Disable sorcerer pulls on ball carriers

KingsGambit

I disagree with this point. Friendly pull can pull a stunned carrier to safety, which can be a real game-saver. It can also keep a ball carrier in range for heals when they are just running in a blind panic. Just a minor quibble. :]

That said, I don't know if I agree with the OP that it needs to be nerfed. People need to pay more attention to what is going on around them, rather than just tunneling the ball carrier. I don't want them to turn Huttball into a simple capture the flag game just because people aren't willing to develop better situational awareness.

And a good passer can pass the ball to a stunned person at the goal to win.. It is the same thing, just in reverse.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its really fun trying to clear a melee off the rafter as a ranged class that can just be instantly thrown from the rafters and then not have things like force leap to jump back up to them..

Well normally in melee versus ranged, the ranged is not at a disadvantage for being punted from high elevation because the melee can't hurt him. But if we're talking about removing the enemy's ability to pull ally, then knocking them off is sufficient and that's just 50/50, first person to KB wins.

Yeah cause Sorcs can do it all.

No other classes have pulls, right?

BH anyone?

I just love getting pulled into the fire.

I thought BH's had a speed buff too.

If you want to remove them all great but don't single out just one class.

Wrong. BH have an AoE knockback that's it. We have no speed buff etc. Most BH are worthless in Hutball

It's a bloody joke that The Pit is a sorcerer fest. No other class so destroys the game flow and balance. They already have powers that shileds can't block and can't be resisted, knockbacks and the only weakness, light armor is nullified by their arbsorption shield. They're crazy OP enough as it is, without their ally pull ruining hutball.

Disable ally pull abilities on the balll carrier. It's not hard to add it as an effect to the debuff the ball carrier has. It's ludicrous how the Pit plays out the same over and again. Tired of the sorcerer dominated PvP already. Can we move on to the new FotM please?

ITs quite Obvious that they are gonna make ball carriers a lot of limiations.

for example no more tank guard jumping and thus no more sorc pulling, you gotta think realistic here, they are already made it so that the ball carrier goes super slow, so they are gonna eventually make it where they cant jump as a tank and sorcs/sages will no longer be able to pull, its just a matter of time to when BW gets around to adding these limitations.

Its like we all know that sorcs and sages are getting a big nerf eventually, but a lot of sorcs and sages are in denial, but its gonna happen no matter how many points they try to bring up to defend em lol...

Edited by Sacmo

for example no more tank guard jumping and thus no more sorc pulling, you gotta think realistic here, they are already made it so that the ball carrier goes super slow, so they are gonna eventually make it where they cant jump as a tank and sorcs/sages will no longer be able to pull, its just a matter of time to when BW gets around to adding these limitations.

Cheating is encouraged doesn't sound very appropriate if you can't do any of those things anymore. Huttball would be the slowest most boring game if all u could do was move by walking.

Cheating is encouraged doesn't sound very appropriate if you can't do any of those things anymore. Huttball would be the slowest most boring game if all u could do was move by walking.

Cheating is just a sound FX its not meant to be part of game play, its more of a joke/entertaining thing BW added it wasn't to be taken seriously :p

I doubt this will happen, I say this because we all know that healers have no way of keeping a focused fire target alive, the ball carrier would just die and the ball would flip flop constantly till someone at range got it and made a break for it.

Then of course it would all repeat its self around the corner :p

It's a bloody joke that The Pit is a sorcerer fest. No other class so destroys the game flow and balance. They already have powers that shileds can't block and can't be resisted, knockbacks and the only weakness, light armor is nullified by their arbsorption shield. They're crazy OP enough as it is, without their ally pull ruining hutball.

Disable ally pull abilities on the balll carrier. It's not hard to add it as an effect to the debuff the ball carrier has. It's ludicrous how the Pit plays out the same over and again. Tired of the sorcerer dominated PvP already. Can we move on to the new FotM please?

So you have accomplished a few things

1. You basically tell us you dont do the dps to get through 3.2k bubbles.

2. No one on your team watches the ramps

3. No one on your team CC'ed the ball carrier

4. You dont know what other classes can do with the ball

Also if we disable pulls on the ball

Disable Knock backs,enemy pulls,leaps, ally leaps, CC, immobilizes, and snares on the ball carrier.

You want fair right?

Some people seem to be getting the basic terminology mixed.

Only Sorc have pull ally.

Only Juggernauts have charge ally (way better than pull ally 99% of the time).

Powertech have pull enemy. Assassins can spec to get pull enemy.

Jugg and Marauders have charge enemy. Powertech can spec into charge enemy.

In the general hierarchy of Huttball power, it's usually Charge Ally >= Charge Enemy > Pull Enemy > Pull Ally. Pull enemy always defeats pull ally (pull the Sorc before he pulls an ally). Charge Ally is always better than Pull Ally since you can charge to any ally, not just the Sorc.

Cheating is just a sound FX its not meant to be part of game play, its more of a joke/entertaining thing BW added it wasn't to be taken seriously :p

If its just a sound why are there fire vents and poision pits on the map. It was meant to be able to push people into or pull people to their deaths. Without these things this games just a lame version of football/rugby.

Edited by Baalazar

Why pass the ball if you can pull 1 tank to the victory.

Ball Carriers shouldnt be affected by any Pull/Speed buffs/leaps.

You wanna score ? kill the players that are trying to stop you.

right now every WZ is biased towards force users.

and bounty hunters with pulls

They are gonna get rid of tank jumping and sorc pulling.

They wouldnt of added pass if they wanted all these acrobatic moves to be involved.

when they ask for a team play style game they want pass to player to player, not pull player to you or jump to a teammate. :p

The real issue is interceding to stealthed players. You can deal with someone that is visible.

I can walk to the endzone fine while completely visible. It's trivial for any reasonably tanky melee to take a different path to get there. If you get knocked down, just fight in the pit which is probably one of the better areas to fight as a melee.

They are gonna get rid of tank jumping and sorc pulling.

They wouldnt of added pass if they wanted all these acrobatic moves to be involved.

when they ask for a team play style game they want pass to player to player, not pull player to you or jump to a teammate. :p

Then they will get rid of bh pulls, stealth, and other things too I guess.

not gonna happen... if u take sorc's pull you have to remove it from every player including all abilities that allow you to jump from bottom floor to top floor half way across the map AND then charge ur way to goal while tanking 8 people hitting you with massive spells and snares etc.... i mean cmon right? you take our pull... we take your jump... sounds fair to me.

Yeah cause Sorcs can do it all.

No other classes have pulls, right?

BH anyone?

I just love getting pulled into the fire.

I thought BH's had a speed buff too.

If you want to remove them all great but don't single out just one class.

Wrong. BH have an AoE knockback that's it. We have no speed buff etc. Most BH are worthless in Hutball

not gonna happen... if u take sorc's pull you have to remove it from every player including all abilities that allow you to jump from bottom floor to top floor half way across the map AND then charge ur way to goal while tanking 8 people hitting you with massive spells and snares etc.... i mean cmon right? you take our pull... we take your jump... sounds fair to me.

so what you are saying is. to win "you absolutely need a sorc/bh/mara" to counter the other team.

which isnt imbalance at all.

a warzone shouldnt require a CERTAIN class to be able to win. This is where we see that every warzones are imbalanced.

The ball Carrier should by immune to all friendly/enemy pulls/speed buffs

since you already have a debuff on you that slows you.

Working as intended.

Passing the ball provides the same functionality.

If you say you can pull a stunned ball carrier, then stun the sorc/sage. Stunned Sorc/Sage can't pull just as a stunned ball carrier cannot pass. And you can pass to a stunned sorc/sage.

I personally don't think any of the moves should be removed from Huttball. If I were to pick one that was "OP" I would pick the Force Leap to an enemy as that's the only thing that passing cannot replace.

But again, each class has their advantages and disadvantages. Also to assume every class should succeed as a ball carrier is false. One classes advantage in Huttball may be defensive in killing/rooting/stunning/slowing the enemy ball carrier.

so what you are saying is. to win "you absolutely need a sorc/bh/mara" to counter the other team.

which isnt imbalance at all.

a warzone shouldnt require a CERTAIN class to be able to win. This is where we see that every warzones are imbalanced.

The ball Carrier should by immune to all friendly/enemy pulls/speed buffs

since you already have a debuff on you that slows you.

And then it will just be a master focus fire for 15 minutes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.