The Harbinger 45 min wait: should I start a new char elsewhere?

ForceFanatic

Well Harbinger is clearly the worst wait for the West Coast. The others are only like 5-10 mins. I just don't want to deal with this wait everyday. I just tweeted to Stephen asking for advice.

no doubt he will tell you what I and others have told you.

3 Shards

Unofficial Oceanic PvP Shard: ‘The Swiftsure’

Unofficial Oceanic PvE Shard: ‘The Harbinger’

Secondary Oceanic PvE Shard: ‘The Jekk'Jekk Tarr’

I wont be so brash as to say don't roll there just understand that a lot of English speaking Oceanic players will be on these Shards clogging your tubes and we have Platypi don't mess with us.

and there is more then you would think.

These server are only going to get worse as EGA goes on and on release they will be far worse.

If you are not invested in your character or do not play late night and early morning I would suggest re-rolling on a new server.

Okay thanks Saithene. I was just thinking maybe they would be increasing server populations when maintenance happens tonight, perhaps...

They might but there are still many AUS/NZ players not in the EGA yet, myself included, I put off preordering until there was no chance of a surprise Oceanic release, and plenty of other Oceanic player have done the same, or shopped around for the best deal they could get.

I see. So has BW said there will be no Oceanic servers at launch? That seems like a bad decision, especially for me apparently lol.

Certainly in hindsight. If the Harbinger was a dedicated Oceanic server, I imagine there'd be a lot less West Coasters on it, and the load would be a little more balanced...

The problem I see right now is all of the PVE servers have a queue.. They need to start opening up more PVE servers before the 20th or this is going to get really bad. Also what happened to the Central and Mountain servers they had during beta?

I see. So has BW said there will be no Oceanic servers at launch? That seems like a bad decision, especially for me apparently lol.

Edit: I'd rather not have to play levels 1-11 again but I will if I must.

Play on a West Coast server, you shouldn't have a prohibitively high ping. I remember an Australian player making an Oceanic community thread picking out two servers specifically for Oceanic players, you may want to search for that thread.