Performance of SWTOR

Smudgersmith

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an older machine. I run SWTOR on all the lowest settings and it runs fine in that manner. I'm Getting ready to build a machine so that I can Run it all on max and these Posts scare me. Can you tell what Motherboard you are running? I have been watching everything. Because I want it to run perfect on my new machine. I would hate to build a new PC to find I have some sort of lag or stutter pop up on it.:eek:

I find it comical how random forum members have to restructure a computer and Windows to get ONE GAME to run halfway decent. You could do that or you could expect much more from a 200 million dollar game.

That's the primary point of that thread that BW needs to take point to. It's utterly absurd what some people have to do to get this game running on the mediocre level.

Heroengine can be purchased at your local Costco. You'll have to ask an associate what aisle it's in because they usually have the discount, not selling well items off somewhere 'special'.

I think right now they're having a two for one special. Purchase the Heroengine and they'll throw in a free SWTOR with it! Supplies aren't limited so don't rush it'll be there for a while.

I will save you a trip and money, you can download HeroEngine for free from their website.

http://www.heroengine.com/

I find it hilarious that anyone would spend $200,000,000 on a game and use a engine that the average guy can download for free. You only need to pay them if you publish and sell your product.

I have an older machine. I run SWTOR on all the lowest settings and it runs fine in that manner. I'm Getting ready to build a machine so that I can Run it all on max and these Posts scare me. Can you tell what Motherboard you are running? I have been watching everything. Because I want it to run perfect on my new machine. I would hate to build a new PC to find I have some sort of lag or stutter pop up on it.:eek:

Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3

TBH with the games current state and you are thinking of spending a shed load of money on a computer upgrade 'JUST' for this game, i wouldnt bother mate. Im glad i play Battlefield 3, Skyrim age of Conan so for me having a top notch system is worth it, just for this man no way. My advice hold out for a bit before u spend the doe.

My motherboard and system is an Asus p8p67 pro, i7 2600k, Asus 580 GTX, OCZ vertex3 SSD, 6 gigs OCZ Ram.

TBH with the games current state and you are thinking of spending a shed load of money on a computer upgrade 'JUST' for this game, i wouldnt bother mate. Im glad i play Battlefield 3, Skyrim age of Conan so for me having a top notch system is worth it, just for this man no way. My advice hold out for a bit before u spend the doe.

My motherboard and system is an Asus p8p67 pro, i7 2600k, Asus 580 GTX, OCZ vertex3 SSD, 6 gigs OCZ Ram.

I love that board, overclocks like a dream!

I have ran this game on several systems, to test performance, all ranging from a Core i7 with a GTX 580 down to a Phenom II X 4 945 with a GTX 550 Ti and another with a 6850. In the mix a Core i5 with a GTX 560 Ti. Memory ranging from 4GB to 16GB, all clean installations, fully updated.

Every system ran like **** in Fleet, Illum, and had multiple hitches between cut sense, opening menus, etc.

This game uses HeroEngine, a horrible choice for this scale of a game. To boot the coding isn't that great either, because of the limitations with HeroEngine.

sorry i just can't believe that its the engine as I i get a consistent 60 fps EVERYWHERE even in fleet.

OP what internet service you have?

Those not having issues are on cable?

Unless OP has allot of crap running in the background I dont see why the system is running so slow.

i have 50mb fibre optic cable, runs at latency 30-60 ms. background programs nothing apart from internet security, its a pure gameing machine i have, not used for anything apart from gaming, Windows 7 always in Basic Mode.

sorry i just can't believe that its the engine as I i get a consistent 60 fps EVERYWHERE even in fleet.

I call absolute ******** on this, all day.

I am one of the owners of an ISP, I have sat tied directly into our Gigabit switch which dumps right into our carrier class, tier 1 fiber back-haul. On a Core i7 with 16 GB of Ram (overkill), and a GTX 580.

Latency, of course, is not an issue. But performance of the game itself is utter trash and dumps down into the 20's on Fleet. I can run multiple instances of other games and not have this level of performance! Please....don't piss on my head and tell me it is raining.

At this point I will also add that another player on here found that when you open a menu a halt command is issued, by the game itself. That is why when you run if you open and close your inventory or other menu quickly you get a hitch. That thread is here in the GD as well.

I call absolute ******** on this, all day.

I am one of the owners of an ISP, I have sat tied directly into our Gigabit switch which dumps right into our carrier class, tier 1 fiber back-haul. On a Core i7 with 16 GB of Ram (overkill), and a GTX 580.

Latency, of course, is not an issue. But performance of the game itself is utter trash and dumps down into the 20's on Fleet. I can run multiple instances of other games and not have this level of performance! Please....don't piss on my head and tell me it is raining.

At this point I will also add that another player on here found that when you open a menu a halt command is issued, by the game itself. That is why when you run if you open and close your inventory or other menu quickly you get a hitch. That thread is here in the GD as well.

go look at youtube There are plenty of people playing with max settings geting 60fps

your specs are almost exaclly like mine except I have a evga 560 ti and a SSD drive

Edited by jarjarloves

go look at youtube There are plenty of people playing with max settings geting 60fps

your specs are almost exaclly like mine except I have a evga 560 ti and a SSD drive

You can get 60 FPS...on your ship, or anywhere there isn't 20+ people. Or at Fleet if your on a dead server and there are less than 20 people.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

You can get 60 FPS...on your ship, or anywhere there isn't 20+ people. Or at Fleet if your on a dead server and there are less than 20 people.

no. with V sync on I get 60fps everywhere.

On my laptop i get about 30-40fps in pvp but my desktop i get 60fps everywhere.

and Swiftsure is not a dead server.

Look at all the people who broadcast on twitch tv.

Edited by jarjarloves

no. with V sync on I get 60fps everywhere.

On my laptop i get about 30-40fps in pvp but my desktop i get 60fps everywhere.

and Swiftsure is not a dead server.

Look at all the people who broadcast on twitch tv.

But of course you are disagreeing with the "majority", so you must be lying. /sarcasm

That said, same for me. I was just on a 200+ fleet with easily 50-60 people in my line of sight and I never dropped below 70fps. Never done pvp so can't comment on that, but some people need to realize that not EVERYBODY drops to 10fps in large groups.

On my ship I have 115 fps, I think it's capped at that.. 60 at fleet sounds about right.

This statement leads me to believe you don't understand what V-sync does......

it prevents the image from tearing however it also limits your frame rates.

It keeps me from going above 60fps. With out it I can get up to 150fps on my ship and around 70-60 fps in pvp.

I keep it on because i like having a steady frame rate of 60fps.

it prevents the image from tearing however it also limits your frame rates.

It keeps me from going above 60fps. With out it I can get up to 150fps on my ship and around 70-60 fps in pvp.

I keep it on because i like having a steady frame rate of 60fps.

It does limit fps to the refresh rate of your monitor to avoid tearing, but it also does some funky things if the regular fps would drop below that number with vsync turned off. In effect it limits the possible fps to a select few numbers, mainly refresh rate / N where N is a whole integer.

That means if you're talking about 60Hz refresh rate, the only framerates you can get are 60, 30, 20, 15, 12, 10, etc etc. This is of course not taking into account double/triple buffering.