Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cost of speeding training ever going to be sane?

Coyotecalls

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to ever lower the cost of the training? level 40 is 210K credits. At level 40 I had 148K credits and that's without wasting a lot. The cost is ridiculous.

I just hit level 40 last night and have about 330K.

Admittedly I still have two rows of inventory space I haven't purchased, but still, I don't see how you're not swimming in credits.

I just hit level 40 last night and have about 330K.

Admittedly I still have two rows of inventory space I haven't purchased, but still, I don't see how you're not swimming in credits.

I also hit 40 last night

Never bought anything while levelling,and I had 260k

Now I'm still missing 90k for the last 3 skills I can train... :eek::confused:

Not to mention the 25k for a speeder

Edited by Agobi

After realizing that paying repair bills from wipes in early heroics and flashpoints (the very rare few times we could find a group to do them) combined with the high cost of crafting while leveling, I couldn't afford the first speeder until I was level 45.

I have the 100% one after saving up from level 50 dailies, and I'm not motivated to dump the credits for the 110% one. Then again, I've lost motivation to do the mind numbing dailies any more either.

Are they going to ever lower the cost of the training? level 40 is 210K credits. At level 40 I had 148K credits and that's without wasting a lot. The cost is ridiculous.

I've never had less then 300K at level 35 on any of my characters. This is after all training and other expenses.

So, in my assessment, they have training for speeders set just about right. It should suck up a chunk of your credits at level, but not leave you broke.

Now, is it worth 210K credits at 40 for a modest improvement in speed?? Totally different discussion. But you are going to have to pay it sometime down the road to level 50 speeder and access to all the exotic speeder mounts.

It's a 10% increase in speed that you can wait on until you can afford it.

Sheesh, money is really, really easy to make in this game.

Apparently not easy enough,since I'm 115k short for training at level 40....without spending anything for 40 levels...

OP is right,the prices are too high...

Why do people want everything all the time?

Without choosing the money-generating professions and if you are continually crafting, it is unlikely you will have the amount needed at 40 for the speeder and everything else that comes along with it.

You have to compromise. Ease up (or stop) on the crew missions and crafting from about 35+ and your money from loot and mission hand-ins will rocket your balance.

Then get the uberomgspeed* level 40 speeder training then start up your crafting again.

Cant have your steak and ice-cream on the same plate people.

* this is sarcasm

Why do people want everything all the time?

Without choosing the money-generating professions and if you are continually crafting, it is unlikely you will have the amount needed at 40 for the speeder and everything else that comes along with it.

You have to compromise. Ease up (or stop) on the crew missions and crafting from about 35+ and your money from loot and mission hand-ins will rocket your balance.

Then get the uberomgspeed* level 40 speeder training then start up your crafting again.

Cant have your steak and ice-cream on the same plate people.

* this is sarcasm

Again,this is untrue.

I repeat,I have spent nothing on gtn,or crafting,only repairs....All I have done is follow the qustline that has gotten me to 40...and I am 90k short ,just to get all the skills aI can train (including speeder2)

And to me thats means the price is too high

Edited by Agobi

1) Don't spend credits on anything. Not even bag upgrades.

2) Everyone should have slicing, it's a veritable gold mine.

3) Buy training and speeders and still have left over credits at 25, 40, and 50.

4) ...

5) Profit!

I bought my level 25 speeder at level 22 or 23 I think and training as soon as I dinged. Before I hit 30 I had already bought my level 40 speeder. You can trip and fall into a mountain of credits in this game anywhere you walk. Don't spend them on stuff you don't need and you'll have more than enough for your training and speeder.

It's a money sink... working as intended.

Yeah, its working for the first month or two. After that most people have the skill and so much money they could buy ten more. I dont think that theese "one time" sinks is the way to go.

To OP, i didnt have any problem with getting money for my skills. Just made some money crafting.

How on earth is it possible to not have the money required at the relevant lvls to get speeder training?

Are you burning all your credits on gear from GTN?:confused:

If you attempt ANY of the following while leveling:

- upgrade starship

- train in crafting

- send companions on missions (other than slicing)

- buying stims

- buying upgraded armor, weapons or mods

You will not have enough at 40 for the speeder.

To have enough at 40, you need to completely avoid crafting, companion missions (other than slicing) and obviously avoid buying anything including stims or armor or slot upgrades.

I was wondering why they even have vendors selling stims, armor, weapons or access to the galactic trade system until after level 40. If you participate in ANY of these things you will not have the money at 40 for the speeder.

If you attempt ANY of the following while leveling:

- upgrade starship

- train in crafting

- send companions on missions (other than slicing)

- buying stims

- buying upgraded armor, weapons or mods

You will not have enough at 40 for the speeder.

To have enough at 40, you need to completely avoid crafting, companion missions (other than slicing) and obviously avoid buying anything including stims or armor or slot upgrades.

I was wondering why they even have vendors selling stims, armor, weapons or access to the galactic trade system until after level 40. If you participate in ANY of these things you will not have the money at 40 for the speeder.

That's simply not true

On my first alt i levelled biochem, bioanalysis and diplomacy as i levelled up. Upgraded my starship at every opportunity and had no issue buying speeder training

Stop buying **** from GTN while levelling, that is mmo 101. Only use it for selling stuff until you're 50 and you'll easily have enough credits

Edited by lineschmidt

Again,this is untrue.

I repeat,I have spent nothing on gtn,or crafting,only repairs....All I have done is follow the qustline that has gotten me to 40...and I am 90k short ,just to get all the skills aI can train (including speeder2)

The Rank 3 Speeder skill I couldn't afford when it first became available to me. Rank 1 and 2 were always payable, even though they brought me down to close to 0. I think you are expected to actually spend time making money. Space combat for example is a good source (you lose out on some of the money made because you need to get the upgrades, of course).

The price is definitely set at at a point that you can't just get it just because you're the appropriate level.

Again,this is untrue.

There is more to this story than you are admitting. My friend's two fifties have never been short on cash for the level 40 speeder. I was 10k short because I was trying to powerlevel crafting.

Apparently not easy enough,since I'm 115k short for training at level 40....without spending anything for 40 levels...

OP is right,the prices are too high...

:rolleyes: Somewhere along the line then, you bypassed every fundamental credit producing element in the leveling process. Seriously.

You can make over 250K by level 40 just by choosing salvaging, armstech, and slicing and working them as you level along. You gather metals, make barrels, merchant sell the barrels (they are good credit generating trinket in the game), and slice every lockbox you come across (which is easy now that most early players advertised that Slicing was nerfed into the ground, and people believed them).

Add another 200-250K from random credit drops and loot selling as you level up and you should be pushing 400K by level 40 AFTER all your training and expenses (except for the level 40 speeder training).

Edited by Andryah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.