Out of Hotbar space .. not enough slots for all your skills...nice!

WutsInAName

I find it pretty awesome that your expanded companion ability bar BLOCKS YOUR *********** KEYBINDS FROM WORKING if you've keybound abilities to the bar that gets hidden.

This is also a PITA, it works other way too in comp. bar shurnk you cant use keybinds that dont show.

I use to pwn around lvl 25ish with Andy by using our AoE's stacked could 2 shot entire groups. Can't even use his AoE's as it is I keep em turned off now.

I find it pretty awesome that your expanded companion ability bar BLOCKS YOUR *********** KEYBINDS FROM WORKING if you've keybound abilities to the bar that gets hidden.

Example: I have alt-1, alt-2, etc bound to various worthless melee moves (I'm a sage) on my left ability bar. If I have my expanded companion ability bar enabled, hitting alt-1 DOES NOTHING.

The companion bar not only visually blocks the entire ability bar, but also blocks the keybinds for that bar.

That is indeed pretty awesome. I call it a feature.

Regarding the OP's issue, I think shadow is looking at 42 class abilities. With a few more slots for usable items and consumables, it's easy to see how he lacks room for things like quest items.

There are obviously workarounds. Opening windows to use abilities. But it's quite feasible that he's running out of space to hotbar the abilities he wants to use.