RD-12A Assault Chestguard

Zzzg

Yet another armor question, but I can't find a thread on this particular piece. I'm trying to figure out where this armor is found.

I saw it on a lvl 20ish trooper on Taris, and she said it was called RD-12A Assault Chestguard, and it is moddable. On the character it is blue with an orange/yellow Repbulic insignia and stripe. She couldn't remember where she got it, whether it was a quest reward or a drop from a heroic or FP.

I'd love to get something with that look for my commando, and am hoping it's not a quest reward I missed with my char.

Pretty sure it's from one of the heroics on Coruscant, Republic's Most Wanted iirc.

It's one of three different reward choices, all just recolours of each other (and the Esseles Trooper's chest piece).

Another one is the (I think) TD-7A Talon Chestguard. I've practically got a full set of that, from head to toe. Think I'm just missing gloves, boots and belt. So far all pieces I've found are moddable pieces, just like the chestguard.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for your help. I think it may also drop in the Esseles FP, because the boss mobs there drop lvl 11 items, and it is a lvl 11 item. However, I could never find it as a drop, but a friend of mine finally found one for sale on the galactic market, ha!

I do have the Republic's Most Wanted reward chestpiece, which, yes, is the same, just a different color. I like that particular look, and like having the different colors to change to, if I am willing to update the mods. :)

Thanks again!

RD-12A's chest pieces are world drops- so if you end up snagging one, consider it lucky!

Alternatively, try and force some luck. Unsecured Prototype Storage Cases should be the commendation reward option for getting one, since that'll give you the equivalent of a "blue" world drop at the proper level range. And those are available in the Corsucant Commendations Equipment vendors for 8 commendations each.

So in theory, given a steady supply of Corsucant commendations, you'd eventually snag it- along with all the other junk you'd pick up.