I want to try SWTOR rp, but I need a little help.

MrBeatZero

Hey, my main server is Dreshea Cantina but I want to be able to rp in this game. I rped in Wow and a game called Champions Online, also forum rp. I would like to know a few thing like were too start, What is the general way to rp with people? Any good servers? any Guilds willing to take in a stray? any help would be nice guys.

May the force be with you,

MrBeatZero

I know that already but are there any that you or anyone would suggest or simple etiquette for rping in SWTOR

Basically just go slow in the beginning.

Pick a good name and not something that is to be "funny"

Pick a class you find interesting and start tweaking it to fit your story idea and you will get a lot of ideas to roleplay on..

If you encounter the "god-mode" people that uses /tell orders to tell you that you are stabbed and wounded etc, just ignore them instead of getting in an argument with them.

Part from that...just walk around in crowded areas where people roleplay in the chat-box and read up on how the "social codes" are. Chat-bubbles will come later on and that will boost RP a whole lot. Last but not least....i find it best to act your level so to say.

A lvl 50 vs a lvl 5....well you see the point even though it´s not pvp.

I know that already but are there any that you or anyone would suggest or simple etiquette for rping in SWTOR

You may find this post on my guilds forums a good place for you to start:

http://pravusaxiom.com/swtor/newforum/index.php?/topic/6093-before-you-apply-read-this/

Needless to say, it is worth having an idea of your characters 'identity' before you start to RP.

Also, don't be afraid to drum up your own RP. Lots of RP servers have "RP channels" where RPers can discuss things in an out-of-character (OOC) fashion. Ask around, join one of these, and ask where one can most commonly find RP. Take your character to that place, plonk him or her somewhere, and just start emoting things. Or talking to yourself/an NPC. Anything at all to send the message "Hey, I'm willing to RP!"

You'd be surprised how many people "take the bait" so to speak.