Dots+voidstar=dumb

Wraithai

Isn't this the same in civil war when trying to cap the turrets?

To be honest the only way to safely ca, is focus on killing any enemies close by so that they will have to deal with respawning, then 1 person stays at the doors the others then proceed to stay around the middle and slow, knockback anyone that tries to interupt your capper.

And well yeah I agree dots are annoying those would have to be cleansed.

Looks like clearing DoTs is very hard for someone....L2P?

Oh plz, do you know how long the cd is on that sh it?

I agree with OP, its ridiculous, when you cleanse yourself (cant remember the actual ability name at the moment) you have the longest freaking cd ever, and its even greater when you get a DoT on you and then you kill the person who gave it to you, but you still have it, and you cant cap. W TF!?

Edited by Drahh

I can't cap because a guy can hit a spamable ability on me and my buddies.

Seriously, dots preventing bombs is very frustrating.

Anyone else thinks dots are OP on Voidstar?:cool:

Every game I play bombs are being armed and doors are being opened. So it must not be that bad..

thats what the other 7 ppl on your team are for ya know...

so other people purging me is a l2p issue eh? makes sense... id like to see you ask for a purge while trying to plant a door before reinforcements come or even in combat, even if you get it off only healers are the ones who pay attention to their teammates

so other people purging me is a l2p issue eh? makes sense... id like to see you ask for a purge while trying to plant a door before reinforcements come or even in combat, even if you get it off only healers are the ones who pay attention to their teammates

You raise a valid point.

In WoW I could view AND filter DoTs i could dispel via Grid and later the WoW UI.

As heals I have no way of knowing if you have debuffs that are cleanseable unless I target you and mouse-over your debuffs.

The UI may be more of an issue than the L2P thinking.

not all of us have purge. learn to think about what youre saying before you say it

If you play 1vs8 i would agree. But chances are high that there is someone around you with the ability to purge. I do this all the time. If the opposition is wiped out i purge everyone around the door. If this happens not to you, bad luck - bad team -that easy!

So as a sentinel I rush a turret with one or two defenders, wipe them out but the pyrotech with his dying breath puts a 15 second dot on me, respawns, takes time to buff himself, checks his reflection in the mirror and thinks 'ok i had better get back to that turret that silly sentinel with no purge thinks he is taking'. Fair? Of course it isnt. Lol at the l2p, thats what the other 7 are for idiots.

there, you said it

You raise a valid point.

In WoW I could view AND filter DoTs i could dispel via Grid and later the WoW UI.

As heals I have no way of knowing if you have debuffs that are cleanseable unless I target you and mouse-over your debuffs.

The UI may be more of an issue than the L2P thinking.

Yes, I find this frustrating. I only care about keeping track of my own HoTs and DoTs that I can cleanse. The UI in this game is just horrible for healing.

@OP:

If it's any consolation, I don't have a spammable DoT. Mine costs 20 energy, so if I cast it 5 times in a row, I'm hosed. I can't speak for other classes, but it seems unlikely that theirs are spammable. I could be wrong though. :p

Edited by belialle

There are two doors in Voidstar, and defender takes a while to respawn unlike Alderran. I've never had a problem capping the door in Voidstar due to dots. It's more of an issue in Alderran but that's mostly from the fact that defender gets back to side turrets way too quickly.

there, you said it

i said a few more things, you should learn to read some time

Yes, I find this frustrating. I only care about keeping track of my own HoTs and DoTs that I can cleanse. The UI in this game is just horrible for healing.

@OP:

If it's any consolation, I don't have a spammable DoT. Mine costs 20 energy, so if I cast it 5 times in a row, I'm hosed. I can't speak for other classes, but it seems unlikely that theirs are spammable. I could be wrong though. :p

as a merc my only dot has a 1.5 sec activation, 30 sec cd, and costs 33 heat which is a third of a my heat bar, definitely not spammable. my sorc on the other hand has two dots, one of which has an activation and cd, the other has neither and can be specced into a snare as well

So as a sentinel I rush a turret with one or two defenders, wipe them out but the pyrotech with his dying breath puts a 15 second dot on me, respawns, takes time to buff himself, checks his reflection in the mirror and thinks 'ok i had better get back to that turret that silly sentinel with no purge thinks he is taking'. Fair? Of course it isnt. Lol at the l2p, thats what the other 7 are for idiots.

Really can't say it better.

@OP:

Nice to know I'm not the only one frustrated by the UI as a healer (50 commando 42 Guardian)

NP keeping my healing Commando DoT free, but there is no way to know if a teammate has DoTs you can dispell without clicking on him >.< Sage/Src DoT is dumb.

Only in regards that it keeps someone from capping.

I would like to see only ACTIVE ablities persay to interrupt capping.

Tab+DoTs seems lame and gimpy.

Then again, I can't 8P