Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Hardest 1v1 class

sixfreshcookies

The only problem, I have with snipers is that force leap doesn't work on them in cover. So I slap on saber ward or rebuke, run up to them and have at it.

Dont be afraid to Force Camo and run up to them. You can possition behind their cover and then leap to them. If you have that option.

I couldn't for the life of me beat an operative the other night 1v1

every time i got him to near death he would stun me an heal up.

at the start of the fight he would, stealth an stun, so i would in turn stun break, pacify/rebuke I'd get him near death an bam every time.. i gave up after about 5 trys

Any tips ?

Save your stun break for later in the fight.

Dont be afraid to Force Camo and run up to them. You can possition behind their cover and then leap to them. If you have that option.

You can not charge from any angle while a target is in cover.

lvl 50 watchmen, whit a few BM items

at the start of the fight he would, stealth an stun, so i would in turn stun break, pacify/rebuke I'd get him near death an bam every time.. i gave up after about 5 trys

Any tips ?

this is about the only class i have trouble whit.

Don't waste your pacify against an operative, all their big damage is tech and thus not affected.

lvl 50 watchmen, whit a few BM items

Any tips ?

this is about the only class i have trouble whit.

The SECOND I see any Ops come at me, I drop Cauterize on their *** and Leg Slash (the snare). This prevents them from stealthing away or trying to run away. Right when I'm done landing both of these, I will hit them with Crippling Throw to nullify their heals.

All 3 of these abilties work together in taking down an Op and without one of these, it's very very hard.

Once you've gone Cauterize -> Leg Slash -> Crippling Throw, this is where I lay down the pain. If the Op tries to channel anything between the hurtin I'm laying down, Force Kick him and wait for the next stun/channel. When he starts channeling once again, hit him with the Force Stasis and RIGHT WHEN IT'S ABOUT TO END, use Master Strike.

This is a huge damaging combo for an Op that has it's healing reduced, can't stealth away, and is interrupted every time he tries to heal himself or attack you.

While I agree killing an Op can be very hard and infruritating - if you approach the fight in a calm and sequential manner, you should be able to take him down.

It really is all about those 3 moves though.

Ahh, so there you have it. Watchman is not always superior to Focus in a one-v-one scenario.

For me playing Focus, even when they get the jump on me, I still feel like I have the edge. They seem to drop quicker than anyone else barring Sorcerers and Operatives.

As Focus spec the class I have most difficult with is a Mercenary speced healer. And for me they are the best class in Warzones.

Although my Consular seems to have no problem with them... it's a case of rock, paper, scissors.

This. For Focus spec, the merc speced healer is killer. I've heard people complain about sorcs, but with my focus spec, I can demolish sorcs 1 v. 1....most times I can take a 2 v. 1 if my defensive CDs are up.

I find with the merc specced healer you have to get them down to maybe 25-30 percent health and then you MUST use crippling throw to get the heal debuff. Then set up your force sweep and hope that 3.5-4k crit gets him down enough to finish him off with dispatch.

It'll always be a close fight, but if you mess up on your rotation, you will lose most times.

Ahh, so there you have it. Watchman is not always superior to Focus in a one-v-one scenario.

For me playing Focus, even when they get the jump on me, I still feel like I have the edge. They seem to drop quicker than anyone else barring Sorcerers and Operatives.

As Focus spec the class I have most difficult with is a Mercenary speced healer. And for me they are the best class in Warzones.

Although my Consular seems to have no problem with them... it's a case of rock, paper, scissors.

Actually it is.

That is all.

This is what i notice good powertechs do, and it make it a pain in the *** to beat them.

1. They try to burst me down as fast as possible without conserving ammo to force me to pop saber ward as soon as possible

2. As soon as they see me pop rebuke (early in the fight), they stun/kite me to wear it off (I have to save trinket for when they stun me to prevent guarded by the force/undying rage)

3. I leap to them. They pop the shield which also removes snaring effect.

4. They pop their shield + health regen to counter my saber ward. Usually at this point my hp is lower than his.

5. They trinket my force choke

6. When i get low, they use the second stun on me. I pop trinket + undying rage. At this point, the fight is decided with the winner ending with really really low hp. However, if somehow they didnt use their first stun yet...I lose. They can burst me down from 20% to 0% in a single stun.

This. My hardest 1vs1 fight ever was against a power tech. and i won the fight with only 340 hp left.

definitely assassins/shadows.

Those are a pain in the *** to take down.

watchmen spec.

pop rebuke. get in 3 overload sabers and a burn. zen. merciless. 2 or 3 more rotations of this. once around 30% if zen is on and dots are good. force stasis then dispatch. /byebye assassin.

nah.

If I have to explain to you why Watchman is vastly better at 1v1ing than Focus, it's not worth the time.

Just think of a Watchman Sent vs. Focus Sent. It's not even a contest who will win.

Funny, I've beaten a lot of watchman sents and anni maras with a combat and with a focus spec. Don't down the spec's just because you only know how to maximize play with one of the 3 trees.

Funny, I've beaten a lot of watchman sents and anni maras with a combat and with a focus spec. Don't down the spec's just because you only know how to maximize play with one of the 3 trees.

I have playd all 3 specs extensively.

Watchman will beat Focus 1v1 if the skill levels of bot players are equal.

I have playd all 3 specs extensively.

Watchman will beat Focus 1v1 if the skill levels of bot players are equal.

Maybe, but focus does have advantages against certain classes. Watchman is the easiest of the 3 sentinel classes to kite. This gives the two builds with more anti-kiting tools an advantage in some situations, and it's why this Watchman trumps all though is nonsense.

Maybe, but focus does have advantages against certain classes. Watchman is the easiest of the 3 sentinel classes to kite. This gives the two builds with more anti-kiting tools an advantage in some situations, and it's why this Watchman trumps all though is nonsense.

Vodrin is a vile Marauder that plays on Vulcar Highway!

Wrong.

Force leap gets it's minimum distance reduced, you have force kick's cooldown reduced by 2 seconds and overload saber + cauterize in full watchman spec like the above guy said - Watchman wins.

You may be the aoe dps, wrackin up multiple crits from Force sweep in PVP. You can also mow through PvE with force sweep.

With that said, almost no class in the game can 1v1 a Watchman specced Sentinel (besides Ops, hate them). We are the 1v1 destroyers.

Edited by rakuenCallisto

With that said, almost no class in the game can 1v1 a Watchman specced Sentinel (besides Ops, hate them). We are the 1v1 destroyers.

I'd have to agree with this. I will drop many BMs in 1v1 pvp, with me having only ~200 expertise, and rest columi. You can argue about the skill level of the players involved, but well timed defensive CDs, burn heals, interrupts, and **** dispatch FTW. How many of you realize that you can usually force another player to pop their CC breaker by using awe first? Hit zen, immediately apply your 4 stacks of burns after, and hit them with stasis. Nothing like having to eat 6 seconds of critical burns one way or the other. They melt, you heal, it's awesome.

God, I love dispatch; it's an epic skill. So *many* stupid imps think they are going to get away with a stun + kite @ <10%, and I'm like "LOL NOPE"!.

One player on my server though, he found an extremely effective tactic against me in Alderaan. He'd stealth up, stun me and 3 shot me. Was extremely fast with it too. Even if had time to break the stun, he'd still have me @ 50%. I think that might be S/A? Tough guy to take down to. I won't claim to have him beat as I'm sure he's gotten me more.

What I find happening with the better imp players, especially the pre-mades, they would just swarm me with dps when I show up at their objective. Looking like a freaking creamsickle in columi makes it fairly easy to spot me & stun + stun + dps, means I don't often have a chance to hit GbtF and ****. My only tactic here is Camo to break target lock and then FL back in and AWE. 4 seconds of camo never gets me far enough away from the swarm to keep from dying. At least I can make them work for it.

What I find happening with the better imp players, especially the pre-mades, they would just swarm me with dps when I show up at their objective. Looking like a freaking creamsickle in columi makes it fairly easy to spot me & stun + stun + dps, means I don't often have a chance to hit GbtF and ****. My only tactic here is Camo to break target lock and then FL back in and AWE. 4 seconds of camo never gets me far enough away from the swarm to keep from dying. At least I can make them work for it.

This^

Bloody annoying, when you know that 1v1 you could destroy all of them. Or even 2v1 you could take out at least one of them...

Being CC locked from full hp to dead is never fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.