The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is there any reason NOT to switch to Biotech?

hulkweazel

PT tank with 400 cyber/400 scavenging, but getting access to +100 Endurance/+40 defense plus reusable medpacks is about 100x more appealing than reusable grenades that do negligible damage. While money isn't an issue for me, I still don't like forking over 50k just to be properly buffed.

So is there any reason NOT to switch?

a lot of people in my main raid went/are going armormech/synthweaving to make belt + bracers (bop ones are better than rakata) and then switching to biochem after they have them made. Biochem doesn't give you a stat boost like armormech does, but you always have a stim/adrenal to use.

PT tank with 400 cyber/400 scavenging, but getting access to +100 Endurance/+40 defense plus reusable medpacks is about 100x more appealing than reusable grenades that do negligible damage. While money isn't an issue for me, I still don't like forking over 50k just to be properly buffed.

So is there any reason NOT to switch?

I dropped cyber/scav/underwold aswell for bio... theres no reason atall to keep cyber, sure grenades have their uses but pots etc on bio are much more usefull.

Only used a few cyber items while leveling then useless at 50 as all mods etc in gear are better than our own epic ones. Oo

As it stands today - Biochem is clearly best.

However they have already applied multiple nerfs to it and are planning on continueing, along with buffing the others.

Think of it as the FotM crew skill. It's the best now but if you start using it do so expecting it to be nerfed in the future.

Gotta say this again:

Biochem doesn't give you ANY EXTRA STATS. The stims and adrenals are exactly the same (the tooltip is bugged) than the boe ones. The only upside is that you don't have to spend cash on them.

Armormech/Synthweaving are the only professions that are actually BETTER than the others. The BOP belt and bracers are a stat gain over rakata gear.

Gotta say this again:

Biochem doesn't give you ANY EXTRA STATS. The stims and adrenals are exactly the same (the tooltip is bugged) than the boe ones. The only upside is that you don't have to spend cash on them.

Armormech/Synthweaving are the only professions that are actually BETTER than the others. The BOP belt and bracers are a stat gain over rakata gear.

As a tank, I go through Medkits like candy. It's not uncommon to use 10 of them in a single run especially in a pug group. I either have to gimp myself by using the level 44 medkits or fork over a TON of money with the level 48 ones. When you factor in repair costs (5k per death, only going to go up as I get better gear) plus 20k per stim, it ends up costing between 50k-100k just to run a HM/op. I have no problems with money but still at this rate I'll go broke after a while.

Didn't know the tooltip was bugged, even still I don't see any reason to stick to Cybertech, which really hasn't given me much at all except a few gadgets along the way that could have easily been gotten by other means.

oh yeah, biotech definitely saves you 4730892392473250345634056 credits, but if you're Mr. Min/Max, armormech/synthweaving are the only two professions that actually increase your stats. And after you make em, you can drop it. GG

Yep, at current the ultimate min maxer basically makes armormech bracers and belts, artifice relics, then goes biochem.

I loved my armormech. I'm taking any schematics that drop in HM's so that when they do implement these fixes (crittable orange gear and able to take mods out of ops/pvp gear nomnom) then I will go back to being an armormech.

Its not all that hard to level a prof to max, the difficulty and gain lies in the attempt to RE up to artifact level and then crit them which at the moment simply isnt worth it

I dropped cyber/scav/underwold aswell for bio... theres no reason atall to keep cyber, sure grenades have their uses but pots etc on bio are much more usefull.

Only used a few cyber items while leveling then useless at 50 as all mods etc in gear are better than our own epic ones. Oo

Exactly this, I made my level 50 speeder, so there is absolutely no reason for me to continue with cybertech at 50.