The two mistakes you MUST avoid in the game!

TehPenGu

Do not, under any circumstances take any other crewskill than BIOCHEM. You will in a extremely effective way make yourself a worse version of the player that you COULD have been.

Second: Play sorc/sage. If you are not doing this, chances are you will reach 50 and think; "Why am I not one of those insanely tanky, high utility and wacky burst sorcs/sages?"

Not a word from BW if this is the way they made it, or if they intend to change it somehow.

The game I bought was NOT: Star Wars Biochem Sorcerers of the Old Republic.

Do not, under any circumstances take any other crewskill than BIOCHEM. You will in a extremely effective way make yourself a worse version of the player that you COULD have been.

Second: Play sorc/sage. If you are not doing this, chances are you will reach 50 and think; "Why am I not one of those insanely tanky, high utility and wacky burst sorcs/sages?"

Not a word from BW if this is the way they made it, or if they intend to change it somehow.

bitter much?

I chose armormech and it's great for levelling, maybe not so much at end game but that doesn't bother me, plus i believe BW will make end game crafting a lot more viable, it's a pretty simple change and i think it will happen eventually.

Only min maxers care about those issues, just let it go and you'll be a happier person in general.

I have a sorcerer with biochem :p

It is not that biochem is insanely OP, it is just that i am lazy and I prefer to use inferior resuable items than make blue ones constantly.

My sorcerer is also part heals, part dps, don't do either thing insanely well, but it is just a lot of fun to play. Not everyone is worried about min/maxing out the most pimp character.

For what it is worth, I think the Merc and Operative are comparable in terms of healing and dps, they are just not as fun or visually stimulating.

BTW I want florescent blue Emperor Palpatine lightning, not hot pink swtor lightning. :p

I chose armormech and it's great for levelling, maybe not so much at end game but that doesn't bother me, plus i believe BW will make end game crafting a lot more viable, it's a pretty simple change and i think it will happen eventually.

Only min maxers care about those issues, just let it go and you'll be a happier person in general.

Coming in patch 1.2

I have a sorcerer with biochem :p

It is not that biochem is insanely OP, it is just that i am lazy and I prefer to use inferior resuable items than make blue ones constantly.

My sorcerer is also part heals, part dps, don't do either thing insanely well, but it is just a lot of fun to play. Not everyone is worried about min/maxing out the most pimp character.

For what it is worth, I think the Merc and Operative are comparable in terms of healing and dps, they are just not as fun or visually stimulating.

BTW I want florescent blue Emperor Palpatine lightning, not hot pink swtor lightning. :p

You can reverse engineer the blues into purple re-useable stims/adrenals/medpacks which is pretty dang handy.

I think they will make all tradeskills more in line with biochem sooner or later, Cybertech is fun also, and I have an Artificer (who at this point is kinda useless, can make enhancements but not as good as the quested or dropped ones already in gear).

I play an operative mostly though, I didn't get the memo about Biochem Sorcerers. :(

You can reverse engineer the blues into purple re-useable stims/adrenals/medpacks which is pretty dang handy.

I think they will make all tradeskills more in line with biochem sooner or later, Cybertech is fun also, and I have an Artificer (who at this point is kinda useless, can make enhancements but not as good as the quested or dropped ones already in gear).

I play an operative mostly though, I didn't get the memo about Biochem Sorcerers. :(

Yeah... I figured I'd let the good ppl know before they make the mistake of believing what they hear about 5% balance numbers.

Bitter? Yeah, I've spent time on this game, and I'm not doing anywhere near the numbers the sorcs are in either healing, dmg, or "defending". (My shield covers me alone and lasts for about 2k dmg at best)

PvP is about fun. And if you are not having fun, there is nothing to it.

I'm confused. I play a Sage and I don't feel tanky or bursty at all.

Let me guess, Mercenary?

The shield is meant as a stop gap measure and gives you a bonus when healing yourself up (so long as you put a point into that trait). I pop it then do whatever healing I need to do on myself so I can get back to healing my teammates.

Do ya use Kolto Shell? Do you use Supercharge and the associated damage reduction with Kolto Missle?

Sounds like you just need to learn your class better if you want to rely on the shield that protects only you.

I won't claim to be an expert at healing with the Merc...but I also know that shield was meant only for me....just because Sorc gets a shield to apply to others doesn't mean they are overpowered. In my experience that shield is mostly used as a stop gap measure as well...gives them time to apply healing while their target isn't being damaged more.

Edited by Thunder-God