WARNING: SWTOR Unstable

Sunsa

I've had many many MANY experiences with HD's blowing up in my face due to one thing or another, but never this badly.

I have a feeling the problem is you, the place your computer is located, or another bad component (like a power supply). I must say I've gone thru atleast 10 hard drives in the last 10 years, all of which failed, none of them however "blew up in my face" or in my tower for that matter.

Bottom line, if you have hard drives blowing up on you, you've got MUCH MUCH larger issues then a random game that you know nothing about.

Edited by seanzyyy

I've fried 5 HD's in as many years.

What I meant by "Many experiences, but none as bad as this" is that it's always been a physical issue with the drive, another component in my build, or myself. I've never had a HD crash because of Software.

I used to have swtor crash my hard drives all the time...then I took a blaster bolt to the knee.

If TOR really did make your HD blow up I would think BioWare would put that in commercials as a badge of pride.

TOR - blowing up computers since 2011

LMAO that would be to funny. I would think it would make all other companies just give up on competing with them.

As for MANY HD's blowing up in your face. *** are you doing? I have seen one HD fry in my 35 years and that was due to having multiple HD's plugged into a computer outside the case and one slipped and when two of them touched one went all smoky and ****. Was kind of funny to be honest my fault for being lazy.

I'm speachless.. really, PEBKAC

Ahh the old PEBKAC Error they are the hardest to rectify.

Op I'd say its the Seagate not the game, or there is a nasty corrupted file lurking on the HDD, had an issue with an old 200gbWD a while back strangely a format fixed the issue but it may be something as simple as a faulty sata cable, doubtful that it is SWTOR that is doing the error, even a corrupted game file wouldn't nuke an HDD.

Yup it must have been the software that was placed in the sectors of your hard drive that caused such an error. May i recommend you staying away from disreputable sites and avoid the virus's that come from them.

And you have fried 5 hd's in your lifetime. either your cheap and buying crap or you are doing something wrong. I work on computers for a living and haven't seen this many hd's fried. Computers might not be your thing.

Only natural in any consumer product driven industry that a handful of items will come off the proverbial assembly line and be defective..As others have stated, it sounds like your hdd was a defective product that should have never made it past quality control, but unfortunately did. You are fortunate to have isolated the issue...because the damn thing blew up...and mend the issue and keep playing. Regardless, Bioware is not responsible.

I've had many many MANY experiences with HD's blowing up in my face due to one thing or another, but never this badly.

Brand new Hard Drive, barely in my computer a week, no problems with it at all. Untill I started to play SWTOR, constant unresponsiveness caused by the client, which eventually lead to my HD crashing alltogether.

I was barely, BARELY, able to recover the HD. For those of you, like me, who can't afford to waste £100 because some post-Beta pre-launch tester didn't do his *********** job properly, be warned.

FYI: Running on low settings across the board, with shadows turned completely off, Vsync enabled and nothing running in the background. GTS450 1gb HD GFX, 4G Ram, SB 2400 I5 + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 32MB cache.

Are you new to IT? Games dont crash Hard Drives. If your drive has a factory defect like a bad sector then game will just accelerate that problem since its normal for games to READ/WRITE with your drive. Its just really foolish to blame a GAME for crashing your HDD. YOu can argue all you want of course. But its definitely not the programs fault... LOL.

Brand new Hard Drive, barely in my computer a week, no problems with it at all. Untill I started to play SWTOR, constant unresponsiveness caused by the client, which eventually lead to my HD crashing alltogether.

I was barely, BARELY, able to recover the HD. For those of you, like me, who can't afford to waste £100 because some post-Beta pre-launch tester didn't do his *********** job properly, be warned.

FYI: Running on low settings across the board, with shadows turned completely off, Vsync enabled and nothing running in the background. GTS450 1gb HD GFX, 4G Ram, SB 2400 I5 + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 32MB cache.

What processor are you using? A 2.6gig ham sandwich? I think I see your problem.