HIGH resolution texture pack incoming?

Fett

I saw recently that the new game TERA is offering an update to it's client to allow for high resolution graphix, it's a big 7GB download, but will make the game look fab, even if it isn't the best game in the world.

I have been disappointed by SWTOR's smudginess compared to other games, and I was hoping there was an update forthcoming that will make things look better. Both games scale to the same degree, have similar numbers of concurrent players, so I am not sure of the reason why the graphics need to be simplified down in SWTOR to such an extent?

I appreciate this is stylized realism, but I don't know why that would mean that fidelity should suffer so much.

Also Skyrim has an unofficial update that makes the graphic resolutions look 100X better. Could we the community do something about this?

Are we getting some sort of update on this for 1.2 or even at the forthcoming guild summit, any info would be appreciated!

Lol, i'd like you to take note on the silence of this topic..

The amount of times people have called for better textures etc, and its gone 'unheard'

the devs seem to have input for most other things, so no were probably not getting high res for a good few months.

Till then it will be swept under the rug, thinking nobody will care, which is really quite the opposite.

devs just say " oh yea we will pass it along to this and that " but we wont hear anything about it anymore for months, even years.

they fob you off, then go fix something like the personal holo thing you get from digital D edition.

(yes its broken) lol

Lol, i'd like you to take note on the silence of this topic..

The amount of times people have called for better textures etc, and its gone 'unheard'

the devs seem to have input for most other things, so no were probably not getting high res for a good few months.

Till then it will be swept under the rug, thinking nobody will care, which is really quite the opposite.

They made alot of assumptions that are not paying dividends for a large amount of players. We can all monday morning qrtr back this game . the truth will be told at the 90 day mark. how many subs retained to the sales. my guess 45% burn off , others think 1.7 million will be here a year from now. TOR on the whole is very blah

They made alot of assumptions that are not paying dividends for a large amount of players. We can all monday morning qrtr back this game . the truth will be told at the 90 day mark. how many subs retained to the sales. my guess 45% burn off , others think 1.7 million will be here a year from now. TOR on the whole is very blah

You have been accurate so far. <rolls eyes>

If this is not being taken seriously, is it possible that someone who is attending the guild summit could bring this up as a issue and push for more satisfactory answers during a streamed session.

I find this pretty disappointing after doing some further background reading, the response the community received doesn't exactly ring true for some reason.

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss high resolution textures and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!