Giving up on healing because of medals

Grubfist

...is stupid.

I love healing, regardless of gear rewards. It's awesome to change the course of the battle so much.

Medals are irrelevant.

I'm guessing you don't play a combat medic.

They are the Drew Bledsoe of PVP healers. Completely immobile, but if you don't get anywhere near them, they're great!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you play as/with a healer your win rate goes up exponentially.

It's just too bad playing a healer (to me anyway) is boring as hell :o

Really? The opposite happened with me. I think their were too many healers on my server for the imps; 80% of the players on most of my games will have healing numbers above 10k. But I never never NEVER see any green names and numbers on me. Either they stand in the fire, or its just sorcs healing themselves.

Really? The opposite happened with me. I think their were too many healers on my server for the imps; 80% of the players on most of my games will have healing numbers above 10k. But I never never NEVER see any green names and numbers on me. Either they stand in the fire, or its just sorcs healing themselves.

Yeah, it sucks when you have too many healers.

No offense at all. Need 1-2. Makes things healthy.

8 Sorcerers.... nuff said Epic Screenshot. OH and Combat medic is beast. I pull 7-11 medals a game as a healer. 2.5k Damage 75k Damage 2.5/5k Healing, 75/300k Healing, Killing Blow, 10/25 Kills should be on anyone's medal list. Add in the occasional 1v1 kill and 1/3k defender points. Makes for a great game. Not to mention simply asking before the end of match to MVP vote outstanding players usually nets me a handful of extra Valor.

Also, Immobile healer as a combat medic? Kolto Bomb + Bacta Infusion = Rediculous. A gigantic instant heal, +20% healing to self when bubble is up. Not sure about everyone else but I don't feel like I am gimped as a PVP healer.

8 Sorcerers.... nuff said Epic Screenshot. OH and Combat medic is beast. I pull 7-11 medals a game as a healer. 2.5k Damage 75k Damage 2.5/5k Healing, 75/300k Healing, Killing Blow, 10/25 Kills should be on anyone's medal list. Add in the occasional 1v1 kill and 1/3k defender points. Makes for a great game. Not to mention simply asking before the end of match to MVP vote outstanding players usually nets me a handful of extra Valor.

Also, Immobile healer as a combat medic? Kolto Bomb + Bacta Infusion = Rediculous. A gigantic instant heal, +20% healing to self when bubble is up. Not sure about everyone else but I don't feel like I am gimped as a PVP healer.

I dunno, maybe the opponents on your server are bad players or something, but using Kolto Bomb or Hammer Shot (heal) is like wearing a giant 'KILL ME NOW' sign on my server, which leads to very poor healing performance.

I dunno, maybe the opponents on your server are bad players or something, but using Kolto Bomb or Hammer Shot (heal) is like wearing a giant 'KILL ME NOW' sign on my server, which leads to very poor healing performance.

To be fair, anything Green means "kill me now"

even though I usually get the mvp 5 medals for constant action does not even come close to doing healers justice after getting 300K+ each time.

Will probably re-spec into a hybrid so i can dps half of the time

Ew. do one job or another, hybrids gimp the team D:

Do you mean 100k?

• 2 weeks later...

I switched to healing because our faction needed more healing. I play WZ's to win first. The valor will come. If you want valor go to Ilum when both sides are close and it will roll in especially if you hold all the objectives.

Many healers just spam heals all match long to rack up huge useless healing numbers. I try to run ahead or behind the ball to keep the carry up and if I can get to the end zone for a pull great. My focus is only the ball carrier. Maybe I am doing it wrong but we seem to win more than we lose when I play aggressively instead of hanging back and healing those that think center is a death match.

...is stupid.

I love healing, regardless of gear rewards. It's awesome to change the course of the battle so much.

Medals are irrelevant.

Well its a good thing medals are being overhauled in the next patch. So this is all irrelevant.

It seems to be a noticeable difference for me.

Absolutely, but only insofar as the healers perform well.

I realize it all depends on the amount of damage your team sustains, but when I see a healer post 400k+ and another healer on the same team 150k, I wonder if the team would have been better served by a player who could do 200k+ damage. For the most part I think so.