Can SWTOR replace SWG?

wrongfeifong

Both games are completely different. Just because the name "Star Wars" is in it the title doesn't mean anything. Was Tie Fighter vs X-Wing and Force Unleashed the same game? Could one replace the other? No because it's apples and oranges.

But ToR >>>>>>>>> SWG by a long shot. The only good part about SWG was all pre-nge and the community because we basically made the content since there was none. That is why most of us loved the game because we made it what it was. Then doing the nge just killed it. There was no rhyme or reason for it.

ToR by far is the better mmo version of Star Wars though in most aspects. IMO.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will. To be completely objective on it, it's been around for a long time and it's had a good run. The technology is outdated and there hasn't been new content made for it in a while. To be non-objective, I loved the game when I played, but now it seems stale to me. It's run its course and it will slowly wither away as the hardcore star wars fans start to migrate over to this new game. I think within the next year/year and a half, SOE will come out and say they're shutting down the servers.

Actually it will not slowly wither away. It's servers are being shut down as this title releases.

I never played SWG. I didn't care for the fact that there were jedi playable in the time period it was set in. It literally kept me away from the game. That being said...SWG from what I understand is/was a sandbox, swtor is a themepark. This has been an anchor for much debate.

That debate has made one thing clear, SWTOR can't replace SWG. It can however meet a demand. This time around I'll be dipping my toes into a SW MMO. See you all in game.