What are things that baddies do that make them terrible PvPers?

Thuull

Make a list...what are the things you see people do in PvP that are just plain stupid and make them bad?

1. Stun the enemy ball carrier 5m from the end zone when there's not a chance their going to be killed in that time, guaranteeing the score.

2. Fight away from the nodes, ignoring the stealther who swung around behind to cap right in front of God and everybody.

3. Walk away from an otherwise undefended node.

4. Focus on trying to kill the ball carrier when the tank next to him has him guarded, the healer next to the tank is healing away, and you and one other guy are the only ones there to deliver damage.

5. As a tank class - not using guard or taunts because you can't be bothered with the extra keybinds.

6. Mindlessly zerging a well defended node by yourself, somehow thinking that trying the same thing over and over again is going to provide a different result.

7. Being a hero - trying to carry that ball across to the end zone when you have 4 people on you, and there's a friendly standing there in the end zone ready to catch the pass.

Yours?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not passing the ball to the 3 people on the ramps ready to take it and score.

As mentioned before:

Players who run into an enemy group, (usually 4 or 5) alone and expect something good to happen. I honestly don't know what the sweet hell goes through their minds.

"1. Stun the enemy ball carrier 5m from the end zone when there's not a chance their going to be killed in that time, guaranteeing the score."

why in the world would you complain about that? Happened many a time where the BC was stunned near the goal..then pulled back or knocked back into the pit.

complaining because they used their stun as if it HELPED them score...good lord

Walk away from an otherwise undefended node.

This. I lost count of times when i am the only guy who protects east turret. Ans since I suck a t PvP and happened to play a hard to master class (marauder) a turret guarded by me is pretty much yours for taking.

Sure, I ask for "1 more to def with me" but no one ever listens until its too late.

Edited by Gelious

My biggest issue? Not interrupting a healer when healing, let alone focusing down a healer. Or those who are actually defending ON the node, but chooses to attack the player 10 meters from it, instead of the one ninja capping it right next to him. =/

6. Mindlessly zerging a well defended node by yourself, somehow thinking that trying the same thing over and over again is going to provide a different result.

Only thing I can say about this one is that if the person can keep 4 people on one node that would make less people on the other nodes.

Here's mine:

1. Sorc's that forget to keep their bubble up and get face planted over and over by stealth classes.

2. DPS that continually try to kill people getting heals rather then witch to the healer

3. Having more then 3 healers in huttball that do nothing but heal, so we can't actually kill anything but everyone still tries to play "offensively" rather then group up n hold.

4. Snipers dropping cover in melee range of a large group of enemies and not expecting to get destroyed

5. Operatives trying to run the ball from mid to goalline...

6. Lvl50 toons with 11k HPs in WZ's, check their gear, they have lvl 40 greens with defense stats (absorb) as a sniper

7. Ilum groups of 20+ chasing 3 people all the way to the enemy spawn where there's a full ops group of enemies waiting.

8. People who cry/yell in /ops usually insulting the rest of the team, or people who say "gg" in civil war when we're down by 10 points

"1. Stun the enemy ball carrier 5m from the end zone when there's not a chance their going to be killed in that time, guaranteeing the score."

why in the world would you complain about that? Happened many a time where the BC was stunned near the goal..then pulled back or knocked back into the pit.

Because the majority of the time their resolve bar gets filled, which means that the guy behind about to do a pull gets an "Invalid Target", or the guy in front about to do a knockback which would otherwise put the ball carrier into the pit does nothing.

If someone is in a position to get that guy away from the end zone, stunning the guy first does not help, and more often than not will result in him having any subsequent cc not work at all.

1. Stun the enemy ball carrier 5m from the end zone when there's not a chance their going to be killed in that time, guaranteeing the score.

To have an ally force pull them away? Doesn't sound like a bad tactic to me. It just needs to be executed fully. :)

If you stun them near the goal and fill their Resolve bar, they CAN'T be knocked back or pulled into the pit, thus preventing people from stopping the score.

You may think it's a bright idea, but everyone also thinks it's a bright idea at the same time, making it a really, really terrible idea.

3 people hit the ball carrier w/ stuns at the goal line, and I can't grapple him into the pit anymore because they wanted to be "heroes".

Stop it. You're NOT helping.

I think he is talking about when people fill his resolve bar with stuns instead of pulling him or knocking him back.

Happens to me A LOT .

its like...o nvm..I coulda pulled him..but you had to stun him in the knee and give him a full white bar so now he can walk to our goal line laughing at all of you.

heres one

>. When the ball is thrown to a sniper and instead of passing or running the ball they sit their in cover.

O here's another one..

When the ball handler passes to the guy on the fire pit -_-

1. Stun the enemy on the ramp up to the catwalk, completely filling their resolve bar so they can't be stunned, pulled, or knocked back when they're actually ON the catwalks when it would be helpful.

2. Spamming AoE damage abilities after a bomb has been set. Not only is it too little too late, but it's also the time when they should be using every CC in their book to lock down the defenders so somebody can diffuse the bomb. It also has a 100% chance of screwing any Smuggler/IA out of using their mezz to create that window.

3. Fighting in the pit when the ball carrier is no longer down there.

4. Chasing down kills 3v1 or 4v1 halfway across the map, leaving a turret sparsely (or completely) undefended.

Because the majority of the time their resolve bar gets filled, which means that the guy behind about to do a pull gets an "Invalid Target", or the guy in front about to do a knockback which would otherwise put the ball carrier into the pit does nothing.

If someone is in a position to get that guy away from the end zone, stunning the guy first does not help, and more often than not will result in him having any subsequent cc not work at all.

yea i was referring to giving someone time to GET into position to do that, but i see your point if someone is already there

Make a list...what are the things you see people do in PvP that are just plain stupid and make them bad?

Yours?

1) Mock people on their team instead of trying to coach them.

2) Tell others how bad they are and how bad everyone else except them is instead of trying to help them improve their game play.

3) Overreact when something bad happens, rage at the rest of the team and demotivate them.

AND....in forum PvP

1) Make posts like the OPs.

If you stun them near the goal and fill their Resolve bar, they CAN'T be knocked back or pulled into the pit, thus preventing people from stopping the score.

You may think it's a bright idea, but everyone also thinks it's a bright idea at the same time, making it a really, really terrible idea.

3 people hit the ball carrier w/ stuns at the goal line, and I can't grapple him into the pit anymore because they wanted to be "heroes".

Stop it. You're NOT helping.

Ah, so then you mean you can't be the hero. :)

If you are setting up to do just that better make sure people are aware. It doesn't help when you expect people to read your mind.

Edited by Daeborn

Because white barring the ball carriers resolve bar is a very bad thing to do next to the goal. If you dont have enough dps to burn the ball carrier down by the time he comes out of your stun then the BC can then walk in without the chance of getting pulled back away from it.

I have this happen to me all the time as I line up to yank the BC away and down into the pit with grapple, some moron white bars the carrier and as the OP said and guarantee's the score for the other team.

Ah, so then you mean you can't be the hero. :)

If you are setting up to do just that better make sure people are aware. It doesn't help when you expect people to read your mind.

There's not really time to type out to Ops that "I'm running across the catwalk now and about to jump off and grapple the ball carrier into the pit, please don't stun him in this 3 second window that I have to make this work."

How about you just not stun him at the goal line unless you intend to kill him within that 4 seconds, because it is almost never a good idea.

Edited by Varicite

1. Not calling incoming or not calling it in time. Smart teams often send a stealthy in to distract the lone defender (see #2) while three or four others group up to charge. The defender, busy fighting the stealther, either fails to call incoming at all, or fails to stop fighting long enough to call incoming in a timely fashion. If you see a stealther or a lone attacker at your node, consider it a scout for a larger force.

2. Leaving a lonely little level 15 to guard a node all by herself. Hint: If you do this to me, I will abandon my post and join your zerg. Unless you're in a last ditch effort to salvage the game, leave at least two people guarding a door or turret. Sometimes in Voidstar you can get away with keeping a couple of floaters between the doors, but only if they're paying close attention to the less defended door.

3. Team leaders are too vague. In Civil War, if you say, two go left, the rest go mid, it's better than nothing, but it's not nearly as effective as getting two volunteers to go left. And sometimes you should abandon mid entirely and try for the sides. At least if you have the sides you can speeder directly to them when you die. Speaking of, use the side speeders when you're trying to get back to a side node you're defending.

4. People raging at their own team never does any good. If you ask me to defend, attack, or switch to a different node and attack, or pass the Huttball or whatever, I'll probably do it unless you've already proven you're an idiot. But if you call me an idiot and tell me to do something, I promise you, I'm gonig to do anything but what you're telling me to do. And most people will react the same way.

5. Not marking healers or not paying attention to the healers that the leader has marked. Free casting healers drives me nuts. I will always target them if you mark them, either to kill or cc, or if nothing else, harass them. Now, there are times when it's better to ignore the healer and go after something else. But even so, it's best to know at a glance who is healing.

6. Edit for one I forgot. Teams are too inflexible. If the first plan doesn't work (two left, rest mid is a great example of one that often fails because the enemy team expects it) be prepared to come up with a new plan on the fly.

Edited by maradigamer

they enjoy pvp in swtor

they think healers is a must in mmo pvp

they think gear advantage is a core of mmo pvp & should always be there

they think if their class has more options (utilities) than another class their class has higher skillcap & they r better than guy that play class with less utilities just becouse they play a better class

Edited by Sikihiro

This seems a little crazy to me..it may not help but it doesn't hurt either.you might be a bit mad..

2. Fight away from the nodes, ignoring the stealther who swung around behind to cap right in front of God and everybody.

3. Walk away from an otherwise undefended node.

4. Focus on trying to kill the ball carrier when the tank next to him has him guarded, the healer next to the tank is healing away, and you and one other guy are the only ones there to deliver damage.

5. As a tank class - not using guard or taunts because you can't be bothered with the extra keybinds.

If you are alone and hopelessly outnumbered why not? get some practice and data in...if you do have the option to get some more people than yeah this seems ill advised.

7. Being a hero - trying to carry that ball across to the end zone when you have 4 people on you, and there's a friendly standing there in the end zone ready to catch the pass.

Yeah passing needs to be used more...it is hard to practice it though since getting the ball isn't happening all the time.

Yours?

Take a step back from PvP or a while you might be getting too mad.

Those of you defending stuns at the goal line are just showing which side of this your on, learn to play.

I think the point was that the original post wasn't actually clear as to the reasoning and should be clarified. But I suppose instead of elaborating on the original point and finishing the half-completed thought as it was written, it would be easier just to be rude and make baseless assumptions.