Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this thread. Great. Well, since I'm here...

Vader wins. He is simply a better fighter. For those who don't know, allow me to prove it.

As a lightsaber duelist, Vader's Form was without any real weakness. He was an undisputed master of Form V, and incorporated the strengths of all seven Forms into his fighting style. The only real weakness in his fighting style was his lack of mobility. However, he has shown that being faster and more agile does not mean much in several of his engagements. Even before his internment in the suit, Vader had bested legendary figures such as Count Dooku in lightsaber combat.

In comparison, Revan's greatest dueling feat is against Darth Malak.

Vader is also a physical beast. He has been shot, torched by a flamethrower, had limbs removed, survived immediate proximity to high-grade explosives (even the explosion of a fully loaded Y-Wing bomber), buried alive for days, and he has even walked off a stab through the chest.

Vader's also the smarter fighter. He has learned from the lessons of victory and defeat, taking after the tactical viewpoints of both his masters. Like Obi-Wan Kenobi said, "A fight is never a goal in itself. Sometimes it is simply a distraction-from the true goal- and best countered with a larger distraction."

Vader was an expert in misdirection and taking advantage of the weaknesses of an opponent. He is also a dueling tactician. He has been likened to a droid programmed to know every Jedi fighting style and to predict and anticipate every action an opponent will take.

In comparison, Revan's only noted tactical strategies in combat have been recognizing an opponent's weaknesses and exploiting them. But how do you exploit the weaknesses of a man whose entire fighting style is designed to defend against such attacks?

As far as Force users go, there's no contest. Vader is a monster with telekinesis, and has used it in a variety of ways. He has quite easily used telekinesis to hurl starfighters and various other large objects, even destroying buildings with absolute ease. He has had little difficulty ripping through the Force Barriers of opposing Force users to telekinetically thrash them. He was a master of Force Choke, and has even used Force Crush on several occasions. He has even used telekinesis in the middle of lightsaber combat to thrash his opponents with anything not bolted down.

Vader was also a master of defensive applications of the Force, including Tutaminis and powerful Force Barriers.

Regarding Force-based telepathy, Vader has used telepathy to tear the minds of his foes asunder and rip information from them, sometimes without them even knowing it.

In comparison, Revan has "moved" some asteroids (circumstantial game-mechanics), reflected Force lightning, and shown some impressive Force Healing.

"But Revan has Force lightning! Vader is super-weak to Force lightning!"

OK, let's assume he is. Through pure rage and the power of the Dark Side, Vader has survived for days with a severely damaged suit. Damaging the suit is a good way to get Vader angry, and when Vader gets angry, he destroys a building with the power of his voice and massacres everything he sees.

Vader dominates Revan in every field that we can measure. He is a far better duelist. He has far greater physical capabilities. He is smarter. He is the more powerful Force user. Vader is simply the superior being.

In short:

Vader still slaughters Revan.

Another thing, this whole Force Lightning argument is really silly....because honestly alot of biological beings haven't had much success in withstanding it either(aside from Maul, but that was just against a Nightsister not a fully trained master of The Force) so why is this suddenly some great weakness for Vader? It isn't really, especially when you consider that he lived long enough after getting hit with Palp's lighting to talk with Luke before dying.

But aside from that, it's not really a trump card seeing as he can use his lightsaber to block it.

Anyway just wanted to say that, Vader still stomps Revan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Another thing, this whole Force Lightning argument is really silly....because honestly alot of biological beings haven't had much success in withstanding it either(aside from Maul, but that was just against a Nightsister not a fully trained master of The Force) so why is this suddenly some great weakness for Vader? It isn't really, especially when you consider that he lived long enough after getting hit with Palp's lighting to talk with Luke before dying.

But aside from that, it's not really a trump card seeing as he can use his lightsaber to block it.

Anyway just wanted to say that, Vader still stomps Revan.

The suit itself does have vulnerability to Force lightning, but we've seen him survive despite a severely damaged suit. And that's even if Revan manages to last long enough to do anything to damage it, successful or not.

Revan puts up a 'good' fight, I think, but he is clearly outclassed.

Edited by Aurbere

The suit itself does have vulnerability to Force lightning, but we've seen him survive despite a severely damaged suit. And that's even if Revan manages to last long enough to do anything to damage it, successful or not.

Revan puts up a 'good' fight, I think, but he is clearly outclassed.

The suit sure, but even the suit has withstood lighting and the only time the suit was servely damaged was from Palps Lighting making it irrepairable. But yeah, Revan is done.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

And vader has been invented 37 years ago, so its not hard to find out what he can really do. Revan has been invented 11 years ago so we don't really know his true potential now do we? facts are useful in an argument but they cant be made to change other people's opinions. That is why this thread might last for 30 years.

Revan.

Vader.

Revan.

Vader.

Never stopping. You have good proof but Revan has only been in video games where he is CONTROLLED by the player or fought by the player. while Vader has Comics, novels, movies, etc. Give it 30 years and we will have more valid info.

And vader has been invented 37 years ago, so its not hard to find out what he can really do. Revan has been invented 11 years ago so we don't really know his true potential now do we? facts are useful in an argument but they cant be made to change other people's opinions. That is why this thread might last for 30 years.

Revan.

Vader.

Revan.

Vader.

Never stopping. You have good proof but Revan has only been in video games where he is CONTROLLED by the player or fought by the player. while Vader has Comics, novels, movies, etc. Give it 30 years and we will have more valid info.

I've seen this argument so many times. At this point, I take it as an official and unconditional surrender.

Revan.

Vader.

Revan.

Vader.

...Yeah I don't think Revan is gonna be lasting 30 years. In fact he's pretty much done at this point.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

LOL, Exar Kun is 20 years old and we are totally going to forget about him in the next decade, right? :rolleyes:

In regards to the thread, I can't be bothered to wade through the trolling and biased to bother with an opinion.

Edited by Beniboybling

LOL, Exar Kun is 20 years old and we are totally going to forget about him in the next decade, right? :rolleyes:

In regards to the thread, I can't be bothered to wade through the trolling and biased to bother with an opinion.

Perhaps I should have been more clear on that, Revan isn't gonna have anything more on him any time soon unless he comes back. Because out of his 11 years, he hasn't been anything impressive compared to Vader. How long a character is around, doesn't exactly matter of how good they would be in combat that is just a poor argument really.

It's not like there is some waiting period that every character has to go through.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Perhaps I should have been more clear on that, Revan isn't gonna have anything more on him any time soon unless he comes back. Because out of his 11 years, he hasn't been anything impressive compared to Vader. How long a character is around, doesn't exactly matter of how good they would be in combat that is just a poor argument really.

It's not like there is some waiting period that every character has to go through.

Yeah I totally understand and agree with that, I was more referring to the sentiment put forward by others that Revan will for some reason be 'forgotten' cause he's lame or something. Which is rather LOLworthy.

Though its possible Revan may return in the near future.

Edited by Beniboybling