Huttball horrible as melee?

Ilianor

Hey guys,

I would like to know your opinion about melees especially Marauders in Huttball. Its horrible for me if the enemy team is full of inquis and BH which can knockback all the time.

Cheers

Edited by Ilianor

it's just to say that sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

I personally think that melee classes are annoying because i'm getting charged every odd second.

You think that I'm annoying becasue I knowk you off a catwalk. :)

that being said melee classes are slightly unfavoured in this (as well as other) mmo. Especially the melee dps that doesn't carry a pocket healer

Edited by Wisz_Rethon

1) Leap. Get knocked back. Use 10m Leap, Kill.

2) Walk up to the guy. Get knocked back. Leap, Kill.

3) Leap. Put your back to something safe. Get knocked back. Walk up while using 10m attacks, Kill.

4) Watch someone settle down in cover near the goal thinking he can snipe you with impunity down in the pit. Leap at him anyways and score. Profit!

Nope, don't think I have any issues. I love Huttball. I will admit that the second leap helps me quite a bit, so if you're not specced for it there's a bit more walking.

Only time it gets annoying is when I'm mid-leap when the knockback goes off targeting someone else, and I end up walking up a ramp. If you've got tons of people spamming knockbacks all at once, absorb them somewhere safe, and go attack with full resolve. I also don't like the knockback root - though if I'm not knocked entirely off a platform, a quick force stasis will solve the root problem by keeping my target near me while I wait.

Edited by shadowflit

3) Leap. Put your back to something safe. Get knocked back. Walk up while using 10m attacks, Kill.

4) Watch someone settle down in cover near the goal thinking he can snipe you with impunity down in the pit. Leap at him anyways and score. Profit!

Nope, don't think I have any issues. I love Huttball. I will admit that the second leap helps me quite a bit, so if you're not specced for it there's a bit more walking.

Only time it gets annoying is when I'm mid-leap when the knockback goes off targeting someone else, and I end up walking up a ramp. If you've got tons of people spamming knockbacks all at once, absorb them somewhere safe, and go attack with full resolve. I also don't like the knockback root - though if I'm not knocked entirely off a platform, a quick force stasis will solve the root problem by keeping my target near me while I wait.

This should be added to game manual, made sticky on forums and sold as Guide "How to PVP in Huttball"

From now on Im your personal sex slave

Hey guys,

I would like to know your opinion about melees especially Marauders in Huttball. Its horrible for me if the enemy team is full of inquis and BH which can knockback all the time.

Cheers

And now imagine how the melee that doesn't have move that ignores ledges feels.

Nice Theory but it doesn't work

1.) most of the time > 10m.

2.) Theres always 1vs1?

3.) While I walk up, they heal thereselfs or are doing massive dmg.

4.) works

I think you don't understand my meaning with this post. I have no problems in normal fights, I have problem if I wanna stop the ballholderand there are several people with knockbacks, what are you doing then?

Edited by Ilianor

I think you don't understand my meaning with this post. I have no problems in normal fights, I have problem if I wanna stop the ballholderand there are several people with knockbacks, what are you doing then?

Well, I gave a partial answer with building up resolve before fighting on catwalks. Sometimes the other team is very obliging while you're walking from center to the catwalks. But if you're asking how do I deal with 4-5 people on the ball all knocking back, I guess I rarely encounter that problem. Our team is knocking people off as well, so only the very first section might have that many. After that it's maybe 2-3 people on the ball, not all of whom have knockback so positioning works pretty well.

If I do get knocked off while chasing the ball handler (happens a lot, I agree) I try to time my leap to root the carrier on a fire pit, or if not them anyone handy.

Edited by shadowflit

The map design totally favours ranged classes...the map favours certain classes throwing people into the acid, fire and down from the catwalks.

Of course this map is horrible for melee since range has an advantage. Group pvp has already too many ranged classes who can target a melee class with a finger snip at 30m range, wheras dps melees have not really that great surviveability

Edited by BobaFurz

Hey we're assuming that this melee class has a great gap closer like force leap.

Try scoundrels/operatives who's only good gap closer is stealth (which usually never works in Huttball because it's slow and you're "in combat" a lot), and a talented slowdown. Put them anywhere near the cluster and they'll drop like flies.

The only thing they seem good for is picking off stragglers, but kill farming is bad so...

HOWEVER... if you team is coordinated, it can be an advantage to have stealth in order to go ahead and hang out at the endzone. The only thing I'm QQ'ing about is the actual combat.

Edited by Stenrik