Preorder to PLAY

SnapFX

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say i love the burger king idea, unfortunately its not fast food more like a huge banquette event that opens it doors at a certain time, where the line into the event is when you pre-ordered, and the food is when you get it. you basicly have paid and have to wait in line to get your food. you dont know how long it will take you just know you will get in.

Half you all are just trying to justify the "Nerd Rage" for not getting into EGA early and waiting till the last minute when if you payed any attention to the game before launch it was very CLEAR that EGA would be staggered based on your pre-order date.

Its been said MANY times.

Case in point look at the tard who went and attacked store employees because he couldn't get his game early.

So you'll pick and cling to anything to try and point out that Bioware or someone else is at fault when in fact the only one at fault for you not getting EGA earlier was yourself for not pre-ordering earlier, AS WAS SAID, to get into EGA at the soonest possible time.

Really, if you took the time to research just a little but then you would have easily been informed that the early access was going to be staggered. I have known this forever!

And I should be pissed off, Gamestop messing up pushed me back into December. And yeah, I wanna start playing but this was not some big secret that was not announced many times.

You pre-ordered a game. As a bonus for pre-ordering, you get early access. That access is determined by the time and date you redeemed your pre-order code. It is really that simple folks.

And you were never told you would have five days of access. You were told, many times, that you would have "up to" five days. It looks like everybody should be in by tomorrow.

I see the whining has come back.....

I've understood from the start because I did read all the various posts prior to the forums being scrubbed. Doesn't change the fact that there are false advertising practices going on. It fast food so I better get my damn meal 5 minutes after I order it...not five days later. The analogy is full of fallacy.

If you understood from the start, then you knew it was staggered from the start, making any complaint about not getting in with everyone else absolutely moot.

Either way, no, it is not "full of fallacy." The fact that it is a fast food place is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what the establishment is. If you went to a fancy restaurant, you would not get your meal in 5 minutes. You would still be bound by the same principle. You will get your order when the orders ahead of you are done. When you order from Amazon. They are not going to drop all the orders ahead of yours and send yours out right away.

When you bought the pre-order, the conditions were that it was a staggered access and that you would get access in the order in which pre-order codes were registered just like your order at McBurger's will come to you in the order it was processed. The fact that people assumed they would get in right away is a meaningless bit of trivia.

Your ability to process logic is the problem here, not the analogy.

So let me get this straight...You're driving down the road and you see that on the McDonald's glass window is an advertisement that you can get 2 big macs for the price of one. So you enter the store and place your order only to find that you have been charged for 2 big macs...The clerk points down to the counter...and there's a little plastic advertisement thing sitting on the counter saying,"ha ha we just kidding about the two big macs." How would you feel?

that does not imply here.. no one has been charged extra for anything... lol..

and if that was the case i would return the product and get a refund from that local mcdonalds... like they are allowing you to do... your free to get a refund prior to launch... but once you use your codes.. and AGREE TO TERMS OF SERVICE... lol.. people just dont understand.. when emotions are involved... im not playing yet.. i preordered late nov.. but im not mad i knew for awhile its been posted since july the terms of early game access on MAIN SW:ToR site... just didnt have the extra cash with this late season game releases god seems like 1 game a month i was buying .. good stuff too!

I pre-ordered thru origin and paid the "pre-order" fee that was spelled out during the purchase confirmation, what exactly i was getting.. Digital copy of game... Early game access and a color crystal... terms of early game access.. on main site..

It's misleading, I admit. I was misled by the language - but I have "misleading language radar" and looked into it.

"Up to 5 days early access" may have been true before December, but for those who ordered recently that obviously wasn't a possibility.

UP TO 5 days is possible until 12/20 in case you didn't know. UP TO means it could be 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or 5 days.

If a judge sentences you to UP TO 5 years in prison are you going to whine like a spoiled little child when they let you out after 1 year?:rolleyes:

It isn't false advertising, but it is shady advertising. BW actions are demonstrative of a company that is so wrapped up in the bottom line and these benchmarks they have set for themselves that they seem to have forgotten the greater picture of the customers.

If you read back through their posts on the matter (as infrequent as they may be), you can see that their focus is on, in no particular order, the servers. That's it. To me it's too much of an obsession about whether there will be too many servers, and whether or not server stability will be 100% A++ all through full release that it's affecting their capacity to provide a service so many people have paid in advance to use.

I will guarantee you that the servers will suffer issues over release. I will guarantee you that at some point there will be "under" populated servers and BW will feel that they have to merge (they shouldn't) and I guarantee there will be servers that are literally busting at the seams and because of that there will be wait times with queues. If you can come up with an algorithm that without fail will predict human selection regarding video games, please call me and let me get in on that lottery ticket because we will never have to work for 5 lifetimes.

What I think BW needs to do is to show less trepidation and more motivation; be more decisive and put your front men (or women) out there to do their job and handle the public as it is. This walling up, trickling out information and showing fear of pushing the big red button to start the game is really silly and it's a corporate policy that will restrict this game's potential.

UP TO 5 days is possible until 12/20 in case you didn't know. UP TO means it could be 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or 5 days.

If a judge sentences you to UP TO 5 years in prison are you going to whine like a spoiled little child when they let you out after 1 year?:rolleyes:

LMAO Great point -- Argue that hahaha !!!

I gotta ask, where exactly does it state in your screen capture "Preorder to play NOW"??

Or is your brain making a connection that isn't actually there?

The grammatical equation for this sentence,"pre- oRder and play" is the same as "pre-order = PLAY. Just as if I said,"swing and miss..." Cause and effect. Since there is no time frame mentioned the person is free to assume that there is a direct correlation between the two. That's what we mean by false advertisement. The advertisement is deliberately ambiguous.

Edited by zerovex

There's NOTHING shady or false about it. It was clearly stated many times that you would get "Up to 5 days" and that when you got into EGA was based on your pre-order date.

How the hell is that misleading?

Because you didn't read the rest of the ad, or because you cant understand anything that doesnt have pictures?

Don't blame someone else for your negligence.

Half these folks probably had to wait for mom or dad to order the game for them and they didn't do it till later.

The grammatical equation for this sentence,"pre- oRder and play" is the same as "pre-order = PLAY. Just as if I said,"swing and miss..."

no Pre-order and play is translated as Pre-Order + Play ..... The term IS equates to = (equals) :D

Edited by triojdna

There are things you can assume based on experience and common sense, there are things you can't. Those ads were one of those things you shouldn't assume things about. I'm sorry you guys feel cheated by the english language, but again if this came to a court case they wouldn't be guilty of false advertising because they never failed to deliver on a promise they never made.

To the camp grounds guy, enjoy the lawsuit for that one. If you're wondering my reasoning, re-read the first sentence in this post.

Their is no such thing as common sense when it comes to court. You have to be clear on your definitions and statements or the other guy wins. Remember the woman that sued McDonalds because she was burned by HOT coffee? Who in their right minds expects coffee to be cold, or luke warm at best? No one. We all expect our coffee to be hot. We all know that hot things can burn our skin. Yet this woman still won a lawsuit against McDonalds for spilling coffee on herself. She should have used a cupholder instead of her lap, also, common sense.

The advertisement is misleading. There should be a * directly where it says Pre-Order to Play, and there is not. There is nothing that says you should scroll down and look for fine print. End of discussion.

It isn't false advertising, but it is shady advertising. BW actions are demonstrative of a company that is so wrapped up in the bottom line and these benchmarks they have set for themselves that they seem to have forgotten the greater picture of the customers.

If you read back through their posts on the matter (as infrequent as they may be), you can see that their focus is on, in no particular order, the servers. That's it. To me it's too much of an obsession about whether there will be too many servers, and whether or not server stability will be 100% A++ all through full release that it's affecting their capacity to provide a service so many people have paid in advance to use.

I will guarantee you that the servers will suffer issues over release. I will guarantee you that at some point there will be "under" populated servers and BW will feel that they have to merge (they shouldn't) and I guarantee there will be servers that are literally busting at the seams and because of that there will be wait times with queues. If you can come up with an algorithm that without fail will predict human selection regarding video games, please call me and let me get in on that lottery ticket because we will never have to work for 5 lifetimes.

What I think BW needs to do is to show less trepidation and more motivation; be more decisive and put your front men (or women) out there to do their job and handle the public as it is. This walling up, trickling out information and showing fear of pushing the big red button to start the game is really silly and it's a corporate policy that will restrict this game's potential.

Lol, again, nothing shady has gone on.. everything has been out in the open... if you dont read what your paying for its your own fault...

people like this is the reason con artists are even around.. you purchase with emotion.. not logic... you were soo hopeful that what you thought would happen would.. but it doesnt and you get upset.. No.. everything that is occuring has been posted on main site for everyone with internet access to read.. and internet access IS REQUIRED to play the game... so failure to learn about what you buy = your mistake....

Hey i did the same thing when Wolfenstein got released on 360 i about cried when i found out that it got like a 3 rating b4 i purchased it i shoulda read and learned how bad the game was instead of hoping for a nostalgic voyage thru demonic nazi camps!... you live and learn... or you continue to fail... =D