Bioware told me to leave losing WZ's

Tdain

I don't hate quitters in WZ - not at all. I admit to quitting and explain why. The interesting thing is that I almost never left a losing WZ prior to Valor 60 since the game rewarded me with commendations, valor etc. There was value in staying pre 60, win or lose. But post 60, the system tells me to focus on wins only, so I do.

Impact 1 - I focus on the WZ objective and don't farm commendations.

Impact 2 - I leave losing WZ's and requeue.

No judgment, just a comment on the design.

Yeah, seriously disregard the blind haters. Your analysis is spot on.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dailies are supposed to be fast. Doing 6+ warzones every day =/= fast.

Show me in the printed paper you signed where "dailies" had any sort of time limit on them? I did my heroic Mode daily last night. It took me over an hour, closer to an hour and a half. Yup,we chose FE to start off.

So again, your full of poodoo when you say, "dailies are supposed to be fast". No, no they aren't they are supposed to be "dailies" and nothing more/less IE a repeatable quest so you can earn money, commendations and/or still progress with gear outside of raiding or PVP.

Relax amigo... We are talking about the reward structure and the actions it encourages:

1. The system for BM's encourages you to complete the daily and that means wins.

2. The system for pre-valor 60 encourages you to farm commendations.

I am curious, do you have the same rage against all the commendation farmers (a large, perhaps majority, of folks playing 10-49) as well?

I'm not raging, just pointing out that the quitters are douches, pure and simple. You can attempt to justify it however you want, but it still boils down to the fact that you don't want to try unless an easy win is handed to you. I don't care about commendation farmers, because they at least contribute something to the team. By quitting all you are doing is discouraging everyone who comes in behind you of queuing up for WZ. Less players will mean longer queue times for everyone.

How. It takes me ~1 hour to do my warzone daily, which is an average of 3 wins out of 5 games. 9-10 games would take 2 hours. You can't get 3 wins in 2 hours? 2 hours is a long time?

That IS fast. Cry more.

If we only all played on your server, and faction....

I don't hate quitters in WZ - not at all. I admit to quitting and explain why. The interesting thing is that I almost never left a losing WZ prior to Valor 60 since the game rewarded me with commendations, valor etc. There was value in staying pre 60, win or lose. But post 60, the system tells me to focus on wins only, so I do.

Impact 1 - I focus on the WZ objective and don't farm commendations.

Impact 2 - I leave losing WZ's and requeue.

No judgment, just a comment on the design.

Imagine if Henry Ford stopped at the model M....:eek:

As the title says - Bioware told me to leave losing WZ's... As a Battlemaster, their system wants me to focus on wins and losses, nothing else. No use for commendations, no use for valor, etc... All they want me to focus on is completing the daily and weekly, which only means winning.

The positive aspect of this design is that I always focus on winning and not maximizing commendations and valor like they told me to do before Rank 60. Post rank 60, I only focus on winning. But if it's clear that my team is going to lose or I enter a match already down 2-0 for example, Bioware wants me to leave ASAP and requeue (no penalty for leaving of course).

So, I play the game they have designed and do my best to win and leave a WZ that looks like an incoming loss and requeue because that's what Bioware tells me to do.

absolute proof of the inherent selfishness of man(in the general sense)......

I'm not raging, just pointing out that the quitters are douches, pure and simple. You can attempt to justify it however you want, but it still boils down to the fact that you don't want to try unless an easy win is handed to you. I don't care about commendation farmers, because they at least contribute something to the team. By quitting all you are doing is discouraging everyone who comes in behind you of queuing up for WZ. Less players will mean longer queue times for everyone.

bill gates quit college to start microsoft

rodney dangerfield quit selling aluminum siding to be a comedian

harrison ford quit carpentry to be an actor

jesus quit carpentry to be jesus

i dont consider any of them to be "douches"

absolute proof of the inherent selfishness of man(in the general sense)......

I don't understand your analysis. Are you arguing that I should play a WZ for your benefit at the expense of my own? Or should I be raging at the commendation farmers who don't care about the win, when I am playing 100% for the team victory? Or does that mean raiders should take fresh 50's into end game content to get them better gear while it causes more wipes and longer runs? That's a hard sell my friend...

On the contrary, I am suggesting the need for a better reward system that creates synergy between the rewards and the behavior you want to encourage.

Fair enough - then you are saying that you play for fun, in spite of the reward/design mechanics. Good for you. Perhaps you will also show up a job you really enjoy, but not need to be paid...

I am only pointing out the system design.

people take jobs they enjoy even if the pay is less all the time. you only don't get "paid" if you don't actually enjoy the pvp.

you're going to a job you don't enjoy and not getting paid for it(joining a game and losing from your perspective).

it certainly makes sense, just don't say bw is forcing you when you're the one playing a game you don't even like.

Edited by zeroburrito

All this is apparently going away soon. Weekly Q&A posted calls the daily/weekly pvp quest system and bags "interim" and going away soon.

Definitely for the best, OP is right on that the only incentive given in this system was wins. If the quests had been "earn x valor in warzones/Ilum" and valor scaled both with win-loss and duration of the game it would have been more sensible and people wouldn't have rage-quit every loss.

Again, another case of just fundamentally poor incentive design, nothing more or less.

Honestly, anyone that disagrees with the OP is obviously not Battlemaster yet lol. There's truelly no reason to stick around in an obvious warzone loss. Who needs Valor? Who needs Commendations? Nobody pas rank 60 does that's for sure. So there really isnt any incentive to stick around.

I personally never quit warzones simply because I enjoy the PVP win or lose and it's not all about the "phat lewtz" to me. But I'm a dieing breed. And the OP is right, there really is NO reason to stick around in a losing warzone other than to just not be considered a "quitter".

All this being said...I'm pretty sure they are changing the entire system come 1.2 in March.

Edited by xNonphixionx

Didn't read past the first post, but they are changing the token system. You will soon be buying armor pieces with warzone and merc commendations. There will be no win farming to get bags for pieces and comms.

Check upcoming patch notes. Maybe not next patch but one of the upcoming ones. I think its in the Q&A post.

Exactly.

A level 50, with 60+ Valor, but not full BM gear, is after 1 thing and 1 thing ONLY: WINS. Because the only way, in game, to get BM gear bags is wins from dailies.

Fun of PVP'ing isn't a reason for playing?

Why do you people even pay to play, then?

Honestly, anyone that disagrees with the OP is obviously not Battlemaster yet lol. There's truelly no reason to stick around in an obvious warzone loss. Who needs Valor? Who needs Commendations? Nobody pas rank 60 does that's for sure. So there really isnt any incentive to stick around.

I personally never quit warzones simply because I enjoy the PVP win or lose and it's not all about the "phat lewtz" to me. But I'm a dieing breed. And the OP is right, there really is NO reason to stick around in a losing warzone other than to just not be considered a "quitter".

The reason is to enjoy the game. Getting phat lewtz isn't the only way to enjoy the game.

PVP'ing is part of enjoying the game, win or lose. If it's only fun to win, I really feel sorry for a lot of folks. Life has an incredible amount of loss - and with it, suffering - ahead for them.

As the title says - Bioware told me to leave losing WZ's... As a Battlemaster, their system wants me to focus on wins and losses, nothing else. No use for commendations, no use for valor, etc... All they want me to focus on is completing the daily and weekly, which only means winning.

The positive aspect of this design is that I always focus on winning and not maximizing commendations and valor like they told me to do before Rank 60. Post rank 60, I only focus on winning. But if it's clear that my team is going to lose or I enter a match already down 2-0 for example, Bioware wants me to leave ASAP and requeue (no penalty for leaving of course).

So, I play the game they have designed and do my best to win and leave a WZ that looks like an incoming loss and requeue because that's what Bioware tells me to do.

Well true , dont matter a thing to us , i actually kept playing till i got 65 so i could get the car , but now i only play if my team shows skill , i dont mind weak players on my team , but i wont stand for noobs ever.

All this is apparently going away soon. Weekly Q&A posted calls the daily/weekly pvp quest system and bags "interim" and going away soon.

Definitely for the best, OP is right on that the only incentive given in this system was wins. If the quests had been "earn x valor in warzones/Ilum" and valor scaled both with win-loss and duration of the game it would have been more sensible and people wouldn't have rage-quit every loss.

Again, another case of just fundamentally poor incentive design, nothing more or less.

Very well said. Requesting a system with a proper incentive design doesn't take away from all the people who pvp for the shear joy of it - it only enhances the experience. Let's hope the new system gives proper thought to the behavior they want to encourage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.