Retiring from Maurader till they are fixed...

Marsus

Honestly I dont need anyone saying LTP. I have been in here since early beta and have played on my maurader. But I am tired of being gimped in pvp. In warzones I ma very active and still get out damaged by almost every ranged profession. I though that Mauraders were glass cannons, but they are midle of the pack damage dealers, and are defense is so weak we get targted primarily on the outset of every fight. When is Bioware going to wake up and either increase melee damage for us or decrease ranged damage. I am playing on a bh right now and the damage they do is so dumb. All I have to do is push like 4 buttons on my bh and be top damage dealer in every warzone I play in. Mauraders have to have like all three toolbars stacked up with buttons to be even somewhat decent in damage. I am sure I will get some comments like good riddance or LTP, but honestly Mauraders in this game are weaker than any other class and harder (when it coems to quickslots) to play than any other class. I am not looking for a handout like make mauraders op, but if they truelly are damage dealers than make it so, and fix them already.

Good luck to all of you who are sticking it out, I hope Bioware will show you some love soon, but for now I cant take it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont really see how this is possible, i destroy anyone in warzones. I am rage spec'd and my average is about 25-30 kills and a maximum of 4 deaths. I deal out over 100k damage every warzone as well. Being awarded countless medals. There is nothing they need to fix, you just need to learn how to play your class better. I am a 39 Marauder btw.

Dont really see how this is possible, i destroy anyone in warzones. I am rage spec'd and my average is about 25-30 kills and a maximum of 4 deaths. I deal out over 100k damage every warzone as well. Being awarded countless medals. There is nothing they need to fix, you just need to learn how to play your class better. I am a 39 Marauder btw.

He is in the 50's Bracket i believe.

i rampaged the one i was in @ lvl 47. I did somewhere around 200k dmg and like 30k healing. 22 kills 1 death.I was in Civil war.... Thats with ZERO pvp experience also

people here are utter stupid... totally disregarding the meaning of the poster.

Seriousily, when you played marauder you will understand that it lacks:

1) damage

2) cc

3) tank

Since marauder are dps dealer - it should be a glass canon. So it doesn't need tank. What about damage? Compared to a merc, sorc, or assassin - it deals much lower damage and work required is much much more.

I am also a maruader. LV 50 with full champ gears. Avg damage - 250k per match but I have to say it requires so much work that it gets frustrating that other class such as sorc - who doesn't need full pvp gear can achieve that easily.

My 2 cent.

Edited by Gamblre

people here are utter stupid... totally disregarding the meaning of the poster.

Seriousily, when you played marauder you will understand that it lacks:

1) damage

2) cc

3) tank

Since marauder are dps dealer - it should be a glass canon. So it doesn't need tank. What about damage? Compared to a merc, sorc, or assassin - it deals much lower damage and work required is much much more.

I am also a maruader. LV 50 with full champ gears. Avg damage - 250k per match but I have to say it requires so much work that it gets frustrating that other class such as sorc - who doesn't need full pvp gear can achieve that easily.

My 2 cent.

This is where I am going with my post thank you. Mauraders should be top damage dealers in almost every warzone. I do adamage in warzones usually arounk 200k, but sorc, BH, commando, assasins, and smugglers usually top my damage. Hell I have seen sorc get over 300k damage and like 150k healing. That is like the best of both worlds. Honestly theres no one here that thinks one class should do like 300k damage and over 100k healing in one match is there?

He is in the 50's Bracket i believe.

i rampaged the one i was in @ lvl 47. I did somewhere around 200k dmg and like 30k healing. 22 kills 1 death.I was in Civil war.... Thats with ZERO pvp experience also

You can do this already with a lvl 20 or even lower lvl as a powertech/vanguard :D

Edited by BobaFurz

Damage rating on WZ charts means nothing. The nature of their class makes this possible. AOE's, and just being ranged lets them sit out of the battle and deal damage.

Marauders on the other hand will WRECK any class you set your sights on. You just have to play smart. See that Sorc raining death down on people? Charge his *** and you will wreck him. See that healer over there? Charge him and you will wreck him. You basically are the class that takes out the key players on an enemy team.

Now if you rage spec, that slightly different, its more AOE damage then single target damage which in my opinion is not where this class shines in when it comes to pvp. Single target death is what we do best.

If you play smart, marauders are a game changing class.

QQ wah wah we dont top the damage charts all the time!!! Does not matter, you are a killing machine that the enemy fears when you are on top of them.

http://i40.tinypic.com/i1abu0.jpg (this match was epic btw, I used my predation, undying rage, saber ward and cloak of pain and I just scored the last point in huttball in less then 15 seconds, the score became 3-3 and my team got the ball when the game ended)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vj4br4.jpg

This is after 1.1.3 patch, solo que

Btw, I can easily solo 2v1. Or atleast I can keep them attacking me long enough so my team can score in Huttball, take a turret in Alderaan or plant the bomb in Voidstar

/thread and l2p

Edited by WokeSmeed

http://i40.tinypic.com/i1abu0.jpg (this match was epic btw, I used my predation, undying rage, saber ward and cloak of pain and I just scored the last point in huttball in less then 15 seconds, the score became 3-3 and my team got the ball when the game ended)

Btw, I can easily solo 2v1. Or atleast I can keep them attacking me long enough so my team can score in Huttball, take a turret in Alderaan or plant the bomb in Voidstar

/thread and l2p

Did you got any heal support and/or guard ?

Edited by BobaFurz

/thread and l2p

LOL for every pic you post where you were top damage im sure plenty of us could show you more pics where mauraders were way down the list in top damage. So dont post a couple of screenshots and say l2p. The majority of us know Maurader is gimped, the rest are in denial.

LOL for every pic you post where you were top damage im sure plenty of us could show you more pics where mauraders were way down the list in top damage. So dont post a couple of screenshots and say l2p. The majority of us know Maurader is gimped, the rest are in denial.

Actually, your post suggests that there are a few outstanding marauders; the rest suck.

If there are people who can show that Marauders can do amazing then it isn't the class.

If there are people who can show that Marauders can do amazing then it isn't the class.

AMG, kiba joined in the arguement!

Seriously though, if marauders get buffed more than maybe some small fixes and a bump to carnage, things are gonna be ugly. There isnt a single class I feel weak against except maybe an op who gets the jump on me, but that's as it should be. Other than that, my marauder feels godlike in level 50 pvp.

So, do you guys with such high numbers in the charts are getting heal or/and guard support or do you reach such numbers just solo ?

At lvl 40 my average numbers are 140k without support, sometimes less sometimes more. This varies of course. With occasional heal support my highest was ~240k. With full heal support, aka private healer, it would get even higher, but never had such a situation so far.

Edited by BobaFurz

I'm just curious here...

How many of our facemelting marauders have alts that are equally geared, and what type of numbers they put up on those classes?

I'm guessing that most do more damage with another class.

The only classes I've seen that put out more raw damage are snipers and sorcs - and really then only in huttball. When they cant exploit the high ground, I roll over them without thinking 2x.

The only classes I've seen that put out more raw damage are snipers and sorcs - and really then only in huttball. When they cant exploit the high ground, I roll over them without thinking 2x.

Ya I know what your saying, they go down easy if you can get in range and solo, problem is huttball really, those rafters are a %^&*.

But I know what our damaqe numbers are like against an equally geared opponent (mostly), but what I am curious about is what kind of numbers the same player can put up on another class.

It is hard to tell how skilled those snipers/sorcs/BHs are really since their class is easymode.

But if we could get info from a well played marauder who has an alt dps class, (assuming he is just as skilled playing a sniper/sorc/bh etc...) I would love to know what kind of numbers he puts up.

A good player is gonna score well regardless of his class, but if that same player can do more damage as another class why play the marauder? (other than the fact that it is fun and challenging)

lolbye

edit: ok i had to post a mild note about what you said about the pictures. showing pictures of people who can't play mara doesn't "disprove" the point people are trying to make when they show pictures of people who can. it just shows that the people who can't play marauder well.....can't play marauder.

Edited by Sayc

If the class was gimped no one would be able to pull ahead. That argument is just undeniable.

I can decimate every class in a straight 1on1 although vanishing operatives are dangerous. Being able to win so many 1on1's though is more then I can ask for, that isn't a sign of balancing right there.

My group utility for pvp is off the charts, the amount of time I can buy even vs a full warzone bashing on me is uncomparably.

He isn't even hard to play, there is just a lot you need to know about other classes in order to really excel.

Once you know that then you have an answer to about every move.

But go ahead cry for buffs in the end it will only benefit me ;)

If the class was gimped no one would be able to pull ahead. That argument is just undeniable.

I can decimate every class in a straight 1on1 although vanishing operatives are dangerous. Being able to win so many 1on1's though is more then I can ask for, that isn't a sign of balancing right there.

My group utility for pvp is off the charts, the amount of time I can buy even vs a full warzone bashing on me is uncomparably.

He isn't even hard to play, there is just a lot you need to know about other classes in order to really excel.

Once you know that then you have an answer to about every move.

But go ahead cry for buffs in the end it will only benefit me ;)

you can't dominate assassins/shadows because they just stealth away when you're winning