The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

My server is comprised of a lot of Oceanic folks that we're slowly losing. So, our numbers are dropping. I'd love to see a cross-server LFG tool. I'd rather not sit on the Imperial Fleet for 2 hours shouting for a FP group only to be unsuccessful. If you don't want to use it, then don't use it. I don't play an MMO to sit there and camp /general chat, I do it to play a game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elitist need to get theirs heads out there arses and realize that new players are needed to keep the MMO alive and as such they will not know all the etiquette or the mechanics of every instance so a little patience is needed.

Thats like saying punk rockers need to realize that Green Day fans are needed to keep the punk rock genre alive.

Give me a break.

If its not entertaining me, why should I care if its "alive."

Edited by Vlaxitov

Thats like saying punk rockers need to realize that Green Day fans are needed to keep the punk rock genre alive.

Give me a break.

If its not entertaining me, why should I care if its "alive."

Why can you post if you don't care if it's alive?

The reason it may be hard to find a group is because,

A. You were behind the leveling curve.

B. You were behind the leveling curve.

C. All of the above.

The problem is the game, not some lack of a grouping tool. Character progression is a give away at the end of this game so it takes about a dozen or so HM runs to get everything you want outside of raiding. Untill they fix that and get level 50's actually wanting to play the game again, adding LFG tools is kind of like building a fish farm in an oil well.

your making my point for me. i am finished my flashpoint runs. so who will help the newer level 50's. it sounds like your saying its just tough love to those players.

you wont get me to do those dungeons with anyone outside of my guild. but they have no one else to turn to. the server is small. and all you say is tough love. you dont have a better solution but you want to turn this one away.

your making my point for me. i am finished my flashpoint runs. so who will help the newer level 50's. it sounds like your saying its just tough love to those players.

you wont get me to do those dungeons with anyone outside of my guild. but they have no one else to turn to. the server is small. and all you say is tough love. you dont have a better solution but you want to turn this one away.

No, what I'm saying is that BW dropped the ball on character progression in this game and were all paying the price now.

If its there and you don't use it why would it bother you. You appear to have the benefit of having a active guild but not all players do and not all servers are the same. The X server LFG makes it possible, even it is if sometimes a less then positive experience, for all the people to play the game. This not only applies to servers lacking active guilds but also for people that play at off-peak times or work shifts so there play times vary.

Elitist need to get theirs heads out there arses and realize that new players are needed to keep the MMO alive and as such they will not know all the etiquette or the mechanics of every instance so a little patience is needed.

You might as well give up on trying to ask why something that is completely optional bugs people. I've asked twice in this thread and didn't get a single answer, they just keep complaining about how cross-server lfg will ruin their "community". It's kinda like watching kids walk by a house minding their own business and an old guy comes out and starts yelling at the kids to get off his lawn. I have no intention of stopping others from forming guild groups or spamming chat for groups, why do you want to stop me from forming groups with other people who enjoy grouping up with random people, killing things, thank everyone for a lovely time, and then all go their separate ways?

No, what I'm saying is that BW dropped the ball on character progression in this game and were all paying the price now.

this thread is about a cross realm dungeon finder. a bandaid solution to bigger problem perhaps. but maybe it will buy time for larger changes. are you against it or not, its not really clear.

If your server is so shallow that a LFG tool is going to kill your "community" then you should probably find a new server. It's been a known fact that players kill the community.. not a tool.

Or "It's been a known fact that players who are tools kill the community.. not a tool." LFG does not damage the community; it enhances the community by making it easier to hook up in a group to build community relationships by playing the content.

this thread is about a cross realm dungeon finder. a bandaid solution to bigger problem perhaps. but maybe it will buy time for larger changes. are you against it or not, its not really clear.

Then you would be trying to dress a wound to the jugular with a 10 cent bandaid in this game and it will buy about that much time.

I'm saying the reason LFG or even X-Realm LFG won't matter in this game is the same reason content like hard mode dungeons is being difficult to find groups for to begin with. The character progression you get out of hard modes is a shallow give away.

If you have successfully made it through all the content of this game (which isn't really that hard) then you already know why there isn't enough people that want to run HM FPs. BW didn't put enough long term interest in even the 8 or 16 man content let alone the 4 man content. Thats the problem, and of course it negatively impacts the content's accessibility. I feel bad for new people joining this game because they are screwed. They will never enjoy it the way people who started at release did with or without the groupping tools.

You might as well give up on trying to ask why something that is completely optional bugs people. I've asked twice in this thread and didn't get a single answer, they just keep complaining about how cross-server lfg will ruin their "community". It's kinda like watching kids walk by a house minding their own business and an old guy comes out and starts yelling at the kids to get off his lawn. I have no intention of stopping others from forming guild groups or spamming chat for groups, why do you want to stop me from forming groups with other people who enjoy grouping up with random people, killing things, thank everyone for a lovely time, and then all go their separate ways?

X-Server LFG is a bad solution to an existing problem, it may solve some issues with people who can't find groups but it introduces a lot more problems. It is like saying:"Oh there are not enough jobs in country A, let's make a X-Country LFJ, it only produces other problems.

A serious player never has any issues with finding groups and that i am certain of. While levelling you make friends and those friends will serve in the future to form groups. Ofc if you play terrible, ninja things or simply annoy people with your attitude, they will not want to group with you in the future.

I also read a lot about people who want solo to 50, in that case, they will not make any friends and have difficulties finding groups.

In real life you also not make make your way solo, ignore everyone and then use a looking for friends tool.

MMOs are a progress, you have levelling to built up a reputation, to make friends, to form guilds, etc...With looking for groups, you could also just give everyone a lvl 50 char and let them use their tools to find groups, what will that be? Right! A lobby game...like COD, Battlefield...Choose your Class, choose your gamemode, PvP or PvE and wait for other people to join...

One major problem with X-Server tools is, that they will indeed take care of the problems some people are having with finding groups but the result will be another one. People will get grouped with people who wouldnt find a group otherwise for serious reasons; bad play; ninjaing; bad language; etc... Then those people will cry on the forums like they did to get a LFG-tool, that the content is too difficult, because they get grouped with bad players and that everyone has a right to do everything etc...The result will be, that the content will get nerfed, everyone will faceroll the content and then we are facing a WoW after TBC status...You want that? I don't want it.

8 empire players queue up for every 1 republic player and 7 of those 8 empire players end up playing huttball. It clearly doesen't work for WZ PvP.
depends on the server; on my server, we wind up playing huttball as republic, because the imps aren't interested in pvp when they don't have a 4:1 advantage. So they stick mostly to illum, and we stick mostly to wz

depends on the server; on my server, we wind up playing huttball as republic, because the imps aren't interested in pvp when they don't have a 4:1 advantage. So they stick mostly to illum, and we stick mostly to wz

Yet another example of how it doesen't work.

I was MT up through nax 40 in vanilla. Do you think I had problems with "heroics?"
Yes.

The content was MADE EASIER, it didn't just get easier on its own or because people became "massively overgeared" with the gear they got out of the same dungeons.
No, really, it became massively easy because people were massively overgeared for the content. The wrath heroics were a cakewalk.

Yes.

No, really, it became massively easy because people were massively overgeared for the content. The wrath heroics were a cakewalk.

Well no, I didn't have trouble steamrolling heroics.

If people got massively overgeared in WoTLK it was because WoW was in full welfare mode by then and they STILL nerfed the content ontop of that.

And here you are wrong again and just saying things to disagree. Some heroic quests are instanced but others aren't.
No, all of them are instanced. Every zone in the game is instanced. EVERY. ONE.. Yes, even that ones. They don't all have green doors, but they're all instanced.

No, all of them are instanced. Every zone in the game is instanced. EVERY. ONE.. Yes, even that ones. They don't all have green doors, but they're all instanced.

By that definition the whole internet is instanced. It just happens to be one big instance.

Well no, I didn't have trouble steamrolling heroics.
But you were wiping in them... you know, those "dungeons that were challenging enough to wipe many many times in mmos pre x-realm LFD. "

or maybe... just maybe... you're talkign about dungeons that FAR predate the lfd tool, and the nerfing that you're talking about is part of the systematic design change that blizarrd had put in place more than a year before lfd in order to make the game more accessible to casual players?

That kind of makes any "lfd made the game easy argument" seem more than a little absurd.

By that definition the whole internet is instanced. It just happens to be one big instance.
No... there are multiple instances of every zone in swtor... there are lots of places in the whole of the internet that don't have even a single instance in swtor, let alone multiple instances.

so that definition has nothing to do with the whole of the internet.

Right now, in the game as it works today, you can have multiple instances of every zone in the game. If you happen to be in the wrong instance from a friend, you can move to their instance to do stuff with them (I've had to do so on several occasions, particularly on coruscant)

Edited by ferroz