Patch 1.2 Design Problems, Bioware pay attention

Zaodon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see much of a problem with the patch changes, i mean getting punished for leaving (FORCE LEAVING like clicking on the pvp icon and quitting) is understandable, but what about those that have long loading times?

I mean my PC isn't great, if i join a WZ i have about 40s before i have to get to the starting point before the first door goes down. If i die at one end of the wz and spawn at the other end, i spend 20s on the loading screen, with a 30s wz kick cooldown, i'm kinda screwed.

But i do agree with one thing;

Getting objectives voids getting medals

Getting medals voids getting objectives

Medals > win/loss

People always complaining about nobody "planting bomb/capping turret/passing ball", and nobody realises, grabbing 5 medals (Very easy) grants 25 coms on its own, that's equivalent to 1 loss with 0 medals, or getting 10 medals and equating it to 1 win with 3-4 medals.

So the option is clear people, FARM MEDALS! FOR THE EMPIRE... or... republic (nubs) :>

Currently, badges > win/lose. If I can farm 10+ badges, I'll get more rewards than 3 badges and a win.

Achieving objectives interferes with gaining badges.

Gaining badges interferes with achieving objectives.

Hm, can't say this is true from my experience. A good game just gets me the 10 medals as a side effect. Notable exception being a very fast round of huttball.

But there is no reason to complain about this situation imo, because ranked wz will be the most efficient way to gear up (if you are on the winning side at least). And nobody will care about medals in ranked.