The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro Rotation

Komplete

I must be doing something wrong, I see masive numbers on people saying they are in cent/champ gear. I have same gear and do not produce the amount they do. I have full Cent Eliminator gear with Champ Weapon and Implants. I can let you know my rotation and see if what im doign is something wrong.

IM>Rail>TD>Rapid Shots to close>RP>FB>FB>FB and Rail anytime it procs is pretty close to my single target rotation. Yes i use inturrupts, stuns and DFA and Flamethrower also but just meaning a large amount of damage that I see here. My personal top is around 260k and thats a very high end on a Voidstar and I had pocket heals, my usual amount is closer to 160k. Please suggest what im doing wrong or give better ideas

Edited by Komplete

Unfortunately the pvp gear has a lot of accuracy which is a p. terrible stat for Powertechs. I replaced all the acc enhancements with the crafted crit/surge ones.

About the skills, You seem to be doing it right but I usually only use Incendiary Missile if I know it's going to last for a while, because otherwise it isn't worth it for 25 heat. Never open with it on somebody almost dead, an assassin/shadow or any class you know that can easily remove it. Flame Burst is a cheap alternative for opening because of the guaranteed Combustible Gas Cylinder dot.

Priority is Rail shot always, then Thermal Detonator, Rocket Punch and Flame Burst spam to proc instant RS and refresh the cylinder dot.

Edited by Excidium

I would use FB before Rock punch just to make sure they got CGC on them.

And Accuracy is great for a pyrotech as it ensures your railshots will hit more often.

Obviously don't want to over do it.

I would also start with IM , then TD, since TD has a longer cooldown while Railshot can reset itself thanks to RP or FB.

Also you might want to do IM , TD, Rapid shots, Railshot. hopefully landing the railshot at the same time TD goes off.

Unfortunately the pvp gear has a lot of accuracy which is a p. terrible stat for Powertechs. I replaced all the acc enhancements with the crafted crit/surge ones.

HOW??? I'm not able to modify my pvp gear! If I Ctrl+RightClick , it just equips/unequips.

Only use IM if you are starting at range. If you can, use FB as your first move.

I also use TD before using RS at the start, creating more damage in a smaller window (TD blows right after you use RS). I also use the free attack often during unlucky strings of no RS procs to prevent overheating.

My Rotation in close range:

FB, TD, RS, RP (if no RS proc, free attack after RP), FB, if no RS proc use the free attack otherwise Unload here.

Rotation at max range is too dynamic depending entirely on the situation. Whether target is moving to me, or if I need to chase them, whether I am in Huttball and do not want to jump down to the ground, ect.

If starting at max range, and working my way to melee range, my rotation usually goes:

IM, TD, RS, free attack, (should be in melee range about now) RP, FB (free attack one or twice depending on RS procs).

TM is a huge heat builder. If you use TM you usually have to use the free attack once or twice in a timely manner to prevent serious overheating issues, especially when starting at range and being unable to proc a free RS with RP or FB (melee range attacks).

Edited by Humankeg

Only use IM if you are starting at range. If you can, use FB as your first move.

I also use TD before using RS at the start, creating more damage in a smaller window (TD blows right after you use RS). I also use the free attack often during unlucky strings of no RS procs to prevent overheating.

My Rotation in close range:

FB, TD, RS, RP (if no RS proc, free attack after RP), FB, if no RS proc use the free attack otherwise Unload here.

Rotation at max range is too dynamic depending entirely on the situation. Whether target is moving to me, or if I need to chase them, whether I am in Huttball and do not want to jump down to the ground, ect.

If starting at max range, and working my way to melee range, my rotation usually goes:

IM, TD, RS, free attack, (should be in melee range about now) RP, FB (free attack one or twice depending on RS procs).

TM is a huge heat builder. If you use TM you usually have to use the free attack once or twice in a timely manner to prevent serious overheating issues, especially when starting at range and being unable to proc a free RS with RP or FB (melee range attacks).

Using IM only is a good idea, IM isn't just for doing damage it is what allows you to actually use RS at range. I guess I should start remembering this and avoid using IM if I already in 10m range.

why u lot are not putting up both dots in the first globals i have nno idea.

should be:

IM > FB > RS > RP

get the dots up, use rail shot, then rocket punch as to not waste a proc if it happens. this should be your only opener.

Well I am not sure, if the IM DoT makes much of a difference when its high heat cost is considered. I will have to test it out.

You should also never be using FB when you have a RS off cooldown, because there is a 30% chance that rail shot would have resetted and effectively you have wasted one cooldown reset.

why u lot are not putting up both dots in the first globals i have nno idea.

should be:

IM > FB > RS > RP

get the dots up, use rail shot, then rocket punch as to not waste a proc if it happens. this should be your only opener.

IM does good damage, but it costs 25 heat. If you factor in heat cost, it is one of the worst abilities to use. The only time I use it regularly is if I am out of range to use other abilities, like FB and RP.

If I do use IM, it is when I am at much longer range, and will be mixing in the free attack while I either close in the gap, or if I stay at range, hence keeping my heat at a respectful level.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/screenshot2012021900561.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/screenshot2012021823283.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/screenshot2012021023384.jpg/

These sshots are fairly typical (perhaps a little better then usual, hence why I took the shot), and I really do consider myself one of the better PT's on my server (the Swiftsure) which is one of the largest servers.

Close range I use TD-FB-RS-RP Then some more FB or RP(if avail) to proc RS

If I am running in, I will use TD-IM-RS-FB-RP

I like to open up with TD as it usually will blow at the same time as my first RS. This way it gives a large burst of damage at once.

For me IM is a situational ability. If I am guarding a door or a node and am about to die I hand those out like they are free.

But at what point do you start seeing 4k and 5k crits? I am a new 50 and am wondering if I need to have full champ to pull off those numbers

With the surge changes, probably won't see them again. My highest Crit with Adrenal+Relic popped, that do stack(Power) has been 4.9k.

With the surge changes, probably won't see them again. My highest Crit with Adrenal+Relic popped, that do stack(Power) has been 4.9k.

I posted this in the other thread, but just for the sake of helping people out here achieve these numbers (Which ARE only possible with Relic/Adrenals). Note: All these numbers can be achieved with Champ gear also, since BM is just a minor upgrade to Champ.

5349 Crit: http://www.risengaming.com/pvp/Screenshot_2012-02-21_21_01_12_845364.jpg

5717 Crit: http://www.risengaming.com/pvp/Screenshot_2012-02-22_22_37_55_087993.jpg

My Stats self buffed with Reflex Stim:

Surge: +385 77.20% Multiplier

Power: +398

Accuracy: +80

Crit: +251 25% Crit Range/ 31% Tech

Aim: 1578

Gear:

Columi Combat Tech Helm, Legs, Feet, Gloves for 8% Railshot Damage Bonus

Battlemaster Eliminators Chest (Minor Upgrade to Champion so that works too)

BM Eliminator Vambraces:

BM Eliminator's Power generator

BM eliminator's Gun. etc.

Before I dropped Cybertech I was able to make a Mastercraft Endowment Reflex Enhancer I threw on a Crit Augment in. (stats are 62 aim, 98 crit, 40 surge on that earpiece, so you could probably find it on the GTN on your server)

I have most of the enhancements remodded to Crit/Surge Mods with 2 pieces having Power/Surge.

If you are running Champ blaster/generator those two items have a good amount of crit on them so I would recommend using Power Surge for all your enhancements. (The BM ones are Power and Power/Surge so I needed more crit)

Edited by exphryl

Exphryl what relics are you using?

I keep switching between my Pvp gear and Pve, can't decide which I like better.

PvP Power and Crit/Surge Relics.

I use Power/Adrenal/Fuel. then 30 seconds later when the Crit/Surge become available I try to nab a WZ expertise buff and use it with that to keep a good up-time on my damage.

Edited by exphryl