Giving up on healing because of medals

Grubfist

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad at all. Ilum helps, and so does actually winning, but I'd just wish we had the ability to get lots of medals too.

If you play as/with a healer your win rate goes up exponentially.

It's just too bad playing a healer (to me anyway) is boring as hell :o

Medals I get as a 50 Operative healer.

1 each for the following:

2.5 heal

5k heal

75k heal

10 kills

2.5 damage

75k damage

That is 6 medals, 9 out of 10 matches.

Add in a medal for defender once and a while and I have 7 sometimes.

And the rare 300k 2nd healer medal.

A healer should always be getting 5-6 medals a match, simple as that...

Make sure you get your 10 kills and that 2.5 asap... Best way for 10 kills fast is Frag Grenade, just keep throwing it in a pile.

That being said, I was not getting those medals until I got to lev 50, prior to that I was only getting 3-4.

If you play as/with a healer your win rate goes up exponentially.

It's just too bad playing a healer (to me anyway) is boring as hell :o

Healing does help your win rate but not too much. The fun is in having 3 people beating on me and I'm just trashtalking them in /s the whole time.

Healing does help your win rate but not too much. The fun is in having 3 people beating on me and I'm just trashtalking them in /s the whole time.

Lol, I do that all the time with individual dps.

"C'mon, when are you gonna do some REAL damage?"

"Thanks for the back massage, bro!"

I just let them know that they are so un-frightening that I can type out messages while healing myself through them :3

Honestly, if your team has 0 heals, and the other team has 2, you will notice the difference very early (assuming both teams are competent).

While I don't care about medals too much, it gets depressing while pugging to heal and get only a few medals and 0 mvps (when people actually vote...which doesn't seem to happen all that often). Meanwhile, when I group with a tank friend, he loves it cuz I give him 4+ medals in the first 30 secs of the match...

Also, getting the damage medals as an op healer is just silly...snipers should have got the healing tree...at least most of their offensive/defensive abilities have a 30m range and not 10m (but that's another issue :p)

Agreed (with OP).

That said, it's pretty easy to pick up some medals. You should be able to get - at 50 - the 2.5k 5k, 75k, and 150k healing medals. Also very easy to get is killing blow. Easy to pick up 1k and 5k defender on Alderaan... 2.5k damage isn't unreachable. Also forgot the 10 and 25-kill ones from lobbing an aoe somewhere a few times.

But 5 medals min per WZ isn't doing that bad for your role really... And it's not like the medals give you that many more commendations.

Edited by justcallmetarzan

Honestly, if your team has 0 heals, and the other team has 2, you will notice the difference very early (assuming both teams are competent).

While I don't care about medals too much, it gets depressing while pugging to heal and get only a few medals and 0 mvps (when people actually vote...which doesn't seem to happen all that often). Meanwhile, when I group with a tank friend, he loves it cuz I give him 4+ medals in the first 30 secs of the match...

Also, getting the damage medals as an op healer is just silly...snipers should have got the healing tree...at least most of their offensive/defensive abilities have a 30m range and not 10m (but that's another issue :p)

I've seen some scoundrel/op healers do some pretty wicked damage as well with their DoTs and their backstabs.

Sometimes a healer is safest in the melee.

A healer should always be getting 5-6 medals a match, simple as that...

Make sure you get your 10 kills and that 2.5 asap... Best way for 10 kills fast is Frag Grenade, just keep throwing it in a pile.

That being said, I was not getting those medals until I got to lev 50, prior to that I was only getting 3-4.

A healer really shouldn't have to dps in order to get... less medals than everyone else still.

There are only 4 medals a healer can even get by doing just healing. Two of which (2.5k heal & 75k healing) anyone with a heal ability could probably get pretty easily just healing themselves.

The medal system atm is a big ol joke on healers.

Agreed (with OP).

That said, it's pretty easy to pick up some medals. You should be able to get - at 50 - the 2.5k 5k, 75k, and 150k healing medals. Also very easy to get is killing blow. Easy to pick up 1k and 5k defender on Alderaan... 2.5k damage isn't unreachable. Also forgot the 10 and 25-kill ones from lobbing an aoe somewhere a few times.

But 5 medals min per WZ isn't doing that bad for your role really... And it's not like the medals give you that many more commendations.

2.5k damage doesn't happen, and 5k healing RARELY happens. I am a Sage Healer, my damages is little and trickly.

That said, I've gotten 10 and 25 kills very often by dotting enemies near objectives and AoEing when many enemies gather up.

And killing blow is easy, because if someone's at low health, the extra push to kill them is usually more valuable than the heals.

I'd be less concerned as a healer with the medal situation, and more concerend in places like Ilum where if you heal someone and they kill an opponent it doesn't give the healer any credit for the kill. The healer has to go around and tag all the opponents to get the kill credit.

I'd be less concerned as a healer with the medal situation, and more concerend in places like Ilum where if you heal someone and they kill an opponent it doesn't give the healer any credit for the kill. The healer has to go around and tag all the opponents to get the kill credit.

DoT'ing up enemies helps whittle them down and can typically be done before the thick of the fighting. It's a good strategy anyways (unless you're a commando, but then you have mortar volley to crush everything in any spec) Also, l2buff. It gets you tons of kill-credit.

That's the first time I've heard that "buffing" gives credits for kills... if that's the case then it shouldn't just be healers that are doing it, but everyone in the ops should be spamming their buff to get credit for kills instead of trying to tag each pub.

Can anyone else confirm this buffing method works to get kill credits?

That's the first time I've heard that "buffing" gives credits for kills... if that's the case then it shouldn't just be healers that are doing it, but everyone in the ops should be spamming their buff to get credit for kills instead of trying to tag each pub.

Can anyone else confirm this buffing method works to get kill credits?

Yes all you have to do is occasionally rebuff your team. I do it all the time and get credit for all the kills.