At this point, is it even possible for republic to come back?

phdeeznuts

I've pretty much shelved my Scoundrel (character I've played since EA) unless we're doing hardmodes or operations. He hasn't been to Ilum or queued a warzone in about two weeks... and I don't regret it one bit. Since then I've been leveling a Sage (because they're never gonna get nerfed and Consular was the only Republic class I didn't play in Beta) and a Vanguard (I liked the Trooper story in Beta and I wanted a tank alt).

PvP on my Scoundrel is just not fun, patch day on Ilum and the out of control nerf bat pretty much took away my incentive to PvP on that character. It's just not fun having to play 15 warzones to complete your daily because all the Imperials on your server got battlemaster from zerging Ilum.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guild re-rolled to Republic for this very reason, on our new server we are out numbered, and yeh being a fresh dinged 50 is a bit of a nightmare against very well geared Imp teams, but hey it makes winning more enjoyable, and it makes you improve your game by being the underdog =)

One thing that would certainly help is implementing a ranked arena or warfront system where factions can fight against themselves like wow. It certainly wont magically make the problem go away but it will help. Making "battlegroups" like wow could help too.. putting servers together based on population ratios to try and balance it somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

As a followup, tonight I played 15 full WZ matches, and lost 14 full WZ matches.

Average HP on veela republic side across all 15 matches for the first players in the zone: 15041

Average HP on veela imperial side: