The worst character animation in SWTOR

MuNieK

But you dont raise one leg in the air when you are angry, even tho its muscles' tension... Noone raises shoulder while angry... Show me one naturally looking photo from google where angry person covers his head between his raised shoulders if you really want to defend your point with some meaningfull arguments.

Actually, it's a pretty common involuntary response.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4875/retarded.png

The one on the right is my example of worst character animation, the left is what it should look like. The one on the right looks like the person who created it spent most of their time staring at their forsaken toon laughing in wow. No ones shoulders are that rounded, and if they were they would look ridiculous.

Actually, it's a pretty common involuntary response.

hehe well... looks like nothing gonna suprise me from now on... :)

--------

There is nothing wrong with the animation. Sith Warriors are masters of constipation. Everyone knows this.

Working as intended. The sith warrior always leaves his coat hanger inside the robes.

How come only those 2 people so far see the awkwardness for what it is? :D

I admit i work with graphics and draw a bit so it might be my deviation to pay attention to such "details", but i would let someone cut my hand if whats seen on that picture is a detail...

Edited by MuNieK

well lets flip this on the OP

what do YOU do when you are angry?

and not cold, calculating sith inquistor angry

but uncontrollable rage angry?

Point is when such uncontrollable rage happens, no human being would stand in place like that. Furious person tends to hit and destroy things.

However its not called "express rage" but "channel hatred"...

"Channeling hatred" is hardly a manifestation of hatred.

I imagine that channeling hatred would rather be acompanied with focus, intense breathing and arms-hands (not shoulders, not feets, not tongue) muscles including clunched fists. Covering head between raised shoulders is nothing related to channeling hatred, let alone manifesatet rage.

What i would do if i woudlnt be able to controll anger and rage? Propably this:

http://www.authoritydomains.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/angry-computer-large.jpg

still... no covering head between shoulders.

Edited by MuNieK

now imagine how stupid it would look for every sith warrior to throw a temper tantrum every time they needed to heal up

I dont think it would be really hard... to make it more stupid than it is atm.

...on second thought.... just let someone randomly move limbs of character model and stupid look might be not that hard to achieve. But it woudlnt be much different from the current one in terms of ridiculous look.

If i would be the one making decisions i would stick all jedi classes to meditation animation (dont know how the recovery looks like on those classes tho) and all sith to current inquisitor's recovery animation, inseatd of trying to make it different and ending up with current "channel hatred" stiff, unnaturall, awkward pose...

btw. the inquisitor's recovery leaves a room for polishing aswell, but its nothing compared to warrior's one...

While we are at inquisitor, i would also like ot point attention to one of his casting animation... the spell that is being casted for a while and have no cooldown "lightnig something"... where inquisitor pull up stiff hand in the air and freezes like that with lightinign walking trough his hand. Its so half-baked...

Edited by MuNieK

Hello.

This is the Example of horrid animation

Can you tell me how that passed torugh director of the team responsible for character animations?

On the left is in-game actuall animation, and on the right is quickly photoshoped example of how small effort was needed to make it look acceptable... Those shoulders have to lowered... its just mockery of sith warriors... While fixing it i would laso rotate head so he would be facing higher... kind of feeling delight of the channeled hatred, inseatd of current pose like he is about to ragequit the game and scream like a girl.

Feel free to post your candidates for "The worst character animation in swtor" in the replies.

I've never seen a more incomprehensible complaint combined with such a high degree of arrogance.

But you dont raise one leg in the air when you are angry, even tho its muscles' tension... Noone raises shoulder while angry... Show me one naturally looking photo from google where angry person covers his head between his raised shoulders if you really want to defend your point with some meaningfull arguments.

Where do you see mystical force powers surging through a persons body whilethey try to harness it? Comparing this to real life photos is silly. Tbeyre portraying an evil force user. Its pretty understandable

Yes only so little percentage of people seeing the problem... that proofs democracy is so wrong. THank you.

if one person sees an issue that nobody else sees, that doesnt mean he(or she) is right (or wrong)

it just means that they see something different

also, if it pains you so much to look at, look away whilst your warrior is channeling his hatred

dont whine about something that annoys you, when you can take steps to avoid that annoyance at no detriment/risk to yourself

Where do you see mystical force powers surging through a persons body whilethey try to harness it? Comparing this to real life photos is silly. Tbeyre portraying an evil force user. Its pretty understandable

So raising one leg behind him and jumping on the other one and putting finger in his nose while force sensitive imaginated character is "channeling hatred" would make sense too just becouse its not real life?

if one person sees an issue that nobody else sees, that doesnt mean he(or she) is right (or wrong)

it just means that they see something different

also, if it pains you so much to look at, look away whilst your warrior is channeling his hatred

dont whine about something that annoys you, when you can take steps to avoid that annoyance at no detriment/risk to yourself

I dont know how about you, but im writing on forums, giving my constructive feedback, hoping to contribute into game's development, to become better. You on the other hand seems to write to encourage stagnation just becouse some issue is not an issue for you.

Here is the analogy:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1050/raeg2.png

If you still think that unnaturally raised shoulders are the reason why this person seems furious, then im affraid we have nothing to talk about with each other.

I didnt mean to be disrespectfull towards anyone, but the current channel hatred is indeed as other person already mentioned more accurate for a toilet situation.

Edited by MuNieK

you are entitled to your opinion, but must realize that your opinion is just one drop in the bucket of a couple million other users (dont know exact subscriber number)

if you had found a sub-community that agreed with you opinion then you would have a valid case, but as very few people have agreed with you, you need to entertain the idea that you are

wrong

IMO the sith warrior is channeling his hatred as if he was about to scream obsenities at a particularly frustrating issue

i have thrown my hands in the air in frustration/disgust and so i can relate to a SW using such feelings to connect to the dark side and regain health

So raising one leg behind him and jumping on the other one and putting finger in his nose while force sensitive imaginated character is "channeling hatred" would make sense too just becouse its not real life?

I'm going to assume you're being serious here...

There is no such animation in the game so its a moot point.

Anyway, when you see the character do the animation that he currently does you think rage and anger and what not.

If you saw him do what you just wrote, you wouldn't think that.

And I kno you're going to say, "I don't think that when I see that", but you're the 1% here. Everyone else seems to see it rght away.

What it comes down to is you don't like it, but most people who have posted have disagreed with you. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinions, but there really isn't any point in trying to convince others of what you see. Just won't happen

you are entitled to your opinion, but must realize that your opinion is just one drop in the bucket of a couple million other users (dont know exact subscriber number)

if you had found a sub-community that agreed with you opinion then you would have a valid case, but as very few people have agreed with you, you need to entertain the idea that you are

wrong

IMO the sith warrior is channeling his hatred as if he was about to scream obsenities at a particularly frustrating issue

i have thrown my hands in the air in frustration/disgust and so i can relate to a SW using such feelings to connect to the dark side and regain health

1st Fact: constructive arguments and their weight is what matters, not the amount of people saying "no"

2nd fact: so far only handfull of people wrote in this thread, some agreed its awkward, others say its not a big issue or its not an issue at all - that doesnt mean most player think its not an issue, just people writing on forums, and those usually follow their agenda to lowering the perceived importance of problems that are not the problems they think that are most important problems in the game.

3rd fact: so far only one or two posts defending the current "channel hatred" were decent attempts of constructive argumentation (the ones about relaxation, tranquility and anger), however they were prooved wrong by counterarguments which weight were not yet denied.

:)

p.s.

i suggest going back on topic for a change and post your list of worst animations in game. becouse so far you are in position like: "all animations are equally cool" or "all animations are equally bad", are you not?

Edited by MuNieK

1st Fact: constructive arguments and their weight is what matters, not the amount of people saying "no"

2nd fact: so far only handfull of people wrote in this thread, some agreed its awkward, others say its not a big issue or its not an issue at all - that doesnt mean most player think its not an issue, just people writing on forums, and those usually follow their agenda to lowering the perceived importance of problems that are not the problems they think that are most important problems in the game.

3rd fact: so far only one or two posts defending the current "channel hatred" were decent attempts of constructive argumentation (the ones about relaxation, tranquility and anger), however they were prooved wrong by counterarguments which weight were not yet denied.

:)

Part of that second fact is merely opnion. As for the third fact, my reasoning hasn't been successfully proven wrong yet, unless you're referring to the nose picking thing which is a ridiculous what if scenario which proves nada.

Srry for typos using phone

Part of that second fact is merely opnion. As for the third fact, my reasoning hasn't been successfully proven wrong yet, unless you're referring to the nose picking thing which is a ridiculous what if scenario which proves nada.

Srry for typos using phone

Still i would suggest replying on topic :) THat is posting list of yours "worst animations in swtor". You havent done that yet. If you want to avoid mentioning "channel hatred" tho, you can at least make a list of best animations in your taste.

So the pic comparison is subjective...completely dependent on the persons taste.

The thread is based on personal taste... but strangely everyone defend the animation i have mentioned insetad of listing the worst ones for their taste... maybe they dont care about animations anyway, and just dont want that issue's fix to postpone their anticipated fixes? hmm? :)

Edited by MuNieK