Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

light

light

sorry...this game isn't going to merge servers anytmime soon buddy. People are coming to it not leaving.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

merging servers is something you do when its

heavy

heavy

standard

standard

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

Not when its:

Full

Full

Full

Very Heavy

Very Heavy

Very Heavy

Very Heavy

Very Heavy

Heavy

Heavy

Heavy

Heavy

Heavy

Heavy

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

Standard

light

light

sorry...this game isn't going to merge servers anytmime soon buddy. People are coming to it not leaving.

wait!!

you mean prime-time isn't 4 am in the morning when I usually play?!?!??! what!?!?!? all lies!!!!

I do agree the American servers could use some condensing. Although beforehand, I would hope they implement free character transfers and let us know what servers will be combined and whatnot. Just not sure how transfers would work with the legacy system...

Either way, I went ahead and re-rolled all my toons on another server that is soooooo much better (Jung Ma.) Sucked since my trooper is 45 (on Anturi Reach.) I have the new one up to 27 but for anyone that has multiple high-level toons or a full time job I can't imagine that being a good option.

Incorrect.

The numbers vary far to greatly. I think Standard is 750 people, that's the minimum. 750 people spilt up between Fleet + Planets + Divide into factions most likely with an imbalance = unhealthy.

Based on your signature--why are you here? Do you think you are doing a favor and warning people or something?

The server numbers are off, I play om 2 servers dark sion and mindtrick, both are listed as heavy, yet mind trick ALWAYS has over 200 in fleet and my guild is always over 20 people, on darth I have never seen the feet over 115 and average is 100 or so. It used to be listed as standard but now darth sion is listed as heavy and I have been there since early access the pop is the same, I think bio is is BSing on the server status

***... looking whole day for a healer to do a HM FP to finish my weekly that's at 2/3. :rolleyes:

lets try this again! considering my 1st post was removed for apparently threatening either you or fanboys (not sure which! *rolls eyes*) i'll avoid the sarcasm this time, seems forum na err mods can't read that :)

The guild i belong too has discusses server mergers for awhile, and saddly after 15 years of playing MMO's i can tell you server mergers are NOT coming any time soon because the parent company is EA, they are a good 6 months+ out.

What they WILL do though and i wouldn't be surprised to see this shoved in, in a hurry into 1.2 patch is server transfers, if they are "thinking ahead" *prays*, they will throw in servers transfers and then play the old donkey and the carrot game of giving incentives to empires players to move to "low empire pop" servers and republic players incentives to move to "low republic pop" servers.... Saddly the "incentives" are the issue, there isn't much the can't offer level 50's xp bonuses, so they would have to offer valor bonuses or maybe legacy bonuses... Maybe an increased credit drop rate or item drop rate or something might work too...

Really wish valor was more like "realm points" were back on DAOC, that was always a good way to give incentives to balance server populations, and honestly SWTOR needs some SERIOUS server population balancing between empire/republic sides, and they don't have a whole lot of "carrots" they can dangle to draw people in :)

Last evening, prime time but on a normal week day, all but 4 (PvP) servers were at the minimum Standard in EU side when I looked, almost half were Heavy at some point, there were several Very Heavy servers and I noticed one that was Full.

No need for server mergers.

This.

The server numbers are off, I play om 2 servers dark sion and mindtrick, both are listed as heavy, yet mind trick ALWAYS has over 200 in fleet and my guild is always over 20 people, on darth I have never seen the feet over 115 and average is 100 or so. It used to be listed as standard but now darth sion is listed as heavy and I have been there since early access the pop is the same, I think bio is is BSing on the server status

exactly

semi ghost servers have a low server caps, busy servers have high server caps

merging servers is something you do when its

heavy

heavy

standard

standard

light

it's sad how naive you people are.

those words mean nothing. all that matters is cold, hard numbers.

even the ghost servers are on standard because Bioware reduced the server caps on them.

Based on your signature--why are you here? Do you think you are doing a favor and warning people or something?

$200. I want this game to be successful. Anywho, stop taking my comments so personally. It's weird. Not like I'm defacing a family member of yours or something.

My server Port Nowhere seems to hit peak at about 9/10:00PM and start dropping 11PM/12AM. It's a weird server. Peak time for it lasts about 2/3 hours if that.

12:10AM right now EST on Port Nowhere Republic side and it's:

Tython (16)

Ord Mantell (13)

Coruscant (30)

Taris (24)

Nar Shaddaa (16)

Tatooine (16)

Alderaan (9)

Balmorra (10)

Quesh (6)

Hoth (17)

Belsavis (7)

Voss (7)

Corellia (9)

Ilum (23)

203 on Planets

Fleet (82)

Warzones:

Civil War (24)

The Void Star (34)

Hutt Ball (15)

Ships:

Defender (9)

Thunderclap (2)

Freighter (3)

Flashpoints:

The Esseles (9)

Hammer Station (0)

Athiss (2)

Mandalorian Raiders (0)

Cademimu (0)

Taral V (4)

Maelstrom Prison (0)

Colicoid War Games (0)

The Red Reaper (0)

Directive 7 (4)

The False Emperor (4)

The Battle of Ilum (3)

Kaon Under Siege (1)

399 all total, give or take around 30/50 for margin of error.

Server mergers aren't needed, my fleet numbers have been higher than ever lately. I'm Republic, and there used to be around 120 people on the fleet during prime time, with around 300 on the Imp fleet. Now there are over 160 on the Rep fleet and well over 350 on the Imp side. The fleets are a GREAT sample size of overall server activity btw, since they are the main centers of each faction and contain a healthy portion of all the level ranges with only the level cap being represented more.

I am sure there are low pop. servers but it seems like most of them are doing just fine. A lot of them still reach Heavy, some Very Heavy, and even now and then there's a Full one. I'm happy it's doing well, but we need to wait just a biiiit longer to tell for sure. :D

*cue the haters with their polemic speeches spewing nothing but vitriol, etc*

i do not want server merges. i intentionally put some characters on low pop servers so that i don't have to deal with a large amount of people. i can understand people starting on a server that had a heavy population, and it has died down wanting to move, but i would rather they offered free transfers for a week or so.

Server mergers are not gonna happen any time soon.

Why? Because people *****ed moaned and whined that new servers were needed to alleviate the queues. Don't believe me go look at the topics regarding queues.

There were many voices of reason saying after the free month was up many of the queues would be gone. Low and behold the expected drop off of players happens queues are gone and too many servers are now light.

Sadly a few people moaning about the server merges also were the ones complaining about queues.

You have 3 ways to deal with it.

1) Reroll on a heavy server.

2) Quit the game and move on.

3) Deal with it!