Preorder to PLAY

SnapFX

Where does it say you get to play right now?

The sad fact of the matter is you JUST destroyed your own argument with that one statement lol

How can u even Argue with the ad.. It says if i preorder.. i get to play.. not play in a few days.. but play now.. shady..

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys need to not purchase stuff out of emotions and hopes and dreams and cotton candy mountains of magic... and learn to read, ask questions and find out what exactly are you paying for befor handing the guy in all black selling you this mountain of magical candy goodness your money... and you would not be upset at all..

I just thought i should requote this... EPIC :D

They did, early game access... your bone...

color crystal... your bone..

anything else.. more bones...

But your pre-ordered game WILL BE available on public launch date...

if you entered your early access codes, your in line with us all..

dont goto midnight releases of call of duty at 11:59 and expect everyone to wait for you to come up buy 1 then leave since your money is just as good as theirs right... no.. your 2 blocks away in the rain out in the cold.. end of line.. waiting to get your copy.... just like me.. =)

and thats a legit way of doing things.. everyone gets to buy the game, and play the game at the same time.. as advertised..

They did, early game access... your bone...

color crystal... your bone..

anything else.. more bones...

But your pre-ordered game WILL BE available on public launch date...

if you entered your early access codes, your in line with us all..

dont goto midnight releases of call of duty at 11:59 and expect everyone to wait for you to come up buy 1 then leave since your money is just as good as theirs right... no.. your 2 blocks away in the rain out in the cold.. end of line.. waiting to get your copy.... just like me.. =)

But you don't give them your money while you are waiting in the cold...and when you do give them your money I should hope they give you your copy to walk out the door with. Instead of taking your money and saying come back in 3 days.

But you don't give them your money while you are waiting in the cold...and when you do give them your money I should hope they give you your copy to walk out the door with. Instead of taking your money and saying come back in 3 days.

Truth..

Next time ill hire a lawyer when i buy a mmo game.. so he can read the fine print for me..because clearly, company's are out to screw us :)

should u really need to read the fine print when an ad comes up like that.. holy.. if u spend 20,000 dollars on a car... yea maybe read the fine print.. (cuz im sure most of u read the fine print and most of u read the terms / contitions etc when u installed the game) And u gotta read the fine print when u are buying a 79 dollar game.. bogus..

Edited by SnapFX

In other words we are not waiting in a line to purchase something right now. We already purchased it! So any analogy like waiting in a line to purchase something is irrelevant. McDonald's analogy...out the window. Waiting in line at a store...out the window. and on and on. Edited by zerovex

When did this happen... they told you early game access in july... IN FULL DISCLOSURE.. they would be letting people get in early based on the date their code was entered... SINCE JULY this has been know and on main site.. on front page... there is a HUGE PIC! EARLY GAME ACCESS PREORDER NOW TO JOIN BEFOR 12/20/11 that brings you to the full terms of everything you need to know.. about the waves of people everything..

pre-order and play = exchange of money pre-order plus play = exchange of money

Since there is no mention of when the default position is now.

Ok, so your brain, once again is making a connection that isn't there. The default position is in your head, it isn't stated in the ad, so you make up the "position" and now you feel annoyed? LOL.

Also the "exchange" of money? Where did you get your copy from? because as far as i am aware their are very few people who have actually paid the full amount for the game as the game isn't even released yet.

Please, cry baby cry elsewhere, your constant crys become boring after a while.

People always manage to find something to cry about, hell, i am not in the EGA access and i can pretty safely say that i preordered before you. Do you see me crying about it? Nope..... You know why? Because i don't have the mental age of a 4 year old (I want, I get).

Edited by Nyek

When did this happen... they told you early game access in july... IN FULL DISCLOSURE.. they would be letting people get in early based on the date their code was entered... SINCE JULY this has been know and on main site.. on front page... there is a HUGE PIC! EARLY GAME ACCESS PREORDER NOW TO JOIN BEFOR 12/20/11 that brings you to the full terms of everything you need to know.. about the waves of people everything..

I didnt even come to this site, until a few days ago..

How can u even Argue with the ad.. It says if i preorder.. i get to play.. not play in a few days.. but play now.. shady..

Ok, again, please direct me to the ad that says to you that "you can play now"

I don't see them anywhere, strange that you do.

I'll refer you to my previous post and the last sentence on it about 4 year old mentality.

*EDIT*

I notice now that you see the flaws in your argument so you now change your approach and instead of whining about the game your seeing into the future about my gameplay LOL.

Children are children i guess, go to sleep.

Edited by Nyek

Yea i am mad.. Because everyone should be treated fair and with respect..

Whens the last time you phoned someone for some help, and they hang up on you? Nice Customer Service..

When you phone customer service, your phone call is answered in the order it was received. When you preorder this game, your early access is activated in the order it was received.

Good day.

In other words we are not waiting in a line to purchase something right now. We already purchased it! So any analogy like waiting in a line to purchase something is irrelevant. McDonald's analogy...out the window. Waiting in line at a store...out the window. and on and on.

You havent purchased anything that is available now.. SW:TOR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR PLAY TO THE PUBLIC.... however the terms of early game access which is a BONUS!!!!!! for giving them money to finish their product/fine tune their servers, pay their employees.. youll be in a small group that have early access to the game... if you gave them money a year ago to help pay voice actors hell your in a full week early... if you gave them money yesterday well its all nice and finished now, but there is alot of people who had their money out in thin air hoping this company would amaze them with their product... those people deserve to be in b4 you do .... if you dont agree with that... well your just a greedy, self-entitled ****** .. no offense =D

It came from your analogy. That's where it came from...lol.

Ok, so your brain, once again is making a connection that isn't there. The default position is in your head, it isn't stated in the ad, so you make up the "position" and now you feel annoyed? LOL.

Also the "exchange" of money? Where did you get your copy from? because as far as i am aware their are very few people who have actually paid the full amount for the game as the game isn't even released yet.

Please, cry baby cry elsewhere, your constant crys become boring after a while.

People always manage to find something to cry about, hell, i am not in the EGA access and i can pretty safely say that i preordered before you. Do you see me crying about it? Nope..... You know why? Because i don't have the mental age of a 4 year old (I want, I get).

Absolutely not. You are the one that has to use the very same add in order to prove that there was a time frame other than right now...You can't go and reference something else because the initial subject of this thread was within the context of this particular advertisement. Not anything else. If I ere to say,"swing and miss..." Would you think I meant up to five days from now? Or right now?

Edited by zerovex

I didnt even come to this site, until a few days ago..

Thats funny because purchasing thru Origins opens a popup to the SW:ToR site when ordering... If you dont know what your purchasing... your dumb thats the end of it all... everything has been in the open... since july... if you came a few days ago... you should have even more information that i did in august when i first came thru.. i didnt know inquisters could be healers... think god i came in and learned about what i was buying!

Actually it doesn't say play now. It just says play. Usually pre-orders are ordered in advance of actually playing, hence the "pre".

But people are f,ing playing right now. So your argument is moot.

Here go to any english teacher and hand them a note saying,"pre-order and play." and tell me what they think that means. In grammar it has a specific meaning of now because there wasn't a qualifier in the sentence to suggest otherwise. "Pre" only has to do with ordering not playing.

Edited by zerovex

Next time ill hire a lawyer when i buy a mmo game.. so he can read the fine print for me..because clearly, company's are out to screw us

Or you could just read the fine print? Why do you need a lawyer to do it for you? He/she would just tell you BioWare is right. Maybe you don't like the policy, but it's legally sound.

I didnt read all the posts so this may have been said but the link you posted cut off the bottom of the add were there is a * that means look at the foot notes were it tells you that it does not give you a certant time you will start to play. Come on man this has to be a joke there is no way people are realy this dumb

Absolutely not. You are the one that has to use the very same add in order to prove that there was a time frame other than right now...You can't go and reference something else because the initial subject of this thread was within the context of this particular advertisement. Not anything else. If I ere to say,"swing and miss..." Would you think I meant up to five days from now? Or right now?

No, no, I use the very same ad because that is your reference point. The very same reference point that you have imagined the word "Now".

If your brain actually made a proper connection then you would understand that "Preorder to play" means you get to play the game before release, which means you still have another 3 days in which to get your EGA. So once again, I ask you, where in the ad does it say "Preorder to play now"??

Also posting your reference point means that others aren't allowed to reference it as well? LOL

I gotta ask, how old are you man?

No, no, I use the very same ad because that is your reference point. The very same reference point that you have imagined the word "Now".

If your brain actually made a proper connection then you would understand that "Preorder to play" means you get to play the game before release, which means you still have another 3 days in which to get your EGA. So once again, I ask you, where in the ad does it say "Preorder to play now"??

Also posting your reference point means that others aren't allowed to reference it as well? LOL

I gotta ask, how old are you man?

If your brain actually knew grammar then this wouldn't be an issue...

Let me break it down for you one more time. The fact that there is no qualifier in the sentence implies the time frame of now. You don't say, "fire now" you simply say,"fire." If you do want them to fire a few days later then you say,"fire in a few days." SEE HOW THAT WORKS?????

I mean you could say,"fire now" but you don't have to. But if you want them to fire in a few days then you need to qualify the action with a time frame like,"fire in a few days."

Class is out.

Edited by zerovex

But people are f,ing playing right now. So your argument is moot.

Here go to any english teacher and hand them a note saying,"pre-order and play." and tell me what they think that means. In grammar it has a specific meaning of now because there wasn't a qualifier in the sentence to suggest otherwise. "Pre" only has to do with ordering not playing.

So to order before availability means to you, the ability to instantly acquire the order. Merely because you say an unspecific statement has a specific meaning, does not make it so. Not to everyone, not to any English teacher (that's a proper noun by the way). Seeing as the OP did not post the full add with the details that actually refute his claim, both your arguments are moot.

EDIT: The qualifier in question is in the fine print mysteriously cut from the ad.

Edited by lucasomega

So to order before availability means to you, the ability to instantly acquire the order. Merely because you say an unspecific statement has a specific meaning, does not make it so. Not to everyone, not to any English teacher (that's a proper noun by the way). Seeing as the OP did not post the full add with the details that actually refute his claim, both your arguments are moot.

Yes actually it does make it so. Read my post above yours and maybe you will understand why.