Merc healers are OP

Jabbb

STOP NERFING! If a class is op dont make that one less op by nerfing him just make eveyrone else up too par. You keep nerfing all the classes and nerfing abilities. WHY? players are always going to complain about certain classes being OP. Thats the name of the game. Make them all fair and balanced but dont go down or less go up and more!

No.

This is the perfect example of an armchair dev thinking he knows better.

If 1 our of 16 (or even 2 out of 16 if the imbalance coveres the mirror AC) is imbalanced you do not try to improve the other 14-15 classes by applying either 1 simple buff (the 14-15 AC's get +x% damage) nor by making many small changes to each of the abilities used by each of the 14-15 ACs.

Doing that is just asking for balance to be randomized. There's no way they can know in advance what that many balance changes at one time will do to the overall balance. And how many of you here in this thread regularly use the test server to test every planned change?

You want them to make dozens of balance changes in a single go and then shove it onto the live servers with the limited testing offered on a test server which is barely used (Bioware: For the love of God allow us to copy characters from live servers to the test server! I don't mind leveling to test specific things but I won't level a char on the test server manually just to test end-game content)?

No.

This is the perfect example of an armchair dev thinking he knows better.

If 1 our of 16 (or even 2 out of 16 if the imbalance coveres the mirror AC) is imbalanced you do not try to improve the other 14-15 classes by applying either 1 simple buff (the 14-15 AC's get +x% damage) nor by making many small changes to each of the abilities used by each of the 14-15 ACs.

Doing that is just asking for balance to be randomized. There's no way they can know in advance what that many balance changes at one time will do to the overall balance. And how many of you here in this thread regularly use the test server to test every planned change?

You want them to make dozens of balance changes in a single go and then shove it onto the live servers with the limited testing offered on a test server which is barely used (Bioware: For the love of God allow us to copy characters from live servers to the test server! I don't mind leveling to test specific things but I won't level a char on the test server manually just to test end-game content)?

And if a miracle happens and all the other 15 classes is brought up to be exactly the same power as the one strong class, the strong class will say they're now useless because every class is stronger, even though what they really mean is they no longer enjoy an unreasonable advantage. So you get the same amount of whining for way more work even if a miracle happens and everything actually worked as you planned.

yes i realize this is pre 50's only bracket, but the power of a merc healer cannot be denied.

not to mention the amount of damage a merc healer (lol) can output

btw i'm not calling for a nerf of any sort, but to say a merc healer is weak in any way is just ridiculous.

I'm a commando healer and I know that if any champion geared commando/merc healer achieve 500k healing in a WZ the other team is just dumb and is not focusing them, have 1 or 2 people focus you the entire time while you try to heal and tell me if you can do 500k healing.

Interrupts, CC, Knockbacks, -% Heal debuffs....yeah op, right. Play against a decent group and tell me if commando/merc is op.

One keeps forgetting about the armor rating. Sorcs have the lowest. Once ya primary a sorc, he's done healing. Barrier can last only for so long and it takes 30 secs to cast back on.

so if it takes 10 seconds to take it off, then 20 seconds before it goes back up, then the shield is dumping 33% of their damage, that is HUGE mitigation... if they cast it coming out of the box and run 10 seconds to get into combat that is 10 seconds of down time, for that cycle it is 50% mitigation

heavy armor does no such thing.

If looking at this from healing, the Mercenary/Commando healer is actually one of the weakest in terms of potency. Most of their heals have a long cast time or are channeled, they have the weakest AoE heal, and some of their buffs are only self-applied. Their healing prowess is lower then the other healers because Mercs/Commandos have the highest survival odds. They have proficiency with heavy armor, very effective shield boosts, and have one of the stronger HoTs that they can apply on the move. I have watched some of my friends who are Medics occupy groups of Imperials for quite awhile using their own heals and shields. Experienced Medics, when spec'd correctly, never have to worry about their Ammo consumption unless they are spamming their large single target heal.

Sorcerers/Sages do have the most powerful heals with one of the best buffs. Static Barrier/Force Armor, when buffed, can provide huge damage absorbing abilities, and their AoE heal has no limit to the amount of players it can effect. The trade off is that Sorc/Sages have to be more weary of their Force and are quite a bit weaker in terms of defense. Their weaker defense is a trade off for Whirlwind/Force Lift, Electrocute/Mind Snap, and Force Speed to escape combat.

TL;DR Mercs/Commando healers are fine the way they are in my opinion. They could be more effective in PvP than other healers but it isn't due to a higher healing potency.

amazing. As a commando healer, while being quite tough, i dont see how this class is overpowered. As soon as someone with the same gear is on me, i have to stop healing to sirvive. Plus with bubble on cd i am easy prey for every dd, ranged or melee.

My healing output, while quite something when undisturbed, is less than a sorcs. In PvE I have a hard time as soon as multiple people get damage. Same in PvP. As soon as Mercs / Commandos got more than average numbers, DoT classes could easily counterbalance that, since purging has cd and damage on mutiple targets is tough to handle. If not impossible.

Furthermore there is no healer class as vulnerable to interrupts. A well timed one shuts our healing down.

Chances are, if you cant bring down a merc or cpmmando, your gear is bad, your interrupts are badly timed and you are not able to stay on a target until its dead.

^^ What he said.

Mercs have three main heals. Two of those have cooldowns. Interrupt rapid scan and he is all but done unless he is using medpacks or can break line of sight.

Mercs also can't chain heal. Get in an OPS group and it is pure hell trying to keep more than one person alive. You simply build up too much heat if you have to keep healing nonstop. Mercs are tank healers. We can keep one alive until the cows come home. But to pull that off we have to be in a position to cycle heat. That means cast a few heals and use our auto baby heal to keep them tapped off or buy a few seconds to keep the heat down.

As for our AOE heal, it is pure garbage. It will heal only 3 people in its area of effect and it pure random who gets the healing. If you have 4 people in the AOE and one of them is almost dead, you can rest assure that will be the one person in the group who doesn't get hit by the AOE heal.

Merc also have crap for an escape option. A bubble that mitigates damage for 12 seconds. Hell, all someone has to do is stun us once the bubble is popped and light us up. And even with the bubble, all damage still slows our casting and movement.

Our bubble is less an "escape" and more a "delay the inevitable".

If looking at this from healing, the Mercenary/Commando healer is actually one of the weakest in terms of potency. Most of their heals have a long cast time or are channeled, they have the weakest AoE heal, and some of their buffs are only self-applied. Their healing prowess is lower then the other healers because Mercs/Commandos have the highest survival odds. They have proficiency with heavy armor, very effective shield boosts, and have one of the stronger HoTs that they can apply on the move. I have watched some of my friends who are Medics occupy groups of Imperials for quite awhile using their own heals and shields. Experienced Medics, when spec'd correctly, never have to worry about their Ammo consumption unless they are spamming their large single target heal.

Sorcerers/Sages do have the most powerful heals with one of the best buffs. Static Barrier/Force Armor, when buffed, can provide huge damage absorbing abilities, and their AoE heal has no limit to the amount of players it can effect. The trade off is that Sorc/Sages have to be more weary of their Force and are quite a bit weaker in terms of defense. Their weaker defense is a trade off for Whirlwind/Force Lift, Electrocute/Mind Snap, and Force Speed to escape combat.

TL;DR Mercs/Commando healers are fine the way they are in my opinion. They could be more effective in PvP than other healers but it isn't due to a higher healing potency.

Nope, Their AoE only hits 8 people max maybe 7. Was in a 16 man raid and all 16 didnt get hit by the AoE heal.

How are these people posting these crazy numbers for healing done 775k... Doesn't even make sense. Even free casting 500 seems around the max, unless your rolling full Rakata as biochem, and remain completely untouched through the entire match.

because in voidstar a lot of times ppl are huddled together, sorcerer's 31 healing talent is an aoe hot, so if everyone stood in it he gets crazy numbers like that.

it isn't really that good of heal outside of that warzone.

those who think big numbers == op are misguided.

edit: this is also another reason how you see dps sorcerers with crazy high dps numbers, it's always in voidstar where the room to move is small and players tend to clump up, and dps sorc/sages have the best aoe in the game. again this doesn't mean they are op, it just means they are the best at padding meters. imagine a 2 teams where on 1 team sorc/sages are aoeing their faces off, while on the other team, a sorc/sage is using that aoe heal. do you see how it just becomes a big circle jerk.

Edited by shaidarlol

How are these people posting these crazy numbers for healing done 775k... Doesn't even make sense. Even free casting 500 seems around the max, unless your rolling full Rakata as biochem, and remain completely untouched through the entire match.

I was in one match against a Repub team a while back with those kind of numbers. Combined their total healing was 1.5 million.

They had 4 dedicated healers and a couple of other players throwing in some heals to boot.

But their best healer was a sage and he / she pulled off around 700k.

How did they do it?

Simple too many healers. Our DPS couldn't CC or interrupt all of them or even come close to it.

It has been a while since that match, but I also had one of my best healing runs in that match as well. I want to say I hit around 365k.

And being only one of two healers on the Imp team, I received more than my fair share of CC and interupts. But of course when you face a team with that many healers, nobody is really doing any damage to your team members either so all in all I had less healing because I had less healing to do.

STOP NERFING! If a class is op dont make that one less op by nerfing him just make eveyrone else up too par. You keep nerfing all the classes and nerfing abilities. WHY? players are always going to complain about certain classes being OP. Thats the name of the game. Make them all fair and balanced but dont go down or less go up and more!

What takes more time and resources? Nerfing 1 class, or buffing a bunch of others?

I couldn't care less about the nerf this or that, but to say buff all the others but this one, is just a longer more complicated way of nerfing that one class.

Edited by Wekeltes