GAme play issue. Cannot play game do to low population server.

Darthwilcu

Dear Customer Service,

I have a game play issue that is very important to me. Instead of not answering my question and locking my thread. Please provide me with information.

I have spent over 8 days of game play time leveling a character to 50 on the Whitebeam Run server.

Now that I am level 50 I cannot get into War Zones without waiting for hours. Also, Finding groups to explore high level content with is nearly impossible.

Besides grinding daily quests I am hardly able to take advantage of the designed game play.

The solution to my issue would be to transfer my character to another more populated server.

In the community Q&A from 2/10/12 is says:

"Shotgun-clavy: When are character transfers going to become available? And are server transfers a real possibility?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers between servers are definitely going to be available in the future and we’ll announce details as soon as we have firm dates."

Is there any update to this? Other answers in that same session stated that there are changes coming in 1.2, however the answer in regards to transfers seems to be vague and not informative enough. Do you really have to have a firm date to state if the issue is being worked on?

I would like to know if this is a plan that they are actively working on so that I may be able to transfer my character soon and than be able to continue playing the game, or if this is merely an idea which may be months or even years away from happening.

At this moment I am unable to play your game as designed and would appreciate an answer since this is indeed a question regarding a huge game play issue for me.

Dear Customer Service,

I have a game play issue that is very important to me. Instead of not answering my question and locking my thread. Please provide me with information.

I have spent over 8 days of game play time leveling a character to 50 on the Whitebeam Run server.

Now that I am level 50 I cannot get into War Zones without waiting for hours. Also, Finding groups to explore high level content with is nearly impossible.

Besides grinding daily quests I am hardly able to take advantage of the designed game play.

The solution to my issue would be to transfer my character to another more populated server.

In the community Q&A from 2/10/12 is says:

"Shotgun-clavy: When are character transfers going to become available? And are server transfers a real possibility?

Daniel Erickson: Character transfers between servers are definitely going to be available in the future and we’ll announce details as soon as we have firm dates."

Is there any update to this? Other answers in that same session stated that there are changes coming in 1.2, however the answer in regards to transfers seems to be vague and not informative enough. Do you really have to have a firm date to state if the issue is being worked on?

I would like to know if this is a plan that they are actively working on so that I may be able to transfer my character soon and than be able to continue playing the game, or if this is merely an idea which may be months or even years away from happening.

At this moment I am unable to play your game as designed and would appreciate an answer since this is indeed a question regarding a huge game play issue for me.

As stated by Daniel Erickson, they will announce the dates when they are fixed and solid. To post any other assumptions will only increase questioning, and since they have not posted any official updates on it, a fixed date is not yet set.

As stated by Daniel Erickson, they will announce the dates when they are fixed and solid. To post any other assumptions will only increase questioning, and since they have not posted any official updates on it, a fixed date is not yet set.

I call BS on Daniel Erickson than. I don't think they are doing anything.

I call BS on Daniel Erickson than. I don't think they are doing anything.

So by that you mean that he is lying? They already made an official statement, but you want more even before they are done working?

Your other post was locked and you where given information by both links and a CS representative. If you feel you will not wait, that is up to you, but more and new threads/posts on the issue will do you no good. Please respect what they have said and just wait.

It's been exactly 5 business days since that answer was given. Would you rather they work on the issue or babysit the boards?

This also makes me wonder why anyone would race a character to 50 on a server that clearly shows a light load on a weekend afternoon. If you want a server that has people on it, check the loads on the right hand side for the time period you play. If it shows anything lower than standard, pick another server.

Edited by ChaosCalling

It's been exactly 5 business days since that answer was given. Would you rather they work on the issue or babysit the boards?

This also makes me wonder why anyone would race a character to 50 on a server that clearly shows a light load on a weekend afternoon. If you want a server that has people on it, check the loads on the right hand side for the time period you play. If it shows anything other than standard, pick another server.

I have been playing since early access.

My first character I was only able to get to 10 and than was subjected to 1-2 hours waits to get into the original server.

So I rolled on a server that was opened after early release so I could play without waiting 1-2 hours to get on.

How was I supposed to see the future that they made way too many servers and that mine was the one that would be one of the several that would not receive significant population?

Your answer is to grind another character to 50 on another server? Ouch...that is not very much fun. And I should just throw away my level 15 legacy status, my valor, my 1,000,000 credits?, My gear?

I would like to pick another server....but would like a character transfer.

5 business days is enough time to tell us if the plan is in the works or just an idea.

Edited by Darthwilcu

And as soon as the function of character transfer is ready, the date will be posted.

I understand that.

The answer I want is if it is being worked on or just a idea they will do in the future......why is that a difficult concept to grasp?

If it is being worked on they can say: We are working on doing that right now.

However what was said is like saying "We are going to get to it eventually, now shut up."

So by that you mean that he is lying? They already made an official statement, but you want more even before they are done working?

Your other post was locked and you where given information by both links and a CS representative. If you feel you will not wait, that is up to you, but more and new threads/posts on the issue will do you no good. Please respect what they have said and just wait.

I am not saying it is a lie. I am saying it was said with good intentions, but said in a manner that does not mean anything in regards to when and if it even has priority over other issues.

If that is all that is said we could be waiting years for it to happen.

It would be nice to know what their intentions are.

And as soon as the function of character transfer is ready, the date will be posted.

And before that? Do you think it is possible to tell us what is happening?

Why should we have to wait to get an answer?

Do you not think they have a patch targeted to do this?

And if they have not discussed when they are going to do it by, do you think there is any hope in it getting done anytime soon?

How can they tell us that 1.2 will be available "sometime in March"? That is not a definite date, yet they can share the information.

I think they are not even working on it and would like the truth.

I am not saying it is a lie. I am saying it was said with good intentions, but said in a manner that does not mean anything in regards to when and if it even has priority over other issues.

If that is all that is said we could be waiting years for it to happen.

It would be nice to know what their intentions are.

There is no date, but they are working on it and their intention is to get it in the game when it´s done and working.

This is what you get, and it´s as good as it gets for now. If you keep posting threads about it over and over, you will only get them closed. This information is good information, so now we wait. It´s as simple as that.

And before that? Do you think it is possible to tell us what is happening?

Why should we have to wait to get an answer?

Do you not think they have a patch targeted to do this?

And if they have not discussed when they are going to do it by, do you think there is any hope in it getting done anytime soon?

How can they tell us that 1.2 will be available "sometime in March"? That is not a definite date, yet they can share the information.

I think they are not even working on it and would like the truth.

we were given an answer. they said they are working on it. do they really need to come in every day and say the same thing?

I have been playing since early access.

My first character I was only able to get to 10 and than was subjected to 1-2 hours waits to get into the original server.

So I rolled on a server that was opened after early release so I could play without waiting 1-2 hours to get on.

How was I supposed to see the future that they made way too many servers and that mine was the one that would be one of the several that would not receive significant population?

Your answer is to grind another character to 50 on another server? Ouch...that is not very much fun. And I should just throw away my level 15 legacy status, my valor, my 1,000,000 credits?, My gear?

I would like to pick another server....but would like a character transfer.

5 business days is enough time to tell us if the plan is in the works or just an idea.

Thanks for the clarification. Your original post made it sound like you had just started out on a low level server. (spent over 8 days...)

No, server transfers are not just an idea. They have to have them in place soon to allow the Oceanic players transfers to the new servers in their area. Hopefully we will get transfers at about the same time or soon after.

Edited by ChaosCalling

Having worked in development for a number years, here's my guess at what's going on:

BioWare Developers/analysts are collecting server usage metrics and putting together a few viable options.

Project Management / analysts are reviewing the options assembled by the developers (and maybe tossing in their own for the developers to go back and research), and attempting to determine like customer losses (based on perceived satisfaction with the method selected, and how long it is estimated that development will take to code & test ('cause existing players will sure be pissed if the transfer player method messes them up b/c they're basically innocent bystanders).

Very few of the above people are probably high enough in management to be the people who actually have to make the call because they are or (answer to) a VP. Most development errors won't cause termination or salary loss, but giving the green light to the cause of the loss of enough customers could.

I'm not trying to be overdramatic, here, I'm just saying the method of transferring characters from one server may *seem* easy to an outsider, but it may be complicated and risky enough to require more than just copying a few data files.

Thanks for the clarification. Your original post made it sound like you had just started out on a low level server. (spent over 8 days...)

No, server transfers are not just an idea. They have to have them in place soon to allow the Oceanic players transfers to the new servers in their area. Hopefully we will get transfers at about the same time or soon after.

Thanks. I hope soon because I enjoy this game and want to continue to progress.

I just hope the server change does not than bring up the fps problem other people seem to have in populated areas.

One good thing about a low population server, I never have an fps problem and would not even known they existed without these forums.

Having worked in development for a number years, here's my guess at what's going on:

BioWare Developers/analysts are collecting server usage metrics and putting together a few viable options.

Project Management / analysts are reviewing the options assembled by the developers (and maybe tossing in their own for the developers to go back and research), and attempting to determine like customer losses (based on perceived satisfaction with the method selected, and how long it is estimated that development will take to code & test ('cause existing players will sure be pissed if the transfer player method messes them up b/c they're basically innocent bystanders).

Very few of the above people are probably high enough in management to be the people who actually have to make the call because they are or (answer to) a VP. Most development errors won't cause termination or salary loss, but giving the green light to the cause of the loss of enough customers could.

I'm not trying to be overdramatic, here, I'm just saying the method of transferring characters from one server may *seem* easy to an outsider, but it may be complicated and risky enough to require more than just copying a few data files.

This is something I completed understand. That is why I lack the confidence that it is getting done. I am not certain they have the talent to pull this off.

Hi everyone,

We've closed this thread as we have consolidated discussions for this here:

For general Q&A discussion, please be sure to check out the following thread for Friday's blog, Community Q&A – Feb 17th 2012 Blog Discussion. The Community Blog is a great resource. Be sure to check it out! Also, do not forget about the Developer Tracker, to see the latest work from our developers!

Please continue your discussion at the above links. Thanks!