What races would you like to see added in future updates and expansions?

Angel_of_Cain

I know this thread has probably already been put out there, but I figured I would put it out there anyway.

What races would the community like to see added in future expansions and updates? Me personally;

Rodian

Chagrian

Falleen

Cathar

Wookie (even though Wookie guardian or warrior would just unleash a wave of destruction)

Trandoshan

Togruta

Bothan

I would also like to see some different Zabrak Customizations (A Maris Brood style Zabrak)

Also, for you gnome lovers, any ideas for short races? the only ones that come to mind for me are:

Kushiban

Lennik

Chandra-Fan

Squib

Bimm

Drall

Just some thoughts. Let me know what races you would like to see added to the game.

I do know that some of the races cannot speak basic, and would probably be tricky to add in, but we can always hope.

the Voss race.

Ditto, along with Cathar, Bothan and Selonian.

No, I'm not a furry :p I just like the look of the Cathar and Selonians in this game. Since I picked two furry races, I figured I should throw in the third.

I think the Voss are a beautiful people but I would only want to play them if I could put the male eye color on the female and change the pattern styles and colors. I thought it was a shame all Voss males looked alike and females etc.

Thing is with this is that all the characters need to be humanoidish so that they don't need to redesign every piece of armour in the game and they need to be able to sound the same so they don't have to re record voices. So by that logic we obviously aren’t getting any playable wookies or jawas or anything anytime soon (unless the armour doesn’t physically affect the characters like with Bowdaar for example)...

That aside though I'd really love to be a Mon calamari, Trandoshan or Nautolan! (Also for short characters I'm thinking Ugnaughts all the way!!!!) :D

It would probably be too hard to insert some weird character that's non-humanoid in the main game...

But wouldn't it be cool for a side quest thing like the chocobo stuff from the FF series...

A wookie side quest or an ewok sidequest :)

I think the hard thing is using races that fit with the romance arcs, don't have major anatomical differences (armor/headgear wise), and would speak basic in a way that the voice actors' voices fit them.

My votes for expansion species are as follows:

Races already done and/or are romance options: (Bolded might have issues, but could feasibly make sense)

Cathar

Chagrian

Weeqway

Togruta

Kel Dor

Mon Calamari

Nautolan

Rodian

Bith

Sullustan

Nikto

Devaronian

Kaleesh

Advozse

Duros

Races from previous Kotor works, including the comics:

Nagai

Zeltron

Echani

Arkanian

Falleen

Races mentioned and are otherwise noteable:

Bothan

Anzat (long shot, I know)

I will add more as I think of them. Feel free to debate whether or not these options are possible.

Out of the "normal" humanoid-sized and shaped races I'd really like to see:

Wookiees

Trandoshans

Bith

Mon Cals

Quarren

Gran

Neimoidians

Rodians

Devaronians

Bothans

Caamasi

Duros

And it would be nice to one day see non-humanoids like:

BARABELS!

Noghri

Whiphids

Dug

Sullustans

Ithorians

....Hutts! Perhaps a Death Knight-like super class limited one per account?

Chadra-Fan

I understand why the races available are all basically from the same model with different exterior skins, but it doesn't make sense for a Star Wars game to only feature very human-looking races. Star Wars is notorious for its unique-looking races; it'd be nice to see some implemented in the future.

Greetings everyone!

Since we have an active thread on the topic on what the community would like to see in the future for playable races, and in the interest of consolidating feedback, we are going to close this thread and ask that you please continue your discussion here:

Future Playable Races [suggestion Thread]

Thank you for your understanding!