

It is release week every single person who preordered (2mil+) wants to play asap I dont think it is unreasonable to have to wait a short time. A simple analogy I can put to this is something like going to your favorite theme park and you want to get on your favorite rollercoaster but guess what everyone else wants to go on said ride so an orderly queue is formed until its your turn.... we dont start rioting and threatening legal action against park owners for the queue or lambast the company for "destroying itself"...

Just looking back at some of the mmo's ive previously experienced launch with

WoW: 1 Hour+ queues even over a year after launch, hell on major patch days up to WOTLK there were 1-2 hour queues for the week. Lanch issues ranging from loot lag to server instability to not all features being available upon release

Link to random forum thread from '08 http://vnboards.ign.com/world_of_warcraft_general_board/b19789/107608654/p1

Aion: MMMMMAAASSSSIIVVEE queues , and it was actually more expensive to play than swtor link to a random related article : http://biobreak.wordpress.com/2009/09/21/aion-the-tower-of-queues/

Rift: Now rift wasnt so bad aside from the massive queues 12+ and getting pwned by npcs in the starter area, but again it had no where near the numbers or launch scale swtor has to deal with right now.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy here its just disheartening that the community seems like it is already dead in the water and peoples expectations are so so high that its gonna stop them enjoying what has been for me so far a fantastic game. Also regardless of what you may think we WANT new players to join the game and the community it helps with development and recognition scaring aware potential new members isnt going to help anyone.

Lets adopt a broad shouldered atittude and at least give BW a few weeks after launch to get themselves up and running.

Edited by Bronz

Also the thought occured to me earlier...

If BW didnt put out 8 waves today there would prolly be no queues at all (or very little) to get in game so no whinge.....but oh wait then we would have had an equal amount of threads complaining about waiting for EGA...

seriously guys take a step back and tell me how the company can win?

Just really disheartened to read so much negativity on the boards for this game...

The latest outrage being a 20-45 server queue which is turning some people into little monsters, I think people need to take a step back and calm down and approach the issue with a little bit of logic.

It is release week every single person who preordered (2mil+) wants to play asap I dont think it is unreasonable to have to wait a short time. A simple analogy I can put to this is something like going to your favorite theme park and you want to get on your favorite rollercoaster but guess what everyone else wants to go on said ride so an orderly queue is formed until its your turn.... we dont start rioting and threatening legal action against park owners for the queue or lambast the company for "destroying itself"...

WoW: 1 Hour+ queues even over a year after launch, hell on major patch days up to WOTLK there were 1-2 hour queues for the week. Lanch issues ranging from loot lag to server instability to not all features being available upon release

Link to random forum thread from '08 http://vnboards.ign.com/world_of_warcraft_general_board/b19789/107608654/p1

Aion: MMMMMAAASSSSIIVVEE queues , and it was actually more expensive to play than swtor link to a random related article : http://biobreak.wordpress.com/2009/09/21/aion-the-tower-of-queues/

Rift: Now rift wasnt so bad aside from the massive queues 12+ and getting pwned by npcs in the starter area, but again it had no where near the numbers or launch scale swtor has to deal with right now.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy here its just disheartening that the community seems like it is already dead in the water and peoples expectations are so so high that its gonna stop them enjoying what has been for me so far a fantastic game. Also regardless of what you may think we WANT new players to join the game and the community it helps with development and recognition scaring aware potential new members isnt going to help anyone.

Lets adopt a broad shouldered atittude and at least give BW a few weeks after launch to get themselves up and running.

/applaud

Very good post. 30min Qs are not bad. Anything over 1hr, and either they need to inc the server's capacity, add more servers, or forbid any new character creations on that overloaded server.

I suspect, the servers really are NOT full though. My server has a 30m Q time and on most worlds there are only 1-2 instances. On beta stress test weekends, with a 1hr Q, most zones had 10 instances.

So I think they are slowly raising the cap each , or every few days

I'm glad there are a few people around here that use logic instead of spamming with caps lock turned on hoping that Bioware will notice that their servers have 45 minute ques. I'm pretty sure they figured that one out. Also, people are complaining that they paid for the product, and therefore it should be readily available... The product is paid for yes, but is not actually released until the 20th. This is simply a gift that the developers decided to grant their loyal followers. Unfortunately, if you give a mouse a cookie, it will mutate into a crazed demonspawn and rip out your entrails.

It took you this long to lose faith in humanity?

Oh it went 2 days ago when some dude from NZ was apparently gonna instigate a nationwide lawsuit and bankrupt EA/BW for not letting him in EGA day one backed up with legal jargon and links to dodgy NZ trade regulations....

Icing on the cake

A lot better to put up with couple weeks of ques while they ramp up servers, then months of dead servers til they merge some.

yup thats the upside of the queues there will be hustle and bustle and always fokls about

I didn't pay 85 dollars to wait in rediculous queues, the game queues, the stupid FORM queues [really, 2011 and the forum queues?. Early access is not withstanding though. But I for one will not pay an ADDITIONAL 15 or 20 bucks a month to wait in-line.

I didn't pay 85 dollars to wait in rediculous queues, the game queues, the stupid FORM queues [really, 2011 and the forum queues?. Early access is not withstanding though. But I for one will not pay an ADDITIONAL 15 or 20 bucks a month to wait in-line.

Well I wouldnt even bother paying for a subscription then mate I would quit now , there are going to be queues throughout the launch period....

as I said do you get mad at a theme park waiting to get on the rides?? you pay good money to get in the park?? I dont understanf how 45 mins is ridiculous??

5 hours is ridiculous 45 mins is like "ok ill go watch a show , or tidy the house , or grab some food" its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

• LOL
    Don't lose faith brother, have a pineapple.

H̶̪͕͔̗̲͖͕̝͓̮̺̋͆ͮͨͫ̋̇ͧ̓ͩ̀͜ͅ

H̶̪͕͔̗̲͖͕̝͓̮̺̋͆ͮͨͫ̋̇ͧ̓ͩ̀͜ͅe̡͊̏̃ͮ̂̐̉́҉͏̬̻̼̞ ̡͙͇̼̩͙͓̱̪̣̑͋ͯ̅̉̏̐̓͂ͤ͂͋̚͠c̨̹̦̮̞̦̥̥̺͈̪̜̺͚͋̔̉̌ͭ͂̊́͟͠ơ̷͚̘͎̫͈̤̝̝͔̠͚̻̖̲͛͌̇̇ͤ̃͌̅͛̐̆ͪ͆͐ͮ̄̂ͭ̚͟͟ͅm̿ͥ̽ͩ̂ͯ͆̑̓́ͥ̑̓ͯ̊̓͋͒́҉̴̠̜̘̻̤̝͓̬̙̺̘̹͍͖̙͙͍e̛̙̼̣̣̝͕̥̳̜̝̺͔̰͈̤͎̖ͭ̎ͫ̒͑ͧͨ͒ş̮͇̩̻͙̲̖̺̱̜͇̱̝̩̼͌͛͑͋̿͆ͧͯ̈̀ͮ̂̅̀͘͠͝ͅ!̠̻̻͍̂͋̄ͨ͊̀ͨ̌͑ͪͧ̄ͦ̅́̃ͯ͠ͅơ̷͚̘͎̫͈̤̝̝͔̠͚̻̖̲͛͌̇̇ͤ̃͌̅͛̐̆ͪ͆͐ͮ̄̂ͭ̚͟͟ͅm̿ͥ̽ͩ̂ͯ͆̑̓́ͥ̑̓ͯ̊̓͋͒́҉̴̠̜̘̻̤̝͓̬̙̺̘̹͍͖̙͙͍e̛̙̼̣̣̝͕̥̳̜̝̺͔̰͈̤͎̖ͭ̎ͫ̒͑ͧͨ͒ş̮͇̩̻͙̲̖̺̱̜͇̱̝̩̼͌͛͑͋̿͆ͧͯ̈̀ͮ̂̅̀͘͠͝ͅ!̠̻̻͍̂͋̄ͨ͊̀ͨ̌͑ͪͧ̄ͦ̅́̃ͯ͠ͅ

ş̮͇̩̻͙̲̖̺̱̜͇̱̝

Humanity,

• ;
Edited by jizazi

Self-entitlement issues personified, let me guess you were raised or are currently being raised by a dumb single mother that overcompensates for not having a man in her life by constantly spoiling you?

Also the thought occured to me earlier...

If BW didnt put out 8 waves today there would prolly be no queues at all (or very little) to get in game so no whinge.....but oh wait then we would have had an equal amount of threads complaining about waiting for EGA...

seriously guys take a step back and tell me how the company can win?

The general thought is that it's better to wait for minutes or hours than days. And it's better to have a known window of time rather than be unknown.

And there are a lot less complainers about the 20-45 min queues than there were people complaining about the day long "queues" caused by EGA.

All view points are valid, my take on things is this.. this game is causng a HUGE commotion I havent seen this much angst and eagerness in MANY a release.

bodes well for the game

I think all these "WoW clone", "bad graphics", "stale same old same old" dont bode well for this game though.

Well I wouldnt even bother paying for a subscription then mate I would quit now , there are going to be queues throughout the launch period....

as I said do you get mad at a theme park waiting to get on the rides?? you pay good money to get in the park?? I dont understanf how 45 mins is ridiculous??

5 hours is ridiculous 45 mins is like "ok ill go watch a show , or tidy the house , or grab some food" its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

WOW oh wow this. Schitterbaun here in TX in summer time? man u'll wait in line an hour and a half to slide down one 5 minute pleasure cruise...

and ppl do it day after day after day..

I think all these "WoW clone", "bad graphics", "stale same old same old" dont bode well for this game though.

Anything that is now released in the mmo genre will always be compared to the market leader same as in any industry.. what people fail to glaze over (and im not bashing) is that many many many of WoW's features right now were not around at launch and were frankly copy pasted from other games.

Graphics for me look great coming for a 7 year wow "vet" i think they are bright vibrant and detailed. Im level 12 at the mo so cant really comment on the freshness or content to come

Well, honestly, most of the super-whiny complaints are either from nerdraging teens, or really immature adults. If you took say.. a group of adults that worked in the 60k + range of salary who didn't live on the computer, and put them on this game and made them wait, you'd probably see next to no complaint posts. It's the age, the maturity, the type of people (i.e. gamers).. mix all that, you get a brew of nasty, angsty, rude, impatient "nownow!" players who demand instant gratification, or they threaten class-action suits. Sad.. and kind of funny at the same time.

Such common sense!

I pay for bigmac must wait 8 minutes

I drive up to car wash.. must wait for car ahead.

I buy new car in my colour must wait 2 weeks

I buy gun must wait 24 hours for state to approve.

I sit at table and wait for waitress.. and sit

I look forward to computer game.. must wait 4 years

I log into game must wait 32 minutes.

I tell all people I know..

Get out while you can..

WOW oh wow this. Schitterbaun here in TX in summer time? man u'll wait in line an hour and a half to slide down one 5 minute pleasure cruise...

and ppl do it day after day after day..

LOL I have to go to the US just to go to this place, hell I need to live there , is it really pronounced how it is spelt?? never get tired of telling someone that.