People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

i h8 huttball and i will drop from the warzone when i get that one.also as a casual player i h8 going against premades so till bioware give me the option to skip huttball and not que against premades i will keep dropping warzones

Huttball can be fun if you work out the kinks. Sure there´s a few tweeks needed in the map design, but overall i find it very fun and enjoyable.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since a whole chain was apparently too offensive to "someone"... I guess I'll just have to reiterate my reiteration.

As long as the causes of players wanting to leave warzones is not aggressively addressed, then players will continue to do so. Attempting to force paying customers to do something they don't want to do, like being valor farmed as an example, is not the brightest thing to do when the market is full of competitors and some of them are free.

I have no idea who, "someone" is, either. Because, "someone" reported probably half a dozen or so of my posts. Probably the same, "someone" from yesterday. *shrugs*

My position stands firm as well. Quitter penalties and votekicks are definitely much needed and will fix a lot of things.

Edited by Nangasaur

Well since a whole chain was apparently too offensive... I guess I'll just have to reiterate my reiteration.

As long as the causes of players wanting to leave warzones is not aggressively addressed, then players will continue to do so. Attempting to force paying customers to do something they don't want to do, like being valor farmed as an example, is not the brightest thing to do when the market is full of competitors and some of them are free.

Well, if Bioware is not listening to its players, i´m gonna play this game as a filler til some of these "competitors" comes out.

Oh well. Since neither of us know who it was, surely they cannot feel personally offended.

Oh come now, of course "they" can. Which is why I edited it out and will probably end up getting another reminder when they edit this out after editing the edits they already edited.

Oh come now, of course "they" can. Which is why I edited it out and will probably end up getting another reminder when they edit this out after editing the edits they already edited.

I would think it would take a fairly thin skinned person to be offended by the word, "someone", don't you think? :)

I would think it would take a fairly thin skinned person to be offended by the word, "someone", don't you think? :)

Ha!

Welcome to the internet.

Okay... off to game, argue with you more tomorrow.

Night all! :D

Edited by SirRobin

People are leaving WZ one simple fact. We have got to the point we know who uses the exploits in the game. We see them we leave.

See full team of Commando's, and we leave. GRAV GRAV GRAV. 5 secs whole team is gone,

Doors are still able to be bugged from within, and patch did not fix them.

Heck. You join a pvp match. You see a score your down 4 to zip with 4 mins to go. Smart person would leave to find a better match or a new one.

This so called option to kick. Sure lets add another stupid option in game.

"I told you to pass" kick. doh rage kicks here they come

Lets just get this Straight and out of the way.

All PVP on any game will have people using expliots, cheats, hacks. The game is always slow to patch, and keep patches fixing them. Get use to it. Been like this since online gaming had pvp. Part of it.

Wish to cry about People leaving, just pre-form a group. Just remember game does bug some after match, and disbands group. Take a lot of time reforming groups. Better then crying on forums or in game. Just make a team be happy.

SO let me get this straight. People will be able to vote kick people from WZ's. So now premades are going to be able to kick known people they think suck or are under geared and those people are going to get penalized for sucking or not being geared? Sounds like a fair deal to me?

RIP SWTOR.

Yep. That about sums it up. Guess they're gonna learn the hard way.

Ha!

Welcome to the internet.

Okay... off to game, argue with you more tomorrow.

Night all! :D

Good call. Newborn is finally asleep. Other three kids are asleep. Wife just went to sleep.

Time for daddy to play his game and wait for the newborn to wake up at midnight to eat again.

I agree there needs to be penalties for leaving early. You get points win or lose, stay in the fight and learn from it.

Im a new level 50 and im getting owned in level 50 play. Went from finishing in top 3 every match, to lucky if i make it halfway up the list. i dont have all the good gear yet. but you cant get it if you keep quiting. find a buddy, get guarded and heal them or work with them. its not so bad. you just die in 3 shots instead of 20 :p but seriously, if you want better gear you need to stay in and learn from it. yea it sucks to lose, but its part of life.

Are you giggling, yet? :)

Actually, yes, it won't hurt me at all. I'm quite sneaky when I afk. But the tears from low levels and the gearless will be epic and of course I'm going to grief the bejeezus out of any team of mine that kicks people for being low level or undergeared.

player 1 - PASS.. PASS THE EFFING BALL YOU EFFING IDIOT

HUTT - Oh the ball carrier was just blown apart.

player 1 - HOLY EFFING NOOB WHY DIDNT YOU PASS YOU STUPID SOB

player 2 - I tried and got locked down

player 1 - BS YOU WERE NOT LOCKED DOWN I SAY U U EFFING SOB

player 1 - *Presses initiate AFK kick*

Rest of team *clicks yes*

player 2 - You may not queue for another x minutes due to being afk vote kicked.

Actually, yes, it won't hurt me at all. I'm quite sneaky when I afk. But the tears from low levels and the gearless will be epic and of course I'm going to grief the bejeezus out of any team of mine that kicks people for being low level or undergeared.
I definitely won't have any problems with not helping a team that blatantly griefs undergeared and inexperienced players by kicking them. I won't run off and do nothing, however. I'll work on my medals and maximize my valor gain best as possible.

I just don't see it happening nearly as often as folks are afraid it will. I could be wrong.

Edited by Nangasaur

I definitely won't have any problems with not helping a team that blatantly griefs undergeared and inexperienced players by kicking them. I won't run off and do nothing, however. I'll work on my medals and maximize my valor gain best as possible.

I just don't see it happening nearly as often as folks are afraid it will. I could be wrong.

Well I hope you're right, but I've seen it a lot in other games. And if you're wrong, it's going to get uuuuugly. Can you imagine what it will be like when someone yells, "Hey, why didn't you catch my pass?" And the other players says, "Because you vote kicked my level 14 alt last game."? Ugly.

I don't see a need for it on my server but I guess it's different elsewhere. The only reason I quit is when my team is full of brain dead carebears who think fighting in the tunnel off the node in Civil War when the Imps have 4 stealthers is "interception tactics". I don't think I deserve a penalty for not wanting to waste my time with idiots.

maybe if they would balanced teams better people wouldn't leave. I'm not going sit there and waste my time in a match I have no chance in winning. what do I get out of it?

maybe if the higher levels and higher valor ranks didn't groop together, the teams wouldn't be so unbalanced and people wouldn't leave. It's basicly exploiting, and I'm getting sick of being stuck against the same teams over and over while they own a server for the whole day.

Btw, Nangasaur, you were wrong. Blizzard still hasn't fixed the premade in the pug queues issue.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3382868589

Very sad. And I was thinking about checking WoW's raid finder for giggles while doing a bit of pvp.

Now now, there is no reason to bring reality into this. Well game time is over and even my youngest is almost four so I don't have to worry about those late night feedings anymore. If only Jug endgame gear wasn't so butt ugly, I might actually want to get more of it... blech. It would be nice if BioWare actually started taking the hacking, exploiting, and botting seriously. Is the take away here that that's "sanctioned behavior?"

Yeah, seven years later and they still have problems? Hehe... Sure a leave penalty or kick vote is going to make a huge difference. :rolleyes:

Edited by SirRobin

Now now, there is no reason to bring reality into this. Well game time is over and even my youngest is almost four so I don't have to worry about those late night feedings anymore. If only Jug endgame gear wasn't so butt ugly, I might actually want to get more of it... blech. It would be nice if BioWare actually started taking the hacking, exploiting, and botting seriously. Is the take away here that that's "sanctioned behavior?"

No, it's not sanctioned. I'm going to hunt them down personally and take a hammer to their computers. Hopefully I can eventually build up my resume and then wheedle my way into some sort of per-smashed-computer contractual deal with some MMO devs somewhere. :D

No, it's not sanctioned. I'm going to hunt them down personally and take a hammer to their computers. Hopefully I can eventually build up my resume and then wheedle my way into some sort of per-smashed-computer contractual deal with some MMO devs somewhere. :D

Well it all comes back to the cause doesn't it? Until you address the issues making players want to leave a warzone, they are still going to do it. Make the penalty so severe that they stay and what do you think is going to happen? They are going to magically decide to contribute?

Or will they try to "help" the match end as quickly as possible? Some seem to assume that its only one or two bad apples in the bunch. When its half the basket instead? Then its no longer the minority.

You can change the game but you are not going to change the people playing it. So instead of trying to make players let themselves be taken advantage of, and build lots of ill will toward the game in the process, how about you make it so there is less chance of that happening in the first place.

Of course this doesn't even bring up the particulars of how the voting would work. Simple majority or will there be a threshold? What sort of appeal will be available to the player through the mods?